J

BPHudBPHud member
edited May 2015 in Baby Names

Re: J

• Options
    It's different and I kind of like it :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It makes me think you're huge fans of either David or Victoria Beckham. 

Since you like the surname thing, maybe Beckett would be a better choice.

other names similar to Beckham and Hudson

Gaston
    Emerson
    Lester
    Keene
    Finn
    Declan
    Sawyer
    Elliot
    Bennet

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree that I thought/would think you're a big fan of David and/or Victoria. 
  • Options
    Beckham screams trendy and I love David and Victoria.  It's pretty silly.

• Options
    BPHudBPHud member

Whats silly? The name or your love for David and Victoria?

I am not to concerned about the David and Victoria Beckham connection. They wont be popular forever and when he goes to school the kids wont know who David Beckham is
  • Options
    I think it's cute! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BPHud said:

I am not to concerned about the David and Victoria Beckham connection. They wont be popular forever and when he goes to school the kids wont know who David Beckham is
    I think using the surname of a well-known celebrity and football player is silly. 

It's like if someone named their kids Petyon and Eli. Different football, still silly. 
  • Options
    It sounds like you really love David Beckham. And while they may not be as relevant forever, he is still one of the most popular athletes of all time, if not the most popular football/soccer player. It would be like naming your son Gretzky or Jeter. I vote no.
  • Options
    I think of it as a last name.  I wouldn't use it.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    BPHud said:

Both.  The Beckhams aren't going away and it's a random surname you are just using which is all the trend right now.  Using a random surname to sound cool.  Since multiple people said it reminds them of the celebrity it's a pretty clear picture of what people in general will think

• Options
    horrible
  • Options
    Jags8Jags8 member
    Don't like it at all. Sounds like you're trying really hard to be cool and unique.
  • Options
    Awful, and as mentioned, I think it's silly also.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    My gym coach's son (7-8 years old) is named Beckham and I really like it. 
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I'm not a big fan but I think it fits ok with Hudson

Some other suggestions

Hudson and Bennett
    Hudson and Rowan
    Hudson and Oliver
    Hudson and Ryder
    Hudson and Landon
    Hudson and Rhys
    Hudson and Emerson
    Hudson and Wesley
    Hudson and Anders
    Hudson and August
    Hudson and Brooks
    Hudson and Camden
    Hudson and Lane
    Hudson and Finley
    Hudson and Embry
    Hudson and Dax
    Hudson and Ellis
    Hudson and Jonas
    Hudson and Sawyer
    Hudson and Archer
    Hudson and Everett

Not all of these names are my cup of tea but maybe they are for you.
  • Options
    I like Sawyer much better than Beckham. It's current/trendy but not trying so hard. I agree that Jackson is way too common.
  • Options
    Sawyer is pretty dang popular, too. I shouldn't use Beckham. It may not be commonly used as a first name but it's trendy in its own way in that using surnames as first names is trendy.

Ultimately it's your call.
  • Options
    How about Beckett instead of Beckham? Similar name but different connotation
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I like Sawyer the best out of your three options.

What about Bennett instead of Beckham?  Honestly, if I knew your kids were Hudson and Beckham, i would assume you were obsessed with celebrities (Kate Hudson and David/Victoria Beckham).  Think you should do something that is not a famouns celebrity's last name for the second one so it doesn't look like you intended to only use celebrity last names as your kids' first names.

• Options
    Beckham is pretty popular, and I wouldn't assume you love the Beckham's. I think it sounds good with Hudson. I also like Sawyer. I love Jack, not a huge Jackson fan because it's soooo popular. With Hudson I would also suggest Everett, Emmett, Kellen, Asher...
  • Options
    Love PP's suggestion of Bennett! Beckett is good as well... Beckham really does sound silly. Jackson would be an immediate no for me just from popularity, and Sawyer is just eh.
  • Options

Beckham is pretty popular, and I wouldn't assume you love the Beckham's. I think it sounds good with Hudson. I also like Sawyer. I love Jack, not a huge Jackson fan because it's soooo popular. With Hudson I would also suggest Everett, Emmett, Kellen, Asher...

Beckham is not popular it's not even in the top 500.  It's trendy as it's a random last name but it's certainly not popular. 

• Options
    BPHud said:

David Beckham is considered one of the greatest footballers of all time. Victoria on the other hand....
  • Options
    bbiutmcph said:

Beckham is not popular it's not even in the top 500.  It's trendy as it's a random last name but it's certainly not popular. 
    Excuse me for not taking the time to look up its level of popularity... By that I mean, I know several, it is certainly a name you are starting to hear more often. Op asked for opinions, I gave mine. I didn't ask you for yours.
  • Options

bbiutmcph said:

Excuse me for not taking the time to look up its level of popularity... By that I mean, I know several, it is certainly a name you are starting to hear more often. Op asked for opinions, I gave mine. I didn't ask you for yours.
    It's a fact not an opinion. And welcome to the internet.

• Options
    BPHudBPHud member
    Why are women so mean to each other. Yikes. Let's all be respectful of eachother. Beckham is becoming more popular. I know a few and my newborn photographer just had newborn shoots with 2 Beckham's. Ultimately everyone has an opinion good or bad. I just need to go with what I like and not worry about what people think. I came to this realization when a couple friends gave birth in the last few weeks and named their kids very unique names. As long as they are happy with the name that is all that matters.
  • Options
    bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited May 2015
    How is stating a fact mean? Good god people can have opinions that don't shoot rainbows up your ass. Sometimes it's good to hear honest opinions not just want you want to hear. It's unfortunate people can't comprehend this and realize opinions don't have to be all positive and nothing negative.

Beckham was used 502 times in 2013 on baby boys. It's not popular so if you know several babies with the name it's unfortunate for you

• Options
    samanthaj0esamanthaj0e member
    edited May 2015
    BPHud said:

Why are women so mean to each other. Yikes. Let's all be respectful of eachother. Beckham is becoming more popular. I know a few and my newborn photographer just had newborn shoots with 2 Beckham's. Ultimately everyone has an opinion good or bad. I just need to go with what I like and not worry about what people think. I came to this realization when a couple friends gave birth in the last few weeks and named their kids very unique names. As long as they are happy with the name that is all that matters.

Well then why did you ask for our opinions? I think you got some pretty useful feedback from this thread, personally.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Sawyer and Jackson are so trendy. Naf of beckham.

What about Silas? Dean? Julian? Bennett? Henrik? Jonah?
  • Options
    BPHudBPHud member
    Omg you ladies are ruthless. I appreciate the opinions and don't need "rainbows shot up my ass" I just think it's funny that on message boards people argue like children.
  • Options
    I do not like beckham and frankly the suggestion of Beckett just reminds me of bucket, and is probably what he will get called at one point. So I'd say no to that as well.
    I think for the most part people had some useful things to say so you should just scratch it and come up with a new name.
  • Options
    BPHudBPHud member
    Beckett is out. I know 2 dogs with that name.
  • Options
    BPHud said:

Beckett is out. I know 2 dogs with that name.

I would revisit sawyer. Goes well with Hudson and had a lot of positive feedback.
  • Options
    From a Brit's point of view, you would get serious side-eye for calling your kid Beckham. He is possibly the most popular footballer ever, and people tell their children about him. It would always have that association here, no matter whether somebody was a football fan or not. Just another point of view.
  • Options
    I don't mind Beckam, but I'm not raving about it either. I'm also LOL at the degree of butthurt in this thread.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers