Baby Names

Boy names that go with Grace

Our daughter is Grace (17 months) We are two weeks from due date and have no names for our son. We liked Henry but a good friend used that name and we can't use it now. So, nameless. Any ideas on names that seem to go with grace? Middle name will definitely be David.

Re: Boy names that go with Grace

• Love Grace in the FN spot!  

Miles
    Oliver
    Charles
    Elliott
    Edward
    Benjamin
    James
    Thomas
    Warren
    Louis
    Owen
    Liam
    Simon
    Walter
    Patrick
    Calvin
    Caleb
    Arthur
    Andrew
    Matthew
    Lucas

• KelamzKelamz member
    You are better than nymbler!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Grace is a beautiful, classic name, so it would be fitting for a classic name for your son as well.

May I suggest:

Jude
    Charles nn Charlie
    Lucas
    Jonathan
    Francis
    George
    Martin
    Simon
    Phillip
    Theodore
    Zachary
    Louis
    Nathaniel
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• e1223e1223 member
    I think any classic name works well with Grace, but I know a sibset that is Grace, Samuel and Ian.
  • I love PPs suggestions of Oliver, Elliott, and miles. Also the names Raymond and Malcolm just popped into my head (I heard them recently and thought they were nice). Although now that I think about it, the 'ay' sounds in grace and Raymond may be bothersome.
  • KelamzKelamz member
    I love Francis. These classic names are all so Great. I was in a name rut these are expanding my horizons
  • Kelamz said:

I love Francis. These classic names are all so Great. I was in a name rut these are expanding my horizons

Yay, good! I love Francis, too. Such a refined and sophisticated name, in my opinion. I love Frances just as much for a girl!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Daniel
    Dominic
    Matthew
    Joseph
    Peter
    Issac
    Stefan
    Steven
    Christopher
  • I love all of the suggestions. I would encourage you not to write off Henry just because a friend used it. It's a great match with Grace and if you love it, you should use it. Unless this friend is at your house every weekend and holiday, I think you should go for it!
    Also suggesting:
    Alexander
    Nicholas
    Michael
    Francis again bc I love it too!
    John (nn Jack maybe?)
    Jacob
    Charles
    William
    Robert

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • saham07saham07 member
    Would you use David for a first name? David Frank or Frank David ?
  • Love suggestion of Oliver and Simon. Also suggest Everett, Silas, Ezra, Emmett, Jack, Owen
  • I like Oliver, Samuel, Alexander and Andrew
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • The only Grace's I know have Harrison, Noah and Nicholas. I also like Henry and don't think you should completely cross it off the list, but I have met a lot of little Henry's lately.
  • Our DD Grace Katherine was 16 mo when the triplets were born. We love classic names and all were family names except Grant. The trips are:
    Andrew Jack
    Grant Robert
    Charles Phillip. NN charlie

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• KelamzKelamz member

Daniel

Dominic
    Matthew
    Joseph
    Peter
    Issac
    Stefan
    Steven
    Christopher
    Dominic was my husbands name choice for grace, if she was a boy. I will have to revisit
  • KelamzKelamz member
    saham07 said:

Would you use David for a first name? David Frank or Frank David ?

If Francis, Frank David. And likely Frankie....gracie and Frankie. Sounds like a 60s couple!
  • KelamzKelamz member

Our DD Grace Katherine was 16 mo when the triplets were born. We love classic names and all were family names except Grant. The trips are:
    Andrew Jack
    Grant Robert
    Charles Phillip. NN charlie

Can I have all the names???? You did good with the names!!!!
  • KelamzKelamz member
    edited May 2015
    Regarding using Henry. It is my best friend. They were team green and because her husband has 6 siblings, they said "all names are fair game" at thanksgiving, when we told them we were pregnant (they were due in February). All names were fair game because he has three sibling a having babies this year and names were being scooped up fast. I definitely told her that henry was our number one name but can't prove or disprove that she was inspired (i.e. Stole) the name since they didn't tell anyone their names. She and her husband are our best friends but I don't see them that often. They are our backup guardians for the children should sometbing Happen to my brother.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Henrik. Harrison.