Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

1st Birthday ideas?

Hi everyone, I have a baby boy who just turned 9 months. I was wondering if anyone has ideas for a first birthday? I live in an apartment and don't have enough room to host a party from home. I want just close family and friends and don't want to go too crazy for a party my son won't even remember. Any ideas for something easy and not too expensive? It will be mostly all adults. Maybe three children under 3, that's it.

Re: 1st Birthday ideas?

• Options
    Grill out at a park?
  • Options
    How about a local nursery school who rents out a space. This was my awesome plan until the in laws and husband ruin it (long story), now having it at the inlaws home....guess what? They have a white couch and antique valuables everywhere...oy! Anyways, you can also do it at a kid friendly restaurant with a private room with little to no cost if you can find one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're renting the pavilion at our local park. They have grills there, just need to bring food and charcoal. There's picnic tables and a nice play scape for any kids who come. Now I'm just praying for nice weather! Lol
  • Options
    We are having my daughter's 1st birthday party at the same park near our home that we got married at.  It's got nice area to run around, picnic tables and a playground area for some older cousins.  Plus is has nice meaning for us because it's where Mommy and Daddy got married at.
    I'll be going there early to set up and decorate, with DH following with the birthday girl!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    You could try a church, they tend to have spaces. That being said, it's probably easier if you're a member of something.

Could also go with a dinner somewhere the kids could enjoy.
  • Options
    First birthday isn't really about the kid - it's the parents celebrating 365 of survival, and of managing to keep sane, or at least the appearance thereof. For my nephew, we had family and close friends, and planned it around the nap schedule so that we could put the kid down and spend some time with friends we hadn't had a chance to see in a couple of months. 

Since one-year-olds can't open presents, blow out candles, or eat cake - we decided to go with a smash cake photoshoot. Here is the article we based it on: