September 2015 Moms
Options

What will your little ones call their grandparents?

2»

Re: What will your little ones call their grandparents?

• Options
    my parents are ya ya and papa and my IL are grammie and grandpa. the great grandparents are both Memaw and Pepaw
  • Options
    All of my grandparents growing up were originally Grandma and Grandpa, then the kids (me, my brother, and cousins) started calling them our own names that just kind of stuck. My dad's parents were Granny and Pappy and my mom's were Gramsey and Pampster. For our baby, we decided that we would start with Grandma and Grandpa and then let the baby decide what he/she wants to call them as he/she is learning to speak. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mother will be called Lola, means grandma in Tagalog (filipino language) and my in laws are Vietnamese so ong noi (pronounced on-oy) is for grandpa and min noy for grandma. At least, that's what I'm hoping for lol, FTM so we'll see what happens.
  • Options
    We have so many grand parents that we had to differentiate between them and still ended up with 2 duplicates. My grandparents are grandma and pop-pop and my parents are grandpa and cookie. My husband's grandparents are yia-yia red and papou and his parents are pop-pop and yia-yia blue and his step mom is kukoo. My daughter added the colors to differentiate by the color of the house they live in and she got confused with kukoo and my mom and gave her them name cookie. It stuck with my brothers kids for my mom as well.
  • Options
    Well my MIL had a talk w the hubby and said she was hurt bc she couldn't be called what she wanted (nana) her name is pam and i thought ot was cute to call her grammy pammy (she tought it sounded like granny panties) but ultimately I think it whatever the child decides to call them. She says shes to young to be called grandma, granny, or anything that sounds like grandma. She's going to be 51 in a few weeks. Its a big can of worms for us right now
  • Options

I'm from KY too. I think Amma is cute and I haven't heard that before. :-)

Thanks! It started because she was originally Grandma but in toddler language that usually means Gramma and my son shortened it even more to just Amma haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Well my MIL had a talk w the hubby and said she was hurt bc she couldn't be called what she wanted (nana) her name is pam and i thought ot was cute to call her grammy pammy (she tought it sounded like granny panties) but ultimately I think it whatever the child decides to call them. She says shes to young to be called grandma, granny, or anything that sounds like grandma. She's going to be 51 in a few weeks. Its a big can of worms for us right now

My MIL is Pam and we all (including all 16 grandkids ages 9 and under) call her Grammy Pammy haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My mother in law will be Nona (italian) and my mom will be Memere (it's French)
  • Options
    I have an odd situation. My aunt pretty well raised me and is my mom for all intents and purposes, so she is grandma for sure as my mom passed away about 5 years ago too. My dad has since remarried, but I'm not a fan of my step monster. So, I think my children with will call my dad and step mom papa and nana, my aunt will be called grandma, and my in-laws will most likely be grandma and grandpa as well. I'm still mulling things over too.
  • Options
    Ours was decided 21 years ago by my first niece- Mema and Papa!
  • Options
    My mom is "Granny" and my 3 year calls her Gran on occasions just funny because my mother isn't old at all lol. Her Dads parents are pop pop and Grandma.
  • Options
    When my oldest was a little over a year she started calling my mom nunu and my mom ran with it. Other names are more standard except for one Great Grandpa dubbed "the Bear"
  • Options
    .... Gammy And Peepaw.....don't ask. We do not live in the woods. we are not country folks......I don't know why....but it's the only request they made. And my fiancé mom will be called Vovó, she's protuguese: )
  • Options
    Both sets are Grandmom and pop pop. Pretty boring!
  • Options
    DH's paternal grandparents were Mapa and Papa but the other set and both of mine were Grandma and Grandpa. That's probably what his parents will be. My mom says she might want to be Nana and Dad might just be Grandpa. Dunno.
  • Options
    My parents are grandma and papa, the IL are grammie and grandpa.
  • Options
    My parents moved here from Germany to have me so we call them Oma & Opa (grandma and grandpa in german). And my husband's parents didn't wavy to be called grandma and grandpa they wanted their grandkids to call them by their first names. .. they're kind of uptight and old school but we call them grandma and grandpa anyways I think they feel too young to be called that but they're in their 60's! (They waited a while to have kids)
  • Options
    My son calls my mum 'nana neece' her name is Denise lol. He couldn't pronounce 'Denise' when he was little, now he can, but it's still 'name neece'
    My dad passed away 14 years ago, so never get the chance to meet him :-(

My in laws he calls 'nana Pat & grandad Bill' nice and simple.
  • Options
    kjs08kjs08 member
    When I was little, my grandparents were grammie and grampie on my dad's side and grammie and pop pop for my mom's side. My sister's kids call my parents grammie and grampie, and my SIL's daughter calls my in-laws baba and grampa. Took me a while to figure out that baba was my MIL and not a bottle lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My dad just told me he wants LO to call him Magic Grandpa Yogi Kev.

I actually don't think he's kidding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"