Weekly randoms

Re: Weekly randoms

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    JessHeppellJessHeppell member
    edited April 2015
    mellymar said:

mellymar said:

@ElRuby @JessHeppell I use the mobile web version usually. I do not use the app. It looks app-ish, tho, so maybe it will be the same. On the home page for community, you have your favorited boards, right? And below that is some other options to go to other boards - above this is the inbox. See screenshot

In related news - @JessHeppell I hope you reported that lady in Septemberwho kept calling you a very unfavorable name. It was way worse than 'selfish, whiny B' that I got warned for

totally revisited that thread to see if it was too late to report. GUESS WHO DELETED THEIR ORIGINAL COMMENT. ugh. if youre going to call someone something.. dont suddenly get all scared and back out. my goodness.
    Psshhh. Chickenpoop lady couldn't even stand behind what she said. Did she delete them all? I seem to recall that she posted it in a few comments. Maybe she missed one. =;

Edited - the talk to the hand smiley
    yupp. all gone. quite disappointed. never did get a private message about how i "trashed" her.. but whatever.

while i was lurking i checked a recent names board. a little girl named Sadie Antigone will be born in september. is that even a real name? or just 2 words holding hands?

edit: spelling
  • Options
    SerenamarrSerenamarr member
    edited April 2015
    Haha Antigone is the name of the title character in a Greek tragedy by Sophocles. It's pronounced Ann-tig-uh-knee. Although it's an actual name it is still definitely a very weird choice considering she is the daughter of Oedipus, who married his mother- so that little girl will be named after a product of incest......

Edit to add: that makes it way worse than if it just wasn't a real name in my opinion @JessHeppell lol
  • Options

Haha Antigone is the name of the title character in a Greek tragedy by Sophocles. It's pronounced Ann-tig-uh-knee. Although it's an actual name it is still definitely a very weird choice considering she is the daughter of Oedipus, who married his mother- so that little girl will be named after a product of incest......

Edit to add: that makes it way worse than if it just wasn't a real name in my opinion @JessHeppell lol

that poor little girl. as much as i hate fru fru spelling.. i would change that if that was what im going with..
  • Options
    @JessHeppell I just creeped to see what you were talking about and was so tempted to ask what in the world is she thinking but didn't want to be called a "mean mom" lol O:-)
  • Options

Great my boys are into the stage of "let's collect bugs and bring them into the house" stage!

My son is terrified of bugs... Even lady bugs haha... But he did decide to name two snakes that we found in our yard (they have since been humanely relocated to a different town)!
  • Options

Looked in the mirror last night at my bump and realized, "holy shit I have to push all of THAT out of my body in about 6 weeks!" I allowed myself about 5 seconds to freak out and then started repeating to myself, "vaginas open, babies come out..." And now I'm just going to try not to think about all that that entails lol

Well not all of it. Lol. You'll still look about 4-5 months pregnant when you leave the hospital, so just think you only have to push out half of that...and pushing out your placenta after baby will be a breeze. Feel any better? #:-S hum....maybe not.
    A little bit... but considering how everyone's favorite thing to tell me this week is how huge my bump is, that's still a lot to push out! Thanks for trying to make me feel better though! :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @laurendutch what a fun stage! Scares me about having a boy! Lol. My mil has been sharing stories of my husbands quirks as a kid..... Hilarious but scary!
  • Options
    I've started using the Belly Bra tank top that my SIL gave me, and it's wonderful.
  • Options
    Belly bra tank top?! Do tell........ More info ! @amark11 is it something big busty ppl can wear?
  • Options
    katyertlkatyertl member
    edited April 2015
    hoodoll82 said:

Ladies!!! I had my labor and birthing class today, and the teacher brought out an LED candle as an example of some preferences people have. I almost died laughing inside and no one to share the moment with...

Hahaha I completely forgot about that whole thread. Hilarious!

But totally random: I just purchased my husbands attire for the baby shower since he's joining in on the fun.
  • Options
    @katyertl that shirt is awesome. I wish I had a reason to purchase that shirt for DH.
  • Options
    mellymar said:

@katyertl that shirt is awesome. I wish I had a reason to purchase that shirt for DH.

I don't think you need a reason! I think I'm going to copycat the idea and get it for my husband as a joke. If anything, it'll just be a Tshirt I can sleep in :D
  • Options
    @katyertl @mvargas12 @hoodoll82 I could always use it to round out my order of LED candles
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

Is anyone else forced to watch ' naked and afraid ' by their husband..... But turns out really is addicted now ?

Ah! DH didn't force me to watch it, my hairstylist in NY actually talked about it and I was like - what the hell are you saying now? so I checked it out and yeah, I don't make it a point to hunt down all the episodes, but I end up watching all the episodes usually in a marathon or as reruns. I don't usually watch reality TV but these peeps are cray. While I was having a sickness pity party on the couch last night I was spacing out and watching it, wondering if I wanted to post about it on here. I'll stick on that channel and just watch them back to back to back in zombie mode. Perfect insomnia / sick at home TV.

Ugh, could you imagine? I'd be afraid of having something crawl into my lady parts, and getting bug bites in there. Hell no

[-(
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    klkonwi said:

Belly bra tank top?! Do tell........ More info ! @amark11 is it something big busty ppl can wear?

Hm, not sure... I don't see why not, though.  I only wear it to bed and around the house.  It has a thick band that goes under the belly, around the back, and at first I really didn't like it, but after wearing it to bed a few times, I love it.  Pregnant Chicken reviewed it and gave it a thumbs up, too.  I won't wear it out because it doesn't have padding in the boobs and I have a hard nips phobia in public.  So I pretty much come home, go to the bedroom, and put it on immediately.

ETA: I just looked at their website for the first time, and they say the purpose is to support the belly, thereby reducing back pain, and the bra (boob) part is secondary - so they say you can wear your own bra underneath.  I still probably won't unless I start getting worse back pain.. but it may be a good option for those of you having back pain, dunno.

• Options
    What are the thoughts about not having a glider/rocker in the nursery?  Is it necessary to have one?
  • Options
    @mellymar I find myself not feeling so bad/ my own pity party when I watch it because I think of how horrible those ppl must be feeling. Signing up for Mosquitos in your vag..... No thanks!
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

@mellymar I find myself not feeling so bad/ my own pity party when I watch it because I think of how horrible those ppl must be feeling. Signing up for Mosquitos in your vag..... No thanks!

Or when they are wading thru a swamp or something up to their waist and I'm screaming at them in my mind - "there are all kinds of tiny creatures in that water and now you don't even have the slight protection of a bikini bottom! Or underwear! All those little critters could swim up your...! Oh my!"
    X_X
  • Options
    JKTitus14 said:

What are the thoughts about not having a glider/rocker in the nursery?  Is it necessary to have one?

As a FTM I can't speak to it being necessary, but my parents got us a glider as a shower gift and I LOVE it... so comfy! I know I'll appreciate it during late night feeding/cuddle sessions :) 
  • Options
    JKTitus14 said:

FTM here, but we registered for a really nice one and are hoping to get enough gift cards to purchase it. I was at babies r us one day looking at their's and a lady was sitting there with her son who was a few months old. She said she couldn't live without hers and to make sure to choose one with a high enough back to lean your head on because at some point you will fall asleep in it and the last thing you want to deal with after being up all night is a stiff neck. I also plan to breast feed and pump in mine.
  • Options
    KarasTwin said:

JKTitus14 said:

FTM here, but we registered for a really nice one and are hoping to get enough gift cards to purchase it. I was at babies r us one day looking at their's and a lady was sitting there with her son who was a few months old. She said she couldn't live without hers and to make sure to choose one with a high enough back to lean your head on because at some point you will fall asleep in it and the last thing you want to deal with after being up all night is a stiff neck. I also plan to breast feed and pump in mine.
    I am a STM and agree with the above comments! I love our swivel glider and found it to be the most comfortable place to nurse and rock DS1. I did not get an ottoman though, as a nursing stool was more comfortable (and wayyy cheaper). But we have definitely spent many hours in that chair, reading books and snuggling before bedtime or if he is up during the night.
  • Options
    devyns2nd said:

I always forget this thread. It's almost like a meeting place for regulars.

-I want the belly bra thing asap.
    -I love naked and afraid, freaks me out.
    -My granny bought me LED lights thus weekend. Just for my house but still, I laughed out loud.
    -I'm getting a recliner instead of a glider. they cost the same and I can move it to the LR when needed.
    .....And I hate the waves of random threads. Some are from regulars lately?!?! I guess anxieties are running high.

My random is I despise mosquitoes!!!!

-HATE Mosquitos!!
    -Are those candles scented?
    -haven't gotten into Naked and Afraid, but definitely loving Lip Synch Battle
    -I need to look into the Belly Bra thingy too