April 2015 Moms
Options

FTM & so many pains! Help ease my mind!!!

FTM here! I'm 38 weeks and 2 days. I have so many pains and keep hoping they are contractions. shooting pains into my vagina, period type pains in lower abdomen & back & then it feels like my vagina hole is opening and closing. What exactly is going on?! I've been 1cm & 50% for 2 weeks solid now.... Ready for some progress. I can't sit for long or walk... So much pain. Are these braxton hicks or just stretching and maybe the way baby girl is sitting? Need some advice please ladies :)

Re: FTM & so many pains! Help ease my mind!!!

• Options
    Drink a ton of water and put your feet up/take a bath. If the pains subside after a bit it is probably just your body gearing up for labor. If they don't see the if the pains are coming in timetable intervals. Dehydration can make you feel miserable towards the end so drink tons of water.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    I drink so much water it's literally insane!!! I can't sit with my feet higher than me without having those excruciating pains go through my vagina. That is a pain like no other! So you think all that could be happening from not enough liquids? What about the other pains? So many changes its unreal!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be labor, but I'm not a Dr. Are the pains coming in timetable intervals?
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • Options
    No, it's insane!! Ha ha. Guess I just need to suck it up until my next doc appt.
  • Options
    Urine infection maybe??
  • Options
    Early labor can last for weeks... My doctor discussed this with me on my last appt. I've been having some serious contractions. They come and go but aren't regular yet. I've gone in twice thinking it was real labor and all they did for me was give fluids and send me home. They monitor the contractions but nothing came of them. Just try to "relax" as much as possible. You can also take Tylenol and drink water to help a little with the pain... Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    The shooting pains sounds like the famous 'lightning crotch' (hate saying that lol) the lower belly pains could be BH or just cramps... (I cramp quite often) as for the other pain I'm not sure... However it's all part of your body gearing up like PP said :) good luck !!!
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!! It's unbearable at times. Doc appt is on Tues so I pray we have made some progress! I will def stay more hydrated and relax as much as possible :)
  • Options
    Lay on your side and see if the pains go away. As for the vagina pain, my LO moves a ton and pushes on the nerve endings down there. The pains in the back could be labor OR could be baby pushing on the nerves in your spine
  • Options
    It sound like it is the baby settling into the birth canal. It can feel like a ripping sensation. Contractions are more timeable. They would make me stop in my place and sometimes drop me to the ground and come on in a wave. You can feel them build up and die down. You then get a break until the next one comes in a pattern.
  • Options
    Omg this helped me so much aswell, glad I went through these comments :bz
  • Options
    Thank you all so much!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"