February 2015 Moms

Sick and Nursing

After not even getting so much as a stuffy nose throughout my entire pregnancy, I am 4.5 weeks pp and have a terrible cold. Guess it's understandable based on my sleep deprivation, stress, and other baby related tolls on my body right now. I talked to the lactation consultant about what I can safely take while breastfeeding, seems nothing good or effective is allowed. Ugh. I took a Zyrtec to dry up my runny nose and have been drinking lots of hot tea and fluids for my throat.
Anyone else hit the sick wall at this point? If you are breastfeeding, do you have any tips for safe remedies?
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Sick and Nursing

• I had the sniffles and a fever when DD was 3 weeks old. I waited it out like and idiot when I could've taken robutussin and Tylenol. I was really sick though so you should look up some milder cold medicines that are safe for BF. I hope you feel better good luck
  • Gypsy cold care tea by traditional medicinals always makes me feel a bit better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Diffusing tea tree oil and peppermint oil in a cool most diffuser has helped me.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"