Baby Names
Options

Roman? opinions please!

Ok, due in 4 days... Roman has always been a favorite of mine but DH always vetoed it so I never thought it was a real contender.... Now, at the very end he tells me he was going to surprise me and he wants to name him Roman. Ahhhh, I just don't know... I always liked it but never considered it an actual option and now that it is, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Thoughts?! Am I just being a crazy lady by second guessing it? Opinions appreciated! :):)

Re: Roman? opinions please!

• Options
    I'm not a fan, it reminds me of one of Nicki Minaj's alter egos. But hello, if it means that much to you, then what are you waiting for? Go for it!
  • Options
    I really like it, but there is a ridiculously handsome man at my work named Roman who is also very sweet, so maybe I'm swayed.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sassenach1743Sassenach1743 member
    edited March 2015
    Roman is a good name. It's not my style but I like it in general. Makes me think of Dan Aykroyd in "The Great Outdoors."
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Not a fan at all. My family is from Rome, which makes us all Roman. I can not get my head around that as a first name.
  • Options
    Not my style but it's a legitimate name at least.
  • Options
    Love Roman

• Options
    I love the name Roman. My husband and I (getting a bit ahead of ourselves), have already decided to most likely use this name later down the road if we have another boy.
  • Options
    I love it. Go for it!
  • Options
    Like it. It's a GP name for me, though. I don't know that I can picture it on a little boy. I've never met one though, so if I did it may change my mind.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love the name, different but not bizarre. I guess my biggest challenge is knowing if my DH is "giving" me a name I like or if he truly likes it too. This whole time he has vetoed the name. He claims that was his "plan" the whole time, to surprise me with the name....
  • Options
    I love Roman!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Roman is great!
  • Options
    Love it! One of our top choices too
  • Options
    I have always loved the name Roman, ever done first hearing it on Roman Brady on Days of our Lives (as a kid). This weekend, I named my new Jeep Patriot Roman. (Because I was trying to name him after a great Canadian Patriot. I thought of Romeo Dellaire, but don't like the name Romeo).
  • Options
    I love Roman!
  • Options
    That seems like a mean trick to play!

I really don't get Roman as a name, though. Like - would you name your child American? Or Vietnamese? Or Siberian? Idk. It just doesn't sit right for me. Rowan is very similar, how do you feel about that?

Really all it comes down to is whether or not you & your partner love the name, anyway. Don't go with something your heart isn't in.
  • Options
    This is one of my husbands favorite names. It's personally not my style, but a good strong name. The thing that keeps me from liking it is that I imagine a gladiator. But if you love it, use it! My husband surprised me by agreeing to my favorite boy name, Carter, now that we are on baby #4 and it took a little while to believe him, but we are set. I am assuming you have had the baby now, what did you choose???
  • Options

I love the name, different but not bizarre. I guess my biggest challenge is knowing if my DH is "giving" me a name I like or if he truly likes it too. This whole time he has vetoed the name. He claims that was his "plan" the whole time, to surprise me with the name....

If his giving it to you take it! Roman, imo is a very handsome name!! one of my contenders as well though my DH is being a real pain in the ass about deciding on one name or another.. but make sure you tell him if he's giving the name to you it should not come with strings attached such as the next kiddo he chooses the name ..( I keep telling mine a name is something to choose together no matter if its the first or fifth child (speaking out of frustration here :/ ))  GL!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

imageimage

• Options
    I like it!
  • Options
    I am not a fan. I understand that it is a legit name but it feels so pretentious and trying to hard.
  • Options
    I really like Roman Matthias :)
  • Options
    I don't love it. I agree that it seems like you're trying to hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"