TTC after 35

Frustrated with FF

Hello! This is my first post on this board so nice to meet you all :) 
I just turned 35 and am TTC for the first time this month. I'm currently 6dpo, I *think*.

My question is, my FF chart refuses to place the ovulation day where I'm 90% sure I ovulated! 

I started the OPK (my first ever) on cycle day 9 and got 3 consecutive negative results. Then, on cycle day 12 got my first +; which should mean that ovulation was going to occur either on cycle day 13 or 14. No?
Cycle day 13 was also the day before my temp rose, so what gives?

FF insists that I ovulated on day 12 and I don't know why... I'm so frustrated!

I should add that I usually O on day 13 or 14 and have 26/27 days cycles on average. I have been charting for almost 20 cycles.  

If any of you has insight I would be grateful. Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Frustrated with FF

• Sometimes FF can be so confusing.  Can you link your chart by any chance?

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Hi! I'll try...
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • BulgariHeartBulgariHeart member
    edited March 2015
    Let's see...

edited to remove image
    Anniversary
  • So, I think FF is probably thinking you ovulated on CD 12 because your temp started to rise the next day.  Also, are you doing OPK once daily or more?  When I was doing OPKs, I did 2 or 3 times per day when I started to see them "fade" in (used Wondfos) and I would often catch my first positive in the late afternoon.  A positive OPK means ovulation will happen in the next 12-48 hours (I think - someone correct me if I'm wrong).  So, to me (I'm no expert), it does seem like you ovulated on CD12.  Let some others take a look though.  :)  Good luck!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • I used OPKs twice a day and I think I remember getting my first positive in the afternoon on CD12... 
     I also read that a + means ovulation is likely to occur during the following 12-48 hours. That's why I don't see how I could have ovulated on CD12 when OPKs on CD11 were negative...

If I did O on CD12 I probably missed my chance this first cycle. Boo.
    Anniversary
  • OldNellOldNell member
    edited March 2015
    I have no idea if this is what happened to you, but FF put my O date on the same day as my positive OPK and it appears to be because I had a tiny dip on that day (before my temp rose) just like you did this month. I think FF identifies a dip as indicating ovulation in those circumstances.
    TTC #1 since January 2014
  • OldNell said:

I have no idea if this is what happened to you, but FF put my O date on the same day as my positive OPK and it appears to be because I had a tiny dip on that day (before my temp rose) just like you did this month. I think FF identifies a dip as indicating ovulation in those circumstances.

Oh this makes sense. It must be because of the dip.

Thank you for your replies, ladies!
    Anniversary
  • Yes, the temp dip with the rise the next day indicated O on day 12. I know it can be very frustrating, the very first cycle I charted FF thought I O'd then I got a pos OPK and it completely changed my O day. Keep in mind it's not perfect and sometimes you can have a weird cycle even if you are normally very predictable. And sometimes you can have a short surge, or sometimes a long surge. FF does the best it can to pinpoint O using all the info. You sometimes have to interpret it using all your own info too.

Always try to bd as soon as you get a pos OPK if you can. Then again the next day if you still have a pos.

FX for you that your timing worked out!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"