Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone find any correlation between how they felt on fertility meds and how they feel pregnant?

BABYBRAGA2BABYBRAGA2 member
edited April 2015 in Pregnant after IF
Having gone through 3 fresh IVF cycles and 3 FETs without any ill side effects from the hormones, I am now 8 weeks pregnant with above average hcg levels and no morning sickness, just sore boobies. Anyone find that they feel the same? I keep hoping for ms just as a reassurance which sounds horrible, but I wonder if some of us just tolerate hormones better than others.. ?

Re: Anyone find any correlation between how they felt on fertility meds and how they feel pregnant?

• Options
    My hcg levels were very high too but my morning sickness was terrible. I've never puked so much in my life. I think it just depends on the person. First trimester I was really grumpy. Second tri I've cried a few times which is so not me. Just changes person to person.
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• Options
    I had super high betas and just a little morning sickness! IVF was def harder than pregnancy for me.

My heart is as open as the sky.
    Read about it on the blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Follow Me on Pinterest
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Interesting question.

I lost A LOT of sleep over the fact that I had no morning sickness and no sore boobs. I read every article about how bad that can be and scared myself to death. A friend at work had also gone through IVF with me and she had no morning sickness, but did get the sore boobs.

I'm not sure if there's a correlation. My mom had bad morning sickness and so it was scary to me not to have it; that said, I have an aunt who never had morning sickness. So maybe it's random. ORR maybe it's that IVF hops you up on Progesterone and gets you going before pregnancy so it's less of an effect for some people? Who knows.

• Options
    I sailed through my round of IVF. Now I'm 15 weeks pregnant and still miserable from ms. No sore boobs though. 

This whole process is such a crapshoot; you never know how your body is going to respond. 
  • Options
    Im a beast kind of. No symptoms or side affects on any IVF meds and I am almost out of the first trimester here and I have had not one second of any type of pregnancy symptoms. The only proof I have of this pregnancy is a wiggling baby inside my uterus on the ultrasounds I have had.
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited April 2015
    I haven't been able to get pregnant without IF so I'm not sure how I would feel 'normally'. My clomid cycle made my boobs hurt more. I was more nauseated on Lupron Depot but I've defiantly thrown up more now that I'm pregnant. I bloated more after my IVF but I had mild OHSS. Talking to other women at work, my pregnancy side effects seem to be worse that normal. However most appeared after I no longer needed progestrone and estrogen support and was released to an OB.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congrats on your pregnancy!! I know the feeling but I wouldn't worry as I think everyone is different. For me, IVF was very difficult, I got severe OHSS and I also had horrible headaches and nausea from all the hormones. Also did 5 rounds of IVF so this was over a two year period. My pregnancy was also difficult, lots of cramping and spotting with bad headaches too. I had nausea during my first trimester (no vomiting) and the sore boobs kicked in around 16 weeks. I have a friend who did IVF and was the exact opposite of me, smooth sailing and almost no side effects or pregnancy difficulties. I guess I had bad luck all around but it was all worth it and I wouldn't change it for the world....my baby girl will be here in 8 weeks :)
  • Options
    I had a smooth ivf round and so far at 6w4d no symptoms, although it's more alarming for me than comforting! I'm still in disbelief that I'm even pregnant and could use a sign or two!
  • Options

Im a beast kind of. No symptoms or side affects on any IVF meds and I am almost out of the first trimester here and I have had not one second of any type of pregnancy symptoms. The only proof I have of this pregnancy is a wiggling baby inside my uterus on the ultrasounds I have had.

I'm the same way! Except I have 2 wiggling babies.
  • Options
    I have been the same so far. IVF meds only gave me sore boobs. A little lower back pain and bloating for 4-5 days before eggs retrieval. I'm about 8 wks now and my sickness has been minimal. It was a little rough for about 3 days around the beginning of week 6. Nothing close to puking though. Still having some difficulty finding something I "want" to eat. But, definitely nothing to complain about like a lot of ladies.
  • Options
    I would have to say that going thru IVF I felt worse than i do now. I had really bad bloat, nausea, sore boobs and bad headaches. I'm only 6weeks and 1 day as of today and my morning sickness really just started yesterday and I do have sore boobs but not bad. No bloat(which I hate) or headaches really. I'm hoping the morning sickness doesn't get worse bc I hate that feeling.
  • Options
    I felt normal also after ivf with very high betas and just sore boobs until around 10 weeks then the dreaded all day sickness started and still hasn't stopped and I'm 15 weeks also very tired xx congrats on your pregnancies xx
  • Options
    I wouldn't necessarily call yourself in the clear for the first trimester pregnancy symptoms at 8 wks. My symptoms didn't start getting really bad until around 9 wks and then I had a couple dreadful weeks of "morning" sickness where it seemed like as long as it was morning somewhere in the world I was sick before I started feeling better. 
  • Options
    kfb1981kfb1981 member
    I did injectables and IUI. I felt pretty good on the meds and so far my pregnancy has been pretty uneventful. Very little morning sickness and other symptoms have been mild (I feel very blessed!)