April 2014 Moms

FFFC

Anyone? It's been a while.

Re: FFFC

• I got irrationally upset when a Juliette on Nashville hired a nanny to take care of her 3 week old. My greatest desire is to quit my job and be a full time SAHM, and if I had the millions her character does, that's just what I would do. I almost cried when I saw her be able to have that choice and then choose otherwise. Haha. How's that for irrational? And also, I totally think it's ok for a woman to hire full time help to care for her child(ren) so she can pursue her career more fully, but somehow last night I just couldn't take it when a fictional character made that choice simply because she gave up an opportunity that I want but can't have. Crazy, I know.
  • Loading the player...
  • Next month dh and I are going to NYC for our 10 year anniversary. Dh is all excited that we are stayin for 2 nights, but I really wish it was only one. I've never left dd overnight, and she doesn't know my mom that well. I'm a nervious wreck and I feel bad because he's psyched
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ^^I did this with LO1 at 13 mos. out to Nantucket leaving her on the mainland with my parents and sister who live 5 hrs away from us so she didn't see a whole lot of them. She did great. And I enjoyed it too.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • ^^Yep. I felt the same way about a two-night getaway a month ago.  I ended up having a nice time and it wasn't as hard on me as I thought it would be.  I was still pumping, so that sucked, but it was still a good time and it was nice for DH and I to focus on each other for a little while.  I will admit that I was VERY ready to get home when it was time to leave though.  DH was driving slowly to get better gas mileage and it was driving me crazy, so I finally told him to screw gas mileage and speed up because I wanted to see LO! He obliged. :)
  • Next month dh and I are going to NYC for our 10 year anniversary. Dh is all excited that we are stayin for 2 nights, but I really wish it was only one. I've never left dd overnight, and she doesn't know my mom that well. I'm a nervious wreck and I feel bad because he's psyched

Have her do a test day or even a test overnight

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• The other night I got out of work, picked DD up and went home. I was so ridiculously tired and was laying on the couch reading while DD played in her play yard. I totally ended up falling asleep for almost an hour! Luckily I woke up and DD apparently couldn't resist my sleepy vibes and was asleep too. I felt so awful though! Thank goodness nothing happened. I'd like to think I would have woken up if she screamed or shouted, but who knows!?

Have her do a test day or even a test overnight

She lives almost 3 hours away, so it's not doable with all of our work schedules.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll start. I was recently pulled over for speeding. As I was collecting my documents for the officer he suddenly said "You know what? Your daughter is just too adorable. I can't give you a ticket. Just take her out for a treat." That's the three year old. Thank you very much! However, I couldn't help thinking that once upon a time it would have been me who was too adorable ;)

This is so nice! I was pulled over when I was 40 weeks pregnant and having contractions. I got no sympathy! My dad still makes fun of me for having to take a 3 week old to court in a rough city...
  • I'm really enjoying being back to work this week. It helps that LO is doing great at daycare and I don't worry about him during the day. I wonder when the novelty will wear off for both of us.
  • I've been having all the feels this week. Like full on tear mode at the dumbest things. I'm seriously tempted to pee on a stick...

Although it could also be that I'm breast feeding less now and those hormones are causing the sways.
  • I peed on a stick today! I've been an emotional wreck lately (although I think it's because of LOs birthday) and all day my stomach has been rolling. EXACTA same feeling as when I got preggers with LO. Results were neg. I'll try again in a few days just to be sure.
  • I'll start. I was recently pulled over for speeding. As I was collecting my documents for the officer he suddenly said "You know what? Your daughter is just too adorable. I can't give you a ticket. Just take her out for a treat." That's the three year old. Thank you very much! However, I couldn't help thinking that once upon a time it would have been me who was too adorable ;)

You jinxed me! I was just pulled over last night for speeding. I was on my way back from my Sister's birthday dinner at a restaurant where Id had a margarita. I also got to take my first breathalyzer last night... passed just fine and he simply let me go without a ticket. I chalked it up to the pink princess pony rocker in the backseat lol.

You jinxed me! I was just pulled over last night for speeding. I was on my way back from my Sister's birthday dinner at a restaurant where Id had a margarita. I also got to take my first breathalyzer last night... passed just fine and he simply let me go without a ticket. I chalked it up to the pink princess pony rocker in the backseat lol.
    Phew! Sorry! These little ones are earning their keep for their lead foot mamas!
  • I just coughed and peed my pants. Good thing I'm at home in my jammies!
  • I just coughed and peed my pants. Good thing I'm at home in my jammies!

This happens to be all the time when I sneeze. Sometimes so bad I have to change!
  • I just peed a little when I was coughing! Something in the air tonight...
  • I did the same last night too. It happens much too frequently!