June 2015 Moms

my water broke admitted to l&d update page 2 and 3 baby birthday tomorrow

sharice111sharice111 member
edited April 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Seriously didn't think it would happen to me, but it did... Last night around 7 I started leakin and thought I peed my pants. I went to the bathroom and had bright red blood... Scary moment. I had a doctors appointment in the morning so I was hoping to not go to l&d. Bleeding stopped and I wasn't having contractions. It happened two more times last night until I fell asleep. Woke up fine and called the doctor and they said to just come to my apt. I did and sure enough the doctor checked the fluid and my water broke at 33.5 days... This is baby #4. No rhyme or reason just our luck. They don't want to risk infection and I'm a vbac so if I don't go into labor in the next two days I'll have a c section. My doctor is very vbac friendly and if everything is safe will help me to have a vbac... I'm a ticking time bomb at this point... Any nicu mom's with advice? They said they keep them until around due date usually. Sometimes earlier, so maybe best case scenario is two weeks to 36 weeks of he cooks a couple more days... We've had amazing support from friends since we have 0 family nearby and my mother is disabled. I have 3 older kids at home who need taking care of and a husband who has crazy work hours who has tomorrow off for sure but no idea after that... He does get some paternity leave but it won't be enough with nicu... Any advice. Any prayers would be appreciated. I was due June 10th so a little sad I won't be a June mama, but grateful for modern medicine to help my little boy. It's been fun reading all about our journeys the last 7 months and thanks for the already support. Just trying to stay calm in my lonely hospital room. If you got through my novel you are awesome. I will try to keep posing updates when I can.

Re: my water broke admitted to l&d update page 2 and 3 baby birthday tomorrow

• Oh no! No experience with anything NICU (I'm a ftm) but I am wishing you the best and hopeful that you get the vbac that you want, but either way stay safe and rest up, mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh no! I know you must be terrified, I'm a FTM as well so no helpful advice but will definitely be praying for you and your family!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thinking of you and sending prayers for a safe delivery. ❤️
  • Thinking of you !!!! Praying for infection free delivery!
  • T&P for you and your LO!
  • Thinking of you, prayers for safe healthy delivery for mom and baby
  • Thinking good, positive thoughts for you and your family!

• Many good thoughts and positive vibes for you and your LO!
  • I don't have nicu experience but I will be thinking about you!! I hope all goes well with the vbac. No infections!
  • Keep us updated. Sending you good vibes!
  • Goodness! I can't even imagine what your feeling right now (ftm here) but I hope all the best for you, and sending all positive thoughts your way.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • T&Ps to you and LO!!
  • My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Oh, I'm glad you're in good hands and have some support-- even though it likely doesn't feel like enough. Thinking of you and your lil' person!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • This is insane! Glad you're doing well and I'm super excited to hear updates as they happen. Even though your LO won't be a June baby, please still post your birth announcement on our sticky post! I hope you also share your birth story when you have the time. I hope you're resting up, I can't imagine a life with a family of six! Wowee!

Me: 31
         DH: 34
    Married 11/09/2013

LO#1: LMP 09/14/2014  BFP 10/15/2014  EDD 06/24/2015  DS Born 06/14/2015
    LO#2: LMP 09/18/2016  BFP 10/19/2016  EDD 06/27/2017 DD Born 06/27/2017
    LO#3: LMP 05/16/2018  BFP 06/18/2018  EDD 02/20/2019

• God bless you and your little one. Good luck to you
  • Best of luck. We are sending good thoughts and prayers and anything we can think of your way!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wishing you all the best for a safe rest of your journey.

• Prayers to you for a safe delivery. I'll be thinking of you!! <3

• Good luck to you and your family!
  • Thinking of you! Good luck!
  • Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts!!
  • mlindzzmlindzz member
    edited April 2015
    Praying for you and your little one! I'm a FTM with no NICU experience although I've heard repeatedly that the nurses there are often the best in the hospital, very caring and eager to teach people.

Take care of yourself, and don't let your mind play any games with you while you are trying to absorb this game changer. Don't doubt yourself! You and your baby are health and whole, you both are strong and you can do this!

Blessings!
  • Will be thinking of you! Can't imagine being stuck in the hospital. Just stay strong mama! Everything will turn out great!
  • Wishing you a safe and healthy next few weeks!
  • Best of luck
  • Praying for you and little man. He will be in the best of care.
  • Sending good vibes for a safe delivery and a healthy baby!
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Good luck! : )
  • Wishing you and baby the best. Hugs
  • Good vibes to you and your family!
  • Thoughts and prayers for you! Keep us updated!
  • Great update! Sending through some prayers for you and Connor. Blessings
  • Thanks for updating us. It sounds like you are in great hands and are remaining positive. Sending good vibes your way!
  • Thinking of you! You're gonna do great! :))