Babies on the Brain

Missed A Pill, Should I Be Worried At All?

This may be a stupid discussion but I wanted to get answers from others.

My husband and I will start trying this year but not yet, probably July and after. I started a new pack (FE Junel) on Sunday 3/8 and I missed it yesterday 3/10. I haven't missed a pill in over 2 years so my mind is playing all scenarios. We had sex last night with no condom and I missed the pill, should I be worried? I have read online if I missed 1 pill in the active week I should be fine with no other protection. As soon as I got up I realized I forgot to take it so I took it this morning 3/11 with my Wed pill.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Missed A Pill, Should I Be Worried At All?

• Should be fine, I would miss a day every now and then and just take it when I remembered or with the next days never had any unexpected pregnancy. Think it's 2 or 3 days you got to use extra methods of protection till your period starts then start the new pack after that period.
  • satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited March 2015

That's what I have read, more so checking what online says. Thanks for the reassurance, just didn't want to get nervous over nothing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister and I were both the result of missing one pill. Just for an anecdote.
  • satuttle1014satuttle1014 member
    edited March 2015

My sister and I were both the result of missing one pill. Just for an anecdote.

Oh no @MrsLollipopB don't tell me that! lol Right now I'm using 2 apps for fertility just to track for my own. One app is telling me I will be ovulating 3/15 and didn't start moving into my fertil stage until today 3/11. The other app is telling me I am very fertile 3/13-3/15 and I'm in the stage of too close to my fertile days.

I'm really just wondering if I should take a pregnancy test and when if I should or if I should just not worry about it? By the off chance I was, I just don't want to keep taking the pill and risk a birth defect or something.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My nephew was the result of a single missed pill, but my sister kept taking her pills until she found out she was pregnant.
    My nephew is now 6 and has always done well.

I would accidentally miss pills here and there. I've only been pregnant once in my lifetime, and that was 6 months after getting off of BC.
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• You could send a message to your OB and have him or her give you a straight answer. At least that is what I would do if I were concerned.

Good luck!!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• tiff16tiff16 member
    So, what happened?
  • tiff16 said:
    So, what happened?
    Look at OPs signature.  She is 7 weeks pregnant.  So it doesn't look like she got pregnant from the missed pill in March. 
  • I forgot about this post. Yes back in March I was okay and a negative. But now I am pregnant, I stopped the pill probably 2 months after my missed pill in March. So all good :) I was worried I got pregnant on the pill and when we were not trying. Thanks. 
    Pregnancy Ticker