VBAC? — The Bump
VBAC

VBAC?

BPHudBPHud member
I am so torn about trying for a VBAC. My doctor said I am a good canidate. I had a c-section with my first. I labored for 26 hours and pushed for 2 before the doctor determined my 9lb 10oz baby was not fitting. I then had a horrible c-section experience. They could not get the spinal to work after trying for 1.5 hrs so I had to be put to sleep. I had a hard time coming to terms with "missing" my sons birth. I am terrified that if I try a VBAC this will happen again, but I also want to try and have a vaginal delivery to experience child birth and be fully awake and present during my second sons birth. I am so torn on what to do. There are pros and cons to both and I cant decide. Any suggestions from mom's who have had both. 

Re: VBAC?

• I am sort of in your boat. Had a terrible birth with my first, my canal is obviously narrow and my babe would NOT come out, rather than C my OB reached in me and pulled her out!! Most painful thing ever. Had a nice and easy C with baby 2 because she was breech. This time around I would really like to try and have a natural birth. I am GD though so they always want to induce 2 weeks early. I am torn and unsure of what I want to do. I could use advice as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker