November 2015 Moms
Options

11 weeks: can't feel a bump

11 weeks and 4 days to be exact: I know it's still early, but I feel like there should be something there.
I don't have a dr apt until next week to confirm everything is ok.
I keep reading how these girls can feel something @ and sometimes before 11 weeks.

Is anyone else feeling a little disappointed that they can't feel a bump yet?
Needing some reassurance.

Re: 11 weeks: can't feel a bump

• Options
    kbonelkbonel member
    Not disappointed yet, but I've got nothing. After I eat I have some serious blump going on. I'm 10w5d, and trying to hide it at work until 14w. Everyone is different, I'm kind of stoked I can still rock my non-maternity pants for a while longer.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    urby87urby87 member
    As PPs have said, the uterus won't rise above the pubic bone until 12 weeks, so it's totally fine that you're not feeling a bump.  I can barely feel mine when I lay down and I'm 14w.
  • Options
    oooonerooooner member
    I'm 11w5d so we are very close. :)  I have nothing to show but BLOAT, so do not feel bad.  This is not only my first pregnancy, but I also have a titled uterus, so unfortunately I do not expect my bump to appear before 15/16 weeks honestly.  I cannot wait to be able to feel and "touch" the baby bump, but for now, I am content knowing my baby is okay in there (I had an ultrasound at 10w5d and all was well with baby) and that I should be thankful my stomach isn't getting anymore stretched out that it needs to be too early! :)
  • Options
    Totally normal. Your ute isn't out from behind our pelvic bone yet. Trust me you'll have a bump soon enough.
  • Options
    It's still really early. I'm 14 weeks and I'm just now able to feel the top of my uterus above my pelvic bone. I know it seems like you wait and wait to feel the bump and look pregnant, but it will happen soon enough.
  • Options
    sdw84sdw84 member
    I am 13w5d and no bumb and no flutters. It's still just bloat. I don't look cute at all.
  • Options
    LSRooLSRoo member
    You, my friend, are normal.
  • Options
    Tiff1stTiff1st member
    Your not suppose to have a bump until you are like further along! This is my second pregnancy first one was a miscarriage now I'm pregnant again and I'm 12wks 4days and I have no bump, just bloat! I literally never feel anything, just only when I need to poop haha! I think it's cute how some woman show earlier than others but I think it's just bloat! I was reading though that if you've had a kid already you start showing earlier. But I don't expect to show till after 14-15 weeks or further along! Don't worry we will all have our bumps! :x
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks and just look chubby. My face is starting to fill out. Is it possible to have a bloated face or do I need to cut back on what I'm eating? I'm still going to the gym but not as much as I was.
  • Options

I'm 12 weeks and just look chubby. My face is starting to fill out. Is it possible to have a bloated face or do I need to cut back on what I'm eating? I'm still going to the gym but not as much as I was.

Yeah it's possible to have a bloated face. Try more water to flush you out more. It may stay that way through pregnancy though. My nose grew last time! I couldn't stand it! Luckily it went back a few weeks after delivery.
  • Options
    mamavbsmamavbs member
    @Pontot31 your nose?! No way!!! I was so sure mine looked different but thought I was imagining it, so it's possible?!
  • Options
    Thanks I'll try more water. I hope my nose doesn't grow
  • Options
    mamavbs said:

@Pontot31 your nose?! No way!!! I was so sure mine looked different but thought I was imagining it, so it's possible?!

Oh yeah! I didn't realize it at the time. But looking at pictures - yikes! My mom even made a comment a few weeks after my daughter was born when we were looking at pictures of me toward the end. I'll be paying better attention this time ;)

My feet are also a full size bigger! I had to buy all new shoes. They never went back. I hope that doesn't happen again.
  • Options
    mamavbsmamavbs member
    @Pontot31 that's crazy! The things we put our bodies through. I definitely got bigger in the face with both of my kids and as it happens so gradually you just don't notice it until you look back or see photos!
  • Options
    kwink86kwink86 member
    I'm 13 weeks and feel nothing... waiting until next week's appointment to be reassured.
  • Options
    With my first I started out at 115 lbs and 5'2. I didn't even show any kind of bump until about 20 weeks. You're totally normal. I also knew a girl that was very tall and thin and didn't even look pregnant until she was almost due. As long as baby is growing fine don't worry!
  • Options
    I am 11weeks, and I can tell a big difference compared to 9 weeks. Now in the morning my belly is not flat. It is always round and hard on the lower part of it. I was thin, but I had no abs. so it may just be that. Anyway, there is clearly a bump on me, but everyone is different !! When you look at photos of women of 14 weeks, some a huge, some are still flat...
    It is good to remind ourselves that everybody is different, and needs different things when you feel abnormal. There is no normal :)

• Options
    I am 11w 1 d with my 5th pregnancy (third ended at 29 weeks) and I have no bump but lots of bloat . Rest assured, that bump will show in due time but enjoy the comfort for now .
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I am 5'2 and started out at 115 lbs. I am almost 12 weeks and have gained close to 8 pounds already. I had to go off of my medicine which I think is part of the issue but I didn't know if any of you experienced that type of weight gain that quickly as well. I know a lot of the things I read say 1-5 lbs is normal for the first trimester.

I am hoping it starts to plateau so that I don't end up gaining way too much weight by the time I deliver in November. I can still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes they are just starting to get a little tighter especially my pants while sitting down. I am hoping a lot of this is bloat but I have definitely been pretty down on myself!

• Options
    I gained 8 pounds by week 8! To my defense though we were moving cross country and living in hotels for 2 weeks. I did get a slight lecture from my OB to try to only gain 15 more. I went back for my 12 week appt yesterday and I've lost 1 pound. Maybe yours will balance out. Just be aware of what you are eating. I allow myself one treat a day and eat healthy the rest of the day. If I work out I make sure to eat the calories burned back.
  • Options
    I gained around 8 pounds as well.  I was exhausted during the first 3 months and have just recently started getting some energy back.  I hit the 2nd trimester mark this Friday.  As I've started to get energy I've started moving around more and being more active.  My family and I went on an adventure this weekend and I ended up walking around 10 miles and carried a 40lb pack for about 2 of those.  It was a bit too much, but I think my point is as you get more energy you can be more active and cut down on weight gained or curb additional weight gain.
    June Siggy Challenge image
  • Options
    I'm currently the size of a 3 bedroom 2 bath suburban home....but it's not from baby, it's from being bloated like a water balloon about to burst. With my daughter I didn't start showing until probably 16-18 weeks, maybe even further. It's totally normal.
  • Options
    Pontot31Pontot31 member
    edited May 2015
    vomitrosa said:

I'm currently the size of a 3 bedroom 2 bath suburban home....but it's not from baby, it's from being bloated like a water balloon about to burst. With my daughter I didn't start showing until probably 16-18 weeks, maybe even further. It's totally normal.

This visual made me LOL!

I feel that way some days. Others I have no bloat. It's funny how it comes and goes. By bed time I usually look large and it's gone by morning.
  • Options
    OhashfoOhashfo member
    It makes sense! I had an ultrasound last week at 9w4d and she had the thing so close to my vag and not on my belly yet. When your uterus gets higher you will start to show!
  • Options
    Don't be disappointed, be grateful. I feel so huge this time being my 4th pregnancy. I wish I had nothing showing yet. You will get a bump soon enough and then have to wear maternity clothes and get sick of them. I know it's hard though. With my first I so wanted to be in maternity clothes with a cute bump. You will get there. Enjoy all your bodies changes.
  • Options
    dbalfedbalfe member
    I'm 11w4d somedays I feel like there is one, somedays I feel like there isn't. Can't wait to finally see it tho!! Been TTC for 2years. First round of clomid worked!!