March 2015 Moms
Options

Confidential

I have a few things in my medical history I would like to keep private when I go into labor. I know it's important to tell the doctor but I don't want anyone in the room to know my history. Do they usually ask you? Do they ask people in the room to leave? Or do you have to tell the doctors? I don't want it to be a big deal buts I just feel like it's my business and I can choose who I want to know. As long as the doctors know that's all I care about.

Re: Confidential

• Options
    Ashlee692Ashlee692 member
    edited February 2015
    Well when I went into false labor Monday with my husband the nurse straight up asked if there was anything wrong with my pregnancy, any medical history she needed to know about ect. If you want it to be kept private just tell them ahead of time so that they can ask whoever is with you to step out for a second. They do need to know though just so they know what to do in case of an emergency.
  • Options
    You should be able to preregistrater at your hospital. You could do that alone and provide your medical history at that time. Ask them to denote on your account that you wish to keep your medical history private.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you you guys, that's what I plan on doing !
  • Options
    Yes, absolutely preregister. I did the same thing, and even though I have nothing I want kept super private, it sure beats the hell out of trying to get all my info down while in labor in the lobby.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"