Multiples
Options

Thoughts on registry for second pregnancy

Hi! I am 19 weeks pregnant with twins- due at the end of July. Three years ago with my first child my co-workers through me a beautiful shower & were very generous with gifts. The same people want to throw me a "sprinkle" since we are having twins and will need additional things. They are making it a little more low-key (being held at a local bar/restaurant) and want to invite males and females and make it a "happy hour" type of atmosphere. Some of the people throwing the sprinkle asked me to do another registry so that people would know exactly what we need. I am going to be honest- I feel kind of weird doing this. I don't want seem greedy or that it's expected people buy us gifts AGAIN. Thoughts? I am looking too much into this? Is there a more PC way to do this?? Thank you!!

Re: Thoughts on registry for second pregnancy

• Options
    PC be damned. If people want to throw you a party and would like you to pick out the things you need most (good idea since you liekly have at least 1 of somethings, right?) then do it. 
    no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think I agree. If people are offended by it being a "second shower", then they shouldn't go. But it sounds really laid back and your coworkers sound like they are genuinely happy for you so go for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies.. I say go for it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Umm this sounds no way like any sprinkle that I have been invited to, it sounds like a shower- complete with the registry.

It is tacky and gift grabby. I can hear the  " but I need these things" and " I am having twins".  Well I had twins and shocker- my husband and I bought all the big ticket items and most of the other things ourselves- because you know we are the parents and decided to have a child.

If money is tight then shop second hand- join a twin club- the members of my club are always selling items and then there is the semi annual resales.  Secondly, you don't need two of EVERYTHING.
  • Options
    I don't agree with second showers but since they are throwing you one you  might as well have a small registry with items that are necessities so you don't look gift grabby but also get gifts that will be useful. ( Diapers, bottles etc...) 
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    No clue if we'll have a sprinkle/shower this go round but we do have a registry. Though it's mostly for us to keep track & get the 5%/10% back from BRU... though I'm not sure if we'll tell people about it. Most things we need a 2nd of we'll be getting 2nd hand (as well as the triple stroller that we prefer). I don't see it as "gift grabby" but I also don't tend to get offended by most of that stuff...unless you're posting the registry to Facebook every day....
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker