Hi ladies. I am 31 and pregnant with my second child. I opted to get the first trimester screening before I knew about all of the false positives woman are having. I thought i was in a the clear but my dr called me last week and gave me a 1-30 chance of having a downs baby. I just about passed out. I called the genetic consoler and got in the next day where i was given a little lighter news that it was actually a 3% chance of downs and a 97% chance everything is fine but I still didn't feel at ease so I opted for the NIPT test. It has been a week and I am going crazy. I haven't slept, there are days I can't eat and In trying to mentally prepare myself for the worst, I am losing my bond with my bump. I am so terrified. Has anyone had this test and if so how long did the results take. I would love to hear your experiences.
Thank you for your time