2nd Trimester
Options

Fighting the temptation to find out gender!

Hi everyone.  I'm new to this board.  I'm 17 weeks with my 3rd.  To make thing interesting, my husband and I agreed to not find out the gender until delivery.  We have a girl and a boy already, and we'll be happy with another of either.  But, the suspense is KILLING me!  I'm really tempted to find out at one of my next ultrasound appointments, and just keep it my own little secret... UGH... Is it so bad to want to know???  I don't want to ruin the fun for my husband, but I SUCK at surprises and I NEED TO KNOW!!  Please, I know this is really trivial, and I don't meant to make heavy a light situation, but I needed to get this off my chest and hear some voices of reason.  Thank you!

Re: Fighting the temptation to find out gender!

• Options
    NsmrNsmr member
    I said the same thing but I know I will not be able to wait. This is my fourth I have one girl and two boys. The suspense Is killing me lol
  • Options
    I am team green, my dh wanted to find out. So it's opposite of your situation. I just keep telling him that ultrasound techs can be wrong. Also he knew how much it meant to me to have it be a surprise for me. I told him the next baby we could find out. Maybe the last two pregnancies he didn't want to know and found out because you wanted to.
    I am further along than you so the wait time is a lot less (3 months to go) but what is 9 months of not knowing really going to do to you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try seeing if he doesn't mind you finding out and not telling him? Otherwise it'd be too hard to keep secret if he doesn't know you know, plus I will feel bad. Either way if you do find out the gender before him won't it be hard to not slip up and refer to the baby as him or her?
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and we are Team Green. When I told DH I didn't want to find out, he really did, but came around to it before our a/s. Now I am 25 weeks and the a/s has passed so the opportunity to know the sex has passed. I CAN tell you of course we are both very curious to know what's cooking in there, but we are having a great time guessing. Snacking sweet? Its a girl! In a good mood, its a boy! We consistently play all the old wives tales in the little parts of our daily life. Also, its really fun because not knowing drives the people around you absolutely nuts, and that helps us to kinda release some of our curiosity watching others bug out over us being so chill about it. Also, its somewhat of a habit here for people to do a pool ($1 gets you in) for the weight and length of baby, with proceeds going to you, and I was able to add in the extra pool of boy or girl. So, yes, we are really curious to know. But there are ways to contain yourself and make it fun.
    Also, if you decide you must know, I would ask DH first if 1) being team green is important to him or not and 2) if you find out does he want to know. I think it would be kind of a diss if you found out and didn't tell him.
    Happy, healthy pregnancy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is my situation too! I have a girl and a boy and right now we are team green, as this will most likely be our last baby. I hope we can resist temptation! But it is going to be so hard!  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"