May 2015 Moms
Options

Summer fun with a 4 year old and newborn?

So we just welcomed a new beautiful baby girl on the 18th. I have a 4 1/2 year old girl also who is out of school for the Summer. I am struggling to figure out how to keep my oldest entertained while caring for my newborn during this hot Summer (especially during the week when my husband is at work). Any suggestions or tips for a new mom of two?

Re: Summer fun with a 4 year old and newborn?

• Options
    Kiddie pool in the front yard ! That way y you don't have to leave the house
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat, I'm hoping to have a great routine that includes kindergarten prep, field trips, and play dates at the park. I haven't created this routine yet though :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have the same dilemma except that it'll be my husband with our 5 to boy & newborn boy. I will be back at work in June & it'll be them. We are thinking it will involve the carrier & stroller at the park. Currently we only have one carrier, a ring sling & it's bright purple- I think I may get the hubby a masculine carrier.
  • Options
    Just do what you normally would and bring baby. Baby will likely sleep most of the time honestly. There's no difference having baby in the house compared to our and about in my opinion. That's my plan! Do what I would do without a baby.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ali0608ali0608 member
    TBsquared said:
    Just do what you normally would and bring baby. Baby will likely sleep most of the time honestly. There's no difference having baby in the house compared to our and about in my opinion. That's my plan! Do what I would do without a baby.
    That's my plan; just with breaks to feed baby.  I'm going to get my son into a few weekly activities at the park district and just bring the baby.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a316ba316b member
    I'm planning on enrolling my 4yo in swim and dance classes at park district.

Play dates, meeting the neighbors (we just moved), and finding new parks.

My 2.5yo needs to be potty trained before school starts in August- and I'm honestly more worried about bringing him places in underwear than the newborn!

Baby is portable and sleeps anywhere. I'm going to milk that for all its worth.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker