Baby Names
Options

Chase for a boy's name?

lilweenielilweenie member
edited March 2015 in Baby Names
We're probably not doing a middle name, as my husband doesn't have one.  Thoughts?  Suggestions for similar names?

Re: Chase for a boy's name?

• Options
    Chase is very much nms. It's an action not a name to me.

Grant
    Garrett
    Calvin
    Charles
    Nolan
    Bryce
    Gavin
    Elliott
    Micah
    Owen
    Trent
    Travis
    Tyler
    Warren
    Marshall
    Malcolm
    Parker
    Keegan
    Ian
    Vincent
    Dominic
    Russell

• Options
    Not really my style. I know certain cultures don't use middle names and what not...but it's better to give them at least one in case there is more than one chase soandso. For legality reasons and to avoid confusion, mistaken identity etc
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Chase is not my style, but not a name I haven't seen before. If you're going to use it, then yes, please only on a boy. 

I don't have a middle name either, and it's never been a problem. There are no legality reasons (as pp mentioned) to have a middle name. It is not required to have a middle name. However, I do like middle names and with a contemporary name like Chase... I would pair with a more traditional name (e.g. Chase Michael), but that's just me.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Maybe not so much legality reasons. But to go with what I was saying, my dad was almost not allowed to fly once because someone with his same name was on a no-fly list and it caused quite a bit of confusion. But after an hour or so of trying to figure it out they ran his name through the computer and figured out that the middle names were different and that my dad was not in fact this banned flyer. So I guess maybe that's why I think it's better to have at least one middle name, but like brita722 said, not required.
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I know a little boy named Chace so I don't mind it
  • Options
    I don't care for it. You could do better, but you could also do a lot worse.
  • Options
    My DS is Chase Michael & we love it. It fits him very well as he is energetic & always a riot.
  • Options
    I like it. It's not my favorite but I don't have any negative feelings towards it. I generally like short boy names.
  • Options
    I like it a lot. It's NMS, but when I hear it on others I always like it. Probably because I've had a lot of positive associations with people named Chase.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    It's not bad
  • Options
    I like it. It's on my list!
  • Options
    If you do go with chase, make sure you keep this spelling, don't change it to the 'c'. Not saying you're planning to but I know some people do spell it like chace and it's just not the same.
  • Options
    It's very nms but I also used to work for the bank, so that's all I think of. It feels a little bland to me, especially with no middle name, and I think there are better, similar name out there
  • Options
    It's a nice name. The Chase I know has the full name Charles and has always gone by Chase. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    I like the name, but I always picture a little boy. Not sure how it will age. I don't know any grown men named Chase

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options

I like the name, but I always picture a little boy. Not sure how it will age. I don't know any grown men named Chase

I know a guy named Chase who is 29 or so and it fits him fine. I realize that's still pretty young but not a kid..
  • Options
    It's not bad, it's just not my style. Sometimes people named Charles go by Chase. I have also met a Jason that goes by Jase. I think middle names are useful to prevent mistaken identity.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"