Baby Showers

Should I have another baby shower?

My church is throwing a double baby shower for myself and another lady who is a friend of mine and a few weeks ahead of me in her pregnancy. We are not really close friends and have different friends outside of church. My question is should I have another baby shower outside of church for my non church friends or should I just invite my non church friends to the double baby shower. Will it be awkward for my friends to come to a double baby shower since they do not know the other lady?

Best Answer

Re: Should I have another baby shower?

• Has someone else offered to throw you a baby shower outside of your church family? If they have, and the guest list is different then I don't see a problem with it, not sure if there's a better etiquette based response however so please keep in mind that's a personal opinion.
    The only thing that worries me is your choice of wording seems to imply you'd plan your own and that is a big no.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a friend who threw me a baby shower for my first child and my family had one for me also (1 week apart). I didn't see anything wrong with it because the crowd was different. I say go for it.
  • tigerlily25tigerlily25 member
    edited March 2015

Before you decide to invite your friends to the joint shower, be sure to check with the hostess, as I am assuming tey will be the ones providing the refreshments? It's up to them whether or not they feel comfortable accomodating the extra people. Also, I think it might be awkward for the other guest of honor unless she is inviting friends of her own.

*Edited for spelling*

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• akanini said:

I had a friend who threw me a baby shower for my first child and my family had one for me also (1 week apart). I didn't see anything wrong with it because the crowd was different. I say go for it.

^ My mom is planning my big family and friends Shower, but I have a huge friend group who are all vegan and major conservationist types, and they are throwing a separate Shower for me too...as long as the guest list is not overlapped, I see no issue! :) 

I think having so many people celebrating the birth of a new baby is so special! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"