What do all these icons mean? — The Bump
September 2015 Moms

What do all these icons mean?

Just curious...I haven't seen anyone bring it up yet but what do all of the icons under our username mean? I didn't notice them before. The check mark, heart, @, etc.
mel0601BrianaJ0917sarahnikaiCJHuff89

Re: What do all these icons mean?

• I've been thinking the same thing!!
  • They're new, but I honestly don't know what they mean haha. I think it's like a scoring system for how many comments and posts we've created. Or that's what it looks like anyway
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't think they're new! I've noticed them for a long time (: they're "badges." Like @mrscaterosales said, it's just for things like commenting and likes (I think there's one for being the first comment on a post or first answers to a question). I think the little @ one is for the first time you tag someone haha
    nikkidavis421
  • they are new for me! I've been wondering about them. one of mine is an exclamation mark, I hope it isn't something bad?!
  • they are new for me! I've been wondering about them. one of mine is an exclamation mark, I hope it isn't something bad?!

Yeah I only use my phone and they're definitely new to me too, have only seen them for like the past week or so.
    berticus87vicks3590Melzig76
  • Haha I wanted to ask but I was to lazy too lol
    Good to know Iam not the only one wondering lol
    mybabynumber2vicks3590sparklett22
  • Well weird, why have mine been around?! Maybe desktop is different, and I've just never noticed because I switch between lots?
  • And some people have what looks like a birthday cake. What the heck is that? Haha. Thanks for the responses!
    barrelocarolvicks3590kasbabskid
  • They are new to me too! But only on the phone. There's all sorts of "tickers" and stuff on people's "signatures" when you login from a computer. I have one that says it's #3, team pink, etc but it doesn't show up on mobile app. I'd like to know too! I think the cake looks like a wedding cake, maybe they used a related app for their wedding???
    lisadoninelli
  • @tinyfeets wow thanks! You have all the info. I never use the desktop version so I would have never known all of that. Now I get it! Haha =D>
    tinyfeetssparklett22
  • that's really helpful, thanks @tinyfeets ! apparently my cake means I've been here so long that the Bump wasn't tracking it yet, lol. (I started on the Knot like a decade ago, so that makes sense.)
    tinyfeets
  • @tinyfeets thanks for the explanation! :-)
  • abskidabskid member
    edited October 2017
    I was wondering about the birthday cake one, too! Thanks for the explanation, @tinyfeets
    Me: 32 with PCOS and stroke survivor
    Husband: 32
    Married: Oct. 2013
    TTC: 2.5 years for baby #1
    BFP: Friday, September 29, 2017 (The day after my 32 birthday!!!!!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you!
    Me: 32 with PCOS and stroke survivor
    Husband: 32
    Married: Oct. 2013
    TTC: 2.5 years for baby #1
    BFP: Friday, September 29, 2017 (The day after my 32 birthday!!!!!)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker