June 2015 Moms

new complaints and vents for the week 5/25

Re: new complaints and vents for the week 5/25

• She goes by a couple different names.. And is all over other boards as well.. I don't get it what's the point
  • Loading the player...
  • @megtyrrell my last day is in one week & I "should" have 2 weeks alone, waiting on labor. I'm trying to rest after work now & make an AWESOME todo list for then. Something to finish for baby or a movie to watch or errand to run. SOMETHING for each day to keep me from going crazy! I even enlisted friends to help! Haha.
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    @karaelaine1991 I deactivated my Facebook for the very reason of being bugged about delivery. :) definitely consider doing this if that's bothering you too. It's been pretty nice actually. l will reactivate when he's born and all family knows first.
  • I'm so tired of feeling like crap. I'm sunburned a scorpion stung my foot my kid is sick and I pee every 45 minutes all damn night long. To top it off work has been ridiculous. Bleh over it.
  • TheEA said:

I am from a very large family... 10 siblings, seven of them are sisters. Only one sister ever asks me how I'm doing. I don't even hear from my mom! If she asks how I'm doing its because I randomly text or call her! I just wish they would show a little more interest in my pregnancy. I'm having a girl and she is only the second granddaughter out of 8 grandchildren! I don't want to sound needy but it kind of hurts my feelings that most of my family doesn't ask how I'm doing.

ETA that my complaint is kinda the opposite of a lot of you ladies.

I feel ya...my family is all out of state and supportive, but my in-laws are local and don't seem to care at all. When we first got pregnant I ended up in the hospital because of complications caused by hyperemesis and when I was finally released MIL told us to come over for a family dinner...to celebrate SIL getting a job (working for her grandma). No one even asked how I was feeling or how baby was doing, and this was literally the night I was released from a week long hospital stay. The whole pregnancy has been like this - no one seems to care at all, and after trying for two years to even get pregnant it really hurts to have this reaction. Even DH's feelings are hurt!
  • klkonwi said:

@karaelaine1991 I deactivated my Facebook for the very reason of being bugged about delivery. :) definitely consider doing this if that's bothering you too. It's been pretty nice actually. l will reactivate when he's born and all family knows first.

Things have actually been surprisingly low-key on Facebook! I'll get people sharing videos of babies and saying stuff like "this will be your life soon!" But I don't really mind that. I'm a bit concerned about what will happen when baby actually comes, but I don't plan on making any social media posts about her until we're home from the hospital, and even then no pictures... hopefully that will keep things under control!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We keep our pictures to a minimum-DH has a very picture-post happy family who post pictures of their kids/grandkids etc all the time so when they were visiting we asked them not to post any pictures on FB which the respectfully followed. I think we might have a total of 5 pictures of DD on the Internet because there's all kinds of creeps out there plus I don't feel the need to post every little detail of my daughters life online. I will still post a picture of DS once he comes but I agree with everyone who doesn't want a ton of pictures of their kids out there!

Exactly!!! I took a course on technology in the lives of children and youth in the fall and after taking that, reading the stuff that I've read, and learning what I've learned, I would be the most irresponsible parent ever if I posted a ton of pictures on there, even though I'd love to since it makes it easier for family who live far away to keep up with kids. You're right, too many creeps out there!

Absolutely no judgement towards those of you who do plan to post pics, by the way. And I'm fully aware that I may change my mind in time... But this is where I've been at with it since taking my class.
  • katyertl said:

I'm so annoyed! We have told our parents from the start we will call you when we want you all to come and we're ready. But my mom insists on waiting in the waiting room the whole time. Well fine then you can wait there for god knows how long but we still won't let you come until we are ready. Like I understand you're worried and want to meet your grandchild but for gods sake woman you love 10 minutes from the hospital!

Oh, this drives me crazy too!! Only it's my MIL, my mom lives out of town and due to health reasons won't be able to travel. MIL is very supportive and overall we have a great relationship and I'm so glad our girl will get to live near one set of grandparents, BUT -- I would sooo much rather they be willing to wait for a call from us AFTER delivery before coming to the hospital! It's our first, so I'm guessing my labor will be long, and I do NOT want any visitors during labor or for at least a couple hours after delivery. My husband is on board with that but not willing to withhold the information from his mom about us going to the hospital, whenever that happens. He says, "what does it matter to you if she waits at home or at the hospital?" Well, primarily, I don't want to feel guilted into letting her visit sooner than I'm ready!! And they, too, live less than 10 min away from the hospital. Also, I know that things went badly with MIL after SIL's delivery a couple years ago (she kept pestering the nurses for information which stressed out my SIL, she stayed visiting way too long immediately after delivery AND later that same day brought additional family members up to visit), so I'm dreading all that may come with her over-anxious desire to be at the hospital and be involved, too. Ugh.
  • Found out today that my brother will be living with me for the next 6 mo while he undergoes chemo, as if a new baby isn't enough :/ happy I can help him, but not sure I'll do much good!
  • Went to the ER on 4/18 because I couldn't stop vomiting, received two statements from my insurance saying patient responsibility is $2239 and $209 both for that ER visit. When I called them they said they won't cover it because it was a "non-emergency". It was the worst vomiting of my life, couldn't keep anything down, and of course was worried the baby would get dehydrated. Planning to appeal, so I requested a copy of my medical record from that visit from the hospital, where they wrote nausea/vomiting, no pain and circled "mild". Mild! I'm so angry right now. We can't afford bills like these before we even have the baby. Also if I get this kind of bill for just a couple hours, what kind of bills will I get when I have to stay in L&D for a couple DAYS to have my baby? What is the point of even having insurance if they won't pay when you're genuinely sick?! It's really depressing.

This is the first time in my life I've even remotely felt financially ready to have a baby, and it's almost too late in my life, I'd always earned much less before than I do now, but I'm afraid my thinking we could finally afford a child is going to turn out to be so, so wrong. Our small savings pales in comparison to the kind of costs we're going to ring up bringing up a child. I don't know how so many people do it!
  • This is just a complaint...

My doctor had three deliveries to do today so they had to reschedule my appointment to Monday. I'm 39 weeks 2 days and still teaching full time.

Sigh. :((
  • @heidiiwa

Definitely call the hospital billing department. They can look up the claim by the date of service.

Sometimes the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance company is different (more) than what the hospital actually will bill you. It doesn't sound like you have an actual bill yet from the hospital, and since they are the ones who want to get paid, their records are what matter.

Sometimes hospitals make billing mistakes when they send the claim to the insurance. It may just require them resubmitting the claim under a different code. I'd ask them directly if the coding was correct and if they can resubmit it.

You may ultimately need to appeal, but it may not get that far if the billing department can help you.

Insurance can be a pain in the ass sometimes, and I'm sure you don't want to be dealing with this right now. Hopefully just a phone call will take care of it. Good luck.
  • klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited May 2015
    @heidiiwa insurance is becoming a joke...... :( I'm so sorry. My hospital stay was one night with NO IV and it was outrageous what it cost. Yeah....... Feels great to have insurance that's still costing you an arm and a leg when you have to use it. Everyone also finds it appalling that the hospital I work at the insurance isn't all that great...... Just because it's healthcare field territory doesn't mean it's great!
  • My belly button and surrounding area is painful and numb at the same time, it's really bothering me
  • My dog picks 3 days (!!!!) before my due date to start acting out and being aggressive. She's normally a peach and the sweetest girl ever, but if she gets a hold of something she's not supposed to (like a sock) and we try to take it away from her, she starts showing her teeth and growling. We were able to find a certified trainer who is going to come to our house tomorrow and work with her. So thankful we were able to get in last minute, but seriously, couldn't she have done this waaaaay earlier so we had more time to prepare? 

Also, private dog training lessons are expensive. Wasn't looking forward to that expense. But that is nothing like @heidiiwa. I'm so sorry your insurance is doing this to you. :( I know it sucks to hear, but remember everything will work out. It always does.

• joyfuljennyjoyfuljenny member
    edited May 2015
    Random frustrations and not pregnancy related:
    1. Ran an errand this afternoon, had to drive about 30 min and the store closed at 5:00. I was going to make it with just a couple minutes to spare (I have worked in retail and realize it's a huge pain to have people come in just before closing, but I knew exactly what I needed and where it was, and the whole transaction should have taken 2 min tops; I was not going to browse or dawdle). Much to my dismay, when I was WITHIN SIGHT of the shop, I saw the direct road to get there was completely blocked off. By the time I figured out how to circle around the blockade (in 5:00 traffic), it was about 5:02 when I pulled up to the door. Got out to check and they had already locked the door and were counting the cash register. The employees looked at me but ignored me (not that I blame them, probably would have done the same thing). Now I have to go through the whole thing again tomorrow. Just frustrated I couldn't get out there sooner and that the road was blocked when I wasn't expecting it.
    2. I don't think my Endless Summer hydrangeas are going to bloom this year, which I find very, very sad. It's their 2nd year in the ground, and they've already grown larger than they ever were last year and look very happy and healthy, tons of new green growth... but zero blooms. Boo. Probably just need to be patient and let them keep working on developing a strong root system and hope they bloom next year, but I haven't had a chance to plant any of my typical annuals this year and I was really looking forward to having hydrangeas for cutting and bringing inside.