1st Trimester

Back pain early preg

Hi all

I'm 7 wks tommorrow with an u/sound this Thursday. Today I'm experiencing some back pain no bleeding or cramping and the back pain is not severe but wondered if anyone esle has it ard this time? Is my body adjusting or something esle.

Re: Back pain early preg

• I had the same thing. The RN at my nurse appt said it's totally normal.
  • I had low back pain for weeks 2-4. In the 2nd week of my TWW is when I noticed it and it barely started to subside last week. Some people experience it well into the end of their 1st trimester. The ligaments are starting to stretch and make extra room for baby. Totally normal! Mine felt like a horse kicked me in the back.
    Mommy to Gabriel (12) and Isaiah (10) and Step-Mommy to Danely (17), Diego (9) and Leo (4). Trained doula going for certification!
    5 losses (2002-6 wks, 2004-9 wks, 2005-11 wks, 2015-7 wks & 5/27/2016-19 wks) 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Its totally normal...
    Lower back pain was an early symptom I had with all my pregnancies (currently 3rd)
    If I had really bad lower back pain, I KNEW I was pregnant!  
    Some women get this... from inflammation, and pinched nerves from your uterus growing. Its natural in some women because some women have nerves in certain areas. 
    I had issues when it came to laying down, it seemed to make it worse, so I did things such as the cat stretch, to relieve the pressure off the nerves. It helped.. There isn't all that much we can do about it.. but don't push yourself too much, and take medications that are safe, and okay with the Dr.  Do stretches to help relieve the stress/pressure on your back, take a nice warm relaxing shower. 

35 Weeks with Baby Boy #3 

Jace Thomas- 2 years old and Zachary William 5 years old!

• Yoga yoga yoga!!! Prenatal yoga focuses on the lower back and opening the hips, which will alleviate that back pain. Worked like a charm with mine. :)