Babies on the Brain

Anyone here temping?

My DH and I will be TTC starting next month, but I figured I'd get into the mindset now of temping every morning and see how it goes. Problem is, I find myself working late into the evenings and some mornings waking up later than usual. I read somewhere that you're only supposed to temp around the same time every morning, but how far does that timeframe extend? 1-2 hours? 3? Most times if I'm not waking up within an hour of my usual time, I just skip it. Any advice/insight would be appreciated. Thanks! 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone here temping?

• Hi There! I think the normal window is 1.5 hours within a specific time frame every morning. Are you setting an alarm to temp? or just waking up and temping? Sometimes I hit snooze and don't remember, so I do always have a few missing days on any given chart, but I can still see the overall pattern and when my temp shifts. I am also not as religious about it during af. I do highly recommend it! really helps in getting to know your body and if you're even timing sex right! Also helps to confirm that you are in fact ovulating. 

I would also monitor CM. I never got into the whole cervix monitoring thing, but found that CM and temping have been great.
  • Some people can see the temp shift as long as they get 3 solid hours of sleep, others need to take their temp at the same time every morning. Unfortunately the only way to know which will work for you is to try it and see. It isn't worth finding out for me if I can temp whenever I wake, so I set my alarm every day for 5:30 and take my temp. My thermometer stores the last temp taken, so I can wake up enough to turn it on, put it in til it beeps, then turn it off, roll over and go back to sleep or get up for the day depending on my schedule. If I get more sleep, then I just turn it on and read the last temp taken when I get up for the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. I think I'll just start setting my alarm from now on and take it then!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    Most of the hard-core people on the TTGP board set an alarm to go off at the same ungodly time every morning.  Everything JNN said. 
  • I'm on my second cycle temping.  For my first cycle, I set my "work" alarm for every day and just went back to sleep on the weekends.  This cycle, I slept in a few days over the holiday weekend and my temps were way higher than normal.  I "disgarded" them on FF because the higher than normal temps caused FF to give me dotted crosshairs just 4 days after AF (CD8).
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • I'm about to start temping!  Just went off BC.  But we probably aren't going to start TTC until Sept.
  • I've been temping on and off for a year, only on our 3rd TTC cycle though. I'm one of the lucky ones who sees a temp shift regardless of what time I wake up, as long as I've gotten enough sleep. I usually take it when my body wakes me up to pee, then go back to bed and look at it when I actually get up.