April 2014 Moms

Tips on boosting energy

Dd was up every hour from 11pm-3,am awake from 3-5am, and ds started the day at 6am. I got no sleep last night and I need to keep my energy up somehow because we have a lot to do today and dh won't be home till after the kids are in bed.

What helps you when you are sleep deprived? Any great foods or activities that help you make it through? (I don't drink coffee, tea or caffeine, so that makes it tricky.)

I figure we all need this from time to time, so maybe this can be helpful to everyone.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tips on boosting energy

• A shower and a walk around the neighborhood always perks me up a bit. Sorry you didn't get any sleep!
  • A nice cold drink of water and an apple as well as getting up to move around a bit every so often. Taking a walk to get some fresh air helps too! Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Random jumping jacks. I drove from NY to Colorado by myself with only a 2 hour nap. I made a lot of stops for a brisk walk and jumping jacks though. Random jumping jacks also work when I get so tired I nearly fall asleep standing up.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Lots of water
  • Going outside helps me.
  • How did you do? Still alive and kickin'?

• Made it through, thanks ladies :)
    It was beautiful today so we spent a lot of time outside running around, and after dinner I took a shower with dd which helped me make it to their bedtime. I'll be headin to bed soon. Fingers crossed she lets me sleep tonight!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Glad you made it through! Hoping everyone gets a good night's sleep :)
  • So much for sleep! Dd was up every hour again and when she finally went back to sleep at 6 ds got up and woke her up. Here goes another long day with both kids and no rest!
    And right now I'm feeding the kids while dh is in bed upstairs because he said we "kept waking him up" last night and he has to go to work . I guess I'll be useing your tips again today

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So sorry @AmberLiz99 Hang in there today!
  • Oh no, @AmberLiz99!! Maybe you can all get a good nap today.
  • BADASBKRCKBADASBKRCK member
    edited April 2015

So much for sleep! Dd was up every hour again and when she finally went back to sleep at 6 ds got up and woke her up. Here goes another long day with both kids and no rest!
    And right now I'm feeding the kids while dh is in bed upstairs because he said we "kept waking him up" last night and he has to go to work . I guess I'll be useing your tips again today

That's not cool! DH and I usually share night time wakings so that its fair. Being a full time mom is just as hard as being a full time employee...both are a job and equally important. Even if it is the night before my day off, DH will still split up the nighttimes with me if necessary. Im sorry, that sucks. Good luck today hun!

• I hope you made it through the day okay! Fingers crossed for good sleep tonight! You deserve a 24-hour nap!
  • Thanks @Talltrees82 . Ended the day with another 5k (we're signed up for this series that is every Friday in April) and I seriously didn't think I'd make it. I'm hoping for good rest tonight for everyone. We have three parties to attend tomorrow, and it won't be much fun if any of us are over tired.

These kinds of no sleep phases are one of my least favorite parts of parenthood. But my little girl fell asleep on me tonight after the race, and none of that mattered for a few minutes :)

BabyFruit Ticker