Single Parents
Options

Are you buying a holiday gift to your ex from your LO?

I just bought my exFi a Christmas present from Jake on amazon. I wasn't sure, but considering our circumstances, and the fact that exFi won't be seeing Jake during the holidays at all, I decided to buy him a present from Jake. I was a little sneaky, I know he's building up his bluray collection, so I bought the Toy Story trilogy, it's something Jake will be able to enjoy as well.

I'm not expecting anything back.

I'm also making a picture book for my exILs from Jake, but ex is going to pay for half of that gift.  I know if it wasn't for me, my ex would never think of gifts.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are you buying a holiday gift to your ex from your LO?

• Options
    No, I'm not.
  • Options
    Hell no. He does nothing for her and damn sure won't be getting anything with my hard-earned money.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, considering the three plus years we were together I didn't get ANYTHING from him at all. Nothing for Christmas, Valentines, B-days, anything. And, I put a lot of time and thought into all of his gifts. I'm still bitter :)
  • Options
    I think it makes sense if the child is old enough to participate in choosing and giving it.  Otherwise it seems a bit passive aggressive, though I certainly don't know your relationship.
  • Options

Something from DD and something from me.

But, we recently reconciled.

• Options
    H e l l  no.
  • Options
    If I had any money, I might, just because we are trying to stay friendly. 
  • Options
    I've been thinking about sending him a pack of pictures of DS or his handprints or something. If I send him something it will be something centered around DS and not just a gift I would know he wants.
  • Options
    I just had professional pictures done of the kids last weekend so I am going to put some prints in a nice frame for exH since I know he doesn't have anything like that hanging in his place.
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • Options
    It never crossed my mind. Last year I gave him a custom photo album from Snapfish . . . which I totally forgot about until just now. I don't know . . .
  • Options

That would be a "no".  Actually, make it a "FVCK NO".  That is all.

• Options

I guess I'm in the minority.

Oh well.

• Options

Yes, I am.  I also get him a Father's Day gift, and his birthday gift (which is about a week before Christmas).

For his birthday, I have always given him a picture frame  that is two 4x6s with L on one side, and his handprint on the other side.  For Christmas, L will pain him a picture on canvas.   Father's day is also a picture frame with handprint.   I always thought it would be fun to look back and see how much his hands and drawings change over 6-12 months.  Just wish I got to see them :(  

I know I will get nothing in return, and that is fine.  L likes making these so that is the purpose. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

i was happy as a pig in *** when i realized i would not need to get my x anythign for christmas (or his 3 siblings and all their children)- he has been unemployed for several years and while i woudl get something small for christmas, i got nothing for my birthday or any other holiday... even though i woudl get him elaborate gifts...

no sooner did i express my excitement to a friend, i got a text from my ex that he wanted to get me something frm my son for me.. and what did i want. After much hesitance and about a week of thinking.. i realized- why the frig not?!?! i gave him so many things, i deserve something. So i gave him a cost cap, and told him what i wanted (which it over the limit.. Oops) and when he told me what he wanted, i found it at a store for 4 times less than the budget.

while i didnt want to get him anything, if i am getting something from my son then i will look beyond it, as much as i dont want to.

• Options

Im getting him something small from DD..

We are getting along better on trying to co-parent even tho he still doesnt fully seem to understand.. but since we are civil im going to do something small for him like i did last yr and for fathers day and birthdays. He actually has done it in return for me last yr for christmas as well as this mothers day and my brithday.

I mean i see no problem if your relationship and communication are on a decent level that allows you to do so

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not this year.  If he had been paying child support, maybe...  but I would rather buy something for my DD's.
  • Options
    I sure won't be!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"