February 2015 Moms
Options

PPD

so we all have been on emotional roller coasters lately, bring a mom is tough whether it's your first or fourth time. I've suffered from panic disorder abc depression for 16 years. My anxiety was so bad through pregnancy that I threw up everyday. The past two months have been crazy, thought I was making it thru. For the past two weeks though I've become a shell of a person. Sad, hopeless, exhausted. I've been lucky enough to breastfeed my daughter this time and will always cherish it. However, I've reached the point where exercise, deep breathing, eating well are not helping. I need to go back on medication and will no longer be able to breastfeed. My first daughter never latched and so she had pumped milk for two months. At two months this same thing happened. As sad as I am, I know what I need to do. I deserve to feel happy again, and my girls and husband deserve a happy mommy/wife. My first daughter is so healthy and I know DD2 will be as well. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is going through the same, and I could always use support from other mamas

Re: PPD

• Options
    Sending you good thoughts. I'm glad you recognized the problem and are seeking help. I wish you nothing but the best of luck.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Options
    You are being a good mama by taking care of yourself!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm really glad you are taking care of yourself. Both you and your family deserve it. Hugs, momma, you are strong!
  • Options
    I'm trying so hard. I know I'll get better, right now this is really the pits. Wish I could just crawl into bed forever.
  • Options
    I understand completely. I'm a ftm and I've been having alot of anxiety. I cried every day the first week I brought my little one home. Made it a few days without crying then had a good cry today. I can't wait for these hormones to level out a bit. I've been pondering calling my OB. Everyone I've talked to said what I'm experiencing is normal
  • Options
    It is normal, but if it lasts more than 2 weeks call your doc! Never hesitate! I started new meds yesterday, so we had to stop breastfeeding. Although I'm sad it's over, I've cherished every minute of the 2 months and realize if Mommy's not well, no one will be. Our first thrived on formula and this one will too!
  • Options
    We are getting ready to start week 3 so if I'm not feeling better by the end of this week I'm definitely calling
  • Options
    Hope you're feeling better. Ive been feeing a little down too. I am hoping once the weather breaks & we start going out i will feel better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"