January 2016 Moms
Options

What gender are you hoping to have.

jonesl12jonesl12 member
edited May 2015 in January 2016 Moms
We all say " it doesn't matter as long as he/she is healthy" but yall know dang well you are hoping secretly for a certain sex . So boy or girl ?

What gender are you hoping to have. 128 votes

Boy
25% 33 votes
Girl
50% 65 votes
No seriously it doesn't matter to me
23% 30 votes

Re: What gender are you hoping to have.

• Options
    I want both and my partner and I have agreed that we'd be happy with anywhere from 3-5 children, so I don't care what comes when, as long as I get at least one of each!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I currently have a boy and boys are awesome! I'm honestly a little terrified to have a girl as I am a terrible girl and really don't know what to do with one.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 2 boys so defenitely a Girl
  • Options
    For selfish reasons, I want a girl just slightly more so I have one of each. But I know DS would love a brother, and boys are pretty awesome, so I could see myself with two boys. Either way we're done after this, for sure.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I would REALLY like a boy, but will open arms welcome a baby girl.
  • Options
    I want a boy, but my gut tells me it's a girl. This will be me and my partners first and she also wants a boy. Whatever the baby is we will be happy no matter what though.
  • Options
    I really want a little girl. I'm just SUCH a girl that it would be awesome. But I'd love a little boy just as much.
  • Options
    We have a little girl so one of each would be great, but I am sure my girl would love a sister, plus we already have an annormous amount of pink stuff
    TTC Since Aug 2010 Started with RE May 2012 HSG clear Tests normal - PCOS IUI#1 - BFN IUI#2 - 7/7/12 BFP Determined Ectopic at 7 weeks - 2 shots MTX finally hit zero 10/2/12 IUI#3 - 11/6/12 - BFN IUI#4 - scheduled for 12/7/12 - Clomid increased to 150mg IUI #5 - 1/4/13 first injectable cycle- BFP 12dpo EDD 9/28/13 Unassisted pregnancy due 1/5/16 - we were going to go back to fertility the following month Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    Really I just want a baby, but DH's nephews are terrors, and two different women have given me almost complete girl wardrobes, so I'm definitely leaning girl!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married 11/24/13
    DD1 born 12/24/15
    TTC #2 Aug. 16
    BFP for #2 11/22/16

Aug17 December Siggy Challenge: Funny Pics of Kids Afraid of Santa

• Options
    adcc43adcc43 member
    I already have a boy and a girl. H and I would think it was great to have another girl!

• Options
    I have lost a pregnancy myself. I can understand some people being sensitive to the subject but those people typically keep scrolling down and comment on subjects that they don't find "offensive" I didn't mean to hurt any feelings by starting this poll. @crogers19
  • Options
    I dont mind either way however i cant stop looking at all the boys clothes! Plus i told my dad as i gave him his last hug before he passed of cancer i would name my baby after him !
  • Options
    I lost my dad too @pjfoxall . His name was Michael so if I have a boy I'll be using Michael as baby's middle name :)
  • Options
    I really want a little girl. I have a boy and I'm a girly girl so it would be nice to have someone to dress up besides myself. Too much testosterone in my house
  • Options
    I love Michael x my dads name is Peter and we havent decided first or second yet
  • Options
    I'd like to have twin boys! Or just a boy. That would be nice :) I think if I had a girl, I'd spoil her a little too much.
    BUT ill be happy with whatever I get :)
  • Options
    I am leaning towards wanting a boy, DH wants a girl. Honestly, like everyone else, we'll be happy either way... I just think it'd be cute for DS to have a little brother to show around! 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    I've always wanted a boy first so if I had a little girl down the line she'd have an older brother to take care of her.
    But, now I just want a girl because I can't think of any boy names lol
  • Options
    We have 2 girls and would be equally happy with a boy or girl. Girl would be easier since we have all of the girly *things* but obviously it would be nice to have a boy!
    Hadley 3.2011 | Ali 7.2013 | Jack 1.2016
    NEW PEANUT DUE 7.2017 <3
  • Options
    I have two boys. I would honestly be shocked if it is a girl this time, I kind of already came to terms with never having a daughter. Logically I should want a boy more since we already have boy clothes and stuff, but I I could use some more femininity in this house!
  • Options
    We already have a boy, and my DH said he may only want 2 kids. So we are hoping fora girl.  BUT- we are honestly happy either way. Our boy is totally awesome and he would love a little brother. So obviously it really doesn't matter, it would just be nice to have one of each.  I may just keep pushing for a third baby if this one is a boy.  ;)  
    Married- 7/17/10
     Baby #1- "L.J."- 3/14/12 
    Expecting  #2- EDD 1/8/16 
    "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride" 

• Options
    zg49zg49 member
    We would like a boy this time but we thought the same thing before DD was born and she is the best thing that ever happened to us so another girl would be great as well.

• Options
    We just want a happy healthy baby but I'm predicting a girl. So is everyone else except for hubby and MIL. They want a boy lol
  • Options
    crogers19 said:

These types of posts are pretty offensive to mothers who have lost children and would love to just have a healthy baby irreguardless of the sex.

Sorry for your loss, @crogers19. I too have had a loss, and it's devastating and completely changes your outlook on pregnancy. I get it. But I think it's okay to dream of one over the other, as long as you aren't the obnoxious and ungrateful type to cry if you get the opposite.

And the misuse of "gender" annoys me too. Babies are born one sex or the other; gender is what they identify with. But if you're going to get nitpicky, irreguardless isn't a word, so...

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    I really truly cannot say I want one more than the other. I have a boy. I always said before I got pregnant I would want one of each, but when I get pregnant I lose all desire for any sex preference. I'd love my son to have a brother or sister and I can imagine it both ways with equal excitement.
  • Options
    denaebdenaeb member
    Thank you
  • Options
    bananers said:

These types of posts are pretty offensive to mothers who have lost children and would love to just have a healthy baby irreguardless of the sex.
    Sorry for your loss, @crogers19. I too have had a loss, and it's devastating and completely changes your outlook on pregnancy. I get it. But I think it's okay to dream of one over the other, as long as you aren't the obnoxious and ungrateful type to cry if you get the opposite.

And the misuse of "gender" annoys me too. Babies are born one sex or the other; gender is what they identify with. But if you're going to get nitpicky, irregardless is a word, so...

FTFY

FWIW, it is a word now as it is found in Meriam-Webster https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

I think it's important that people recognize the difference between gender and sex because it is becoming a more important and sensitive topic as our society progresses. 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing
  • Options
    bananers said:

crogers19 said:

And the misuse of "gender" annoys me too. Babies are born one sex or the other; gender is what they identify with. But if you're going to get nitpicky, irreguardless isn't a word, so...

Gender sounded better than "what sex are you hoping to have" lol but you are 100% correct. "Sex" is the term we use in the medical field most of the time as well. I have experienced a loss as well but it was 8 years ago and I was only 4 weeks along so to me it was just kinda my body's way of saying " something's not right try again later" . I never got sad about loosing the potential pregnancy as I see it happen all the time in the office and I trust my body knows what it's doing. To somebody that had had a more recent loss I guess I can see how it can be taken offensive and I really didn't mean it that way. I apologize to anybody that saw this and was offended but just about anything can be taken offensively I suppose. As for my hopes for this pregnancy the last one I wanted a boy this time I'm going for a girl :)
  • Options

bananers said:

And the misuse of "gender" annoys me too. Babies are born one sex or the other; gender is what they identify with. But if you're going to get nitpicky, irregardless is a word, so...

FTFY

FWIW, it is a word now as it is found in Meriam-Webster https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irregardless

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I'd like a girl but my Dh is convinced it is a boy. Whatever we have will be fine with me.
  • Options
    " irreguardless vs irregardless" not sure which one is spelled correctly . Regardless I'm not sure that I care if it's a word or not but I'll use it in a sentence today. My grandpa always says "Always Learn something new every day " and today I have learned that sometimes a positive post on The Bump quickly turns negative when proper grammar is not used .
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    jonesl12 said:

" irreguardless vs irregardless" not sure which one is spelled correctly . Regardless I'm not sure that I care if it's a word or not but I'll use it in a sentence today. My grandpa always says "Always Learn something new every day " and today I have learned that sometimes a positive post on The Bump quickly turns negative when proper grammar is not used .

Irregardless is a word - irreguardless is a misspelled word.

The differences between gender and sex are more than just grammar. 

This is only negative if you view it that way. 

edited for clarity
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    27alex27alex member

jonesl12 said:

edited for clarity
    I love you.
  • Options
    27alex said:

jonesl12 said:

edited for clarity
    I love you.
    Aww shucks  :x
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

• Options
    tuitwo said:

@heawilliams Unfortunately, I suspect the madness has only just begun. Before long we'll be getting the "guess the gender of my baby" ultrasound pictures.

I'd keep the Genderbread infographic handy. ;)

LOL - I know.  I've been a dirty lurker on other boards and have seen the future.  It does scare me a bit, but I'm still going to hold onto hope.

*YCSWU July Siggy" 

LFAF July Siggy
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am hoping for a little girl. Not because I'm girly, because I am the furthest from it, and to be honest, I'm a little afraid of what to do with girls, but I think every daddy deserves a little girl. We already have a son, so it'd be nice to have one of each. Obviously I'll be happy with either sex but I'm keeping a little hope out for a girl, just for DH! He thinks it's a boy though!
  • Options
    Me and my BF would love a boy but I had a dream we were having a girl. Everyone says I'm go a have a girl as well. I wouldn't be upset if it were to be a girl cause I want a baby so bad and I know I'll be a good mom BUT I feel bad because I am a huge Tom boy and if she is a little girl girl I'm go a rip my hair out LOL