June 2015 Moms
Options

my water broke admitted to l&d update page 2 and 3 baby birthday tomorrow

13»

Re: my water broke admitted to l&d update page 2 and 3 baby birthday tomorrow

• Options
    Congrats! Happy to hear baby boy is doing well!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So happy to hear that you and Connor are doing well! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huge congratulations!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm happy all went as well as it could have and you have a healthy baby.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Great news !!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Glad to hear that Connor and mama are doing well. ❤
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congratulations! So glad to hear you are both doing well!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So happy to hear you're both doing well!
  • Options
    Congrats! What is a block?
  • Options
    Yay!!! Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! So happy to hear he is doing well!!
  • Options
    Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see a pic of sweet Connor.
  • Options
    Yay! Congratulations!!! Sending love to you and your LO. Can't wait to see some pictures!
  • Options
    Congratulations! Happy to hear you are both doing well and hope you get some much deserved rest!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Options
    Oh yay!!! Congrats on a 5lb healthy baby. Isn't that a weight marker for the NICU?
  • Options
    Congratulations! Glad to hear he's doing so well!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So happy to hear everyone is doing good. 
  • Options
    Yippee!! Good sized boy :)
  • Options
    Pictures or it didn't happen ;) Lol congratulations !! Sounds like a healthy baby !!
  • Options
    Congratulations! So happy mama and LO are doing well! Can't wait to see pictures ;;)
  • Options
    Hooray!
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    So happy for you and your family ! Congrats !! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! So glad to hear you are both doing well! :-)
  • Options
    Great news! So excited for you and for a safe arrival! Rest up you've earned it!

• Options
    foxa319foxa319 member
    Congrats mama! Look at that cute little face!!!
  • Options
    seeseaseesea member
    So cute!!! Hoping for a speedy recovery and a short and sweet stay in the NICU! :x
  • Options
    bosleybbosleyb member
    Any estimate on how long a NICU will be. Just curious as my water has been ruptured since 30.2 weeks and May 11th will be 34 weeks and when they have scheduled my c-section. So hearing how he is doing will help give me an idea of what to expect. How long were you in recovery before you could see him in NICU. I am having a C-section too (breech) and that is the hardest thing for me to think about is them whisking away my baby to NICU without me! I have told my husband he is going to be sent with the baby to NICU, I can recover by myself, but want my husband to be with the baby. I think the hardest part about having a preemie is getting released before they do. You have a good positive attitude about it though.
  • Options
    He is absolutely adorable !! I've seen a 32 weeker only have to stay 8 days. So anything is possible. I know leaving him well be tough but it's only for a short time. It always amazed me how they can be born early and be so strong.
  • Options
    @bosleyb great questions!! You are one tough mama! Hang in there you have got this! It will depend on baby! But!!! I had a great anesthesia doctor who really helped. See if he can do a block on your incision site immediately following csection. It helped my recovery so much! Csection wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't labor for 12 hours before. You've got this! Every hospitals policy will be different, so ask as many questions as you can. They don't get upset I promise! Our nicu team was thourough and the day of delivery came in and went over worst case things they would have to do to the best case scenario. 34 week babies are called feeders and growers. So they have to stay until they accomplish that. Expect latest until baby due date. With premature rupture of membranes or water broken baby will have IV antibiotics. They will check blood sugars but number one thing that determines when you see baby is breathing. Worst case they intubate baby and give surfactant to help develop their lungs. Our baby came out crying but needed suctioning. Thankfully we had a friend and my husband. Once baby came out and left for nicu they showed me baby and then they left. I did get to see him though during the surgery. It was really special! Then, my hospital let my friend come sit with me while my husband stayed with the baby. I had to have the spinal worn off enough to move my legs. I can't remember time frame but maybe 45 minutes after surgery. They transferred me to a different bed and immediately took me to nicu to look at my baby. From the time he was born to me seeing him in nicu I believe was 2 hours. I needed that. They want you to pump within 6 hours after delivering if you will be breastfeeding. We had a great lactation consultant come help us out. It was such a blur I've had them hell every day. My baby was 5 lbs and is in oxygen. His lungs are still struggling but he is doings ok. Our doctors estimate two weeks for my baby. His oxygen must be stable before he can breast feed. He has an NG tube where he is tolerating feedings really well. He is jaundice and is under bili lights. While everything seems scary it really is quite normal circumstances for a 34 week baby. So he is doing well!!! You've got this and your baby is going to do great that you've been able to last until 34 weeks!!! It will give them a great chance to grow!!! Congrats and good luck. Please ask any questions I'm still new to this but have been learning a lot and know God won't give us anything more than we can handle. It's the toughest thing I've ever done, but Connor is worth it!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Congratulations momma and Connor! Glad everyone is safe and doing well.