Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Postpartum job interview

Hi all,
I'm new to this set of boards, was on TTC for a long time.
I'm 35 weeks with twins now and doing pretty well.  I'll have a C-section at 38 weeks if I don't go sooner.  Just found out last week we will be moving out of state in about 3-4 months for my husband's job.  I've been able to get two job interview offers in the new area, one of which is very promising.  They are aware of my pregnancy situation and very welcoming to let me come "when I am comfortable" after delivery.  On the spot I had to select a week in which I was willing to come, so I picked 4 weeks out from C-section.  Is this do-able?  
I will have reliable childcare (husband and mother, also possibly in laws) to stay with the babies.  But can I physically do this 4 weeks postpartum from C-section while trying to breastfeed, will require flying several hours, 2 days of interviewing, flying back.  
Also, is there any chance I'm going to fit into pre-pregnancy suit? I've gained 28 pounds so far and suspect I'll put on a bit more before delivery.  Maybe I should just wait til a few days before the interview and buy a new suit if necessary?

Any advice welcome.  

Re: Postpartum job interview

• Options

Whoa....flying, 4 weeks after having twins?! Yikes momma, that is going to be very, very hard. I'm fairly positive you aren't even allowed to drive for 6 weeks after a C-section so I would think you need at LEAST that much recovery time before doing much else. I would also ask your OB about flying after a C-section and if the travel could interfere with healing. Who knows!

I had both my kids vaginally and the recovery from my 2nd child was much easier BUT...I was a goddamn mess emotionally and mentally for about 8 weeks after having both my kids. Not saying everyone will be that way but having ONE baby is really difficult, I couldn't even imagine 2. AND trying to BF them. You will have your hands more full than you ever imagined. I'm not trying to scare you and perhaps you are a very strong person who can push through any challenge but I don't see how you can fly to a couple interviews 4 weeks after having twins via C-section. I couldn't even do that with one baby that I pushed out my vag.

• Options
    Well I had twins and a c section... so I think I can answer this. Physically yes I could have done this... i was driving 10 days post op and doing stairs from day one of me being released....My boys were premature (34weeks) but I gained 65 pounds and was back to my prepregnancy weight/ clothes in 2 weeks. I don't know if I could have emotionally and logistically done it. Breastfeeding is not easy, and I ended up pumping for my boys since they were in the NICU for 17 days. Ask your Dr about flying after the surgery, there might be a risk from sugery and blood volume or some such. Then I guess it is a wait and see thing.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I realize that this thread is a bit stale but is it possible to do a Skype interview? If they really want you to physically come for two days, I would strongly suggest that you bring the twins with you and have your husband or mom stay in the hotel with the twins while you are interviewing.

As for the suit, definitely hold off on that purchase until the week before you leave (give a bit of time for any quick alterations)