April 2014 Moms

No period yet... Normal or not?

Its been a long time since I've posted but I'm hoping someone can help me out.
I stopped nursing/pumping during the day 3 months ago. I stopped nursing completely 1 month ago. I also stopped taking the mini pill 1 month ago.
I haven't gotten my period yet and I'm wondering if I should mention this to my doctor or do any of you know if this is completely normal?
I've taken plenty of pregnancy tests to rule that out.
We would like to TTC in the next 2-3 months so that's my primary reason for wanting my period to come back.
I plan to start temping/charting but haven't gotten around to it.
Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Re: No period yet... Normal or not?

• I don't have any experience, but with nursing and the mini pill, you've had a lot of hormone changes happening lately. Your body might need some time to regulate everything. If you don't get a period for 60 days, talk to your doctor. Good luck TTC!
  • Nursing does crazy things to your body du. My LO is 12.5 m and still nurses all the time. He's all over the place. Between 5 - 10 times a day. With that being said I started my first pp period on 2.27.14 it lasted about 5 days. It was a little more than spotting bright red but lots of cramps. This month I started on either 3.20 or 3.22 (not sure) it was very very lite more pinkish than red about 5 days. I've started using the app period tracker lite to monitor better. Hormones are no fun. Before I was pregnant My Dr. Told me if i don't have a period for 60 to come in and get checked out. You have many different factors that could mess with your cycle. Hopefully your blessed with a little one soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies. I searched on the Internet and couldn't find much info. I appreciate your time!
  • Hmm my friend made it to 18 months pp before she had a period but we was still nursing.  No good advice or info for you.
  • Always worth mentioning. Especially if you want to TTC again. Could be normal, but that doesn't mean they couldn't give you something to get O going again.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • @ksulli thank you. I think I will call tomorrow.
    I know they say you're regular until you're not, but this is strange to me. I always used to spot when I would miss the pill for a day or two. And I was always so regular.
    I can't stop taking pregnancy tests because it's the only other logical answer. All negative.
  • If you just stopped the mini pill one moth ago, it could be that your body still needs to flush things. I would give it another month before getting too concerned.
  • I nursing ,with the pill and no period !
    A lot of moms get the period long time ago and they nurse for a lot more , so my answer for that is everybody is different.