March 2015 Moms
Options

FTM PLEASE HELP

Im 36 weeks and four days. My cervix opended early at 28 weeks. Monday at my 36 wkk appointment i was two cm. I was havin BH for three days and wednesday they were five mins apart so i went back in and was between two and three cms. M doc told me onc i hit 37 weeks i can start walkin to try and speeed it up. Im 75% effaced. Any tips on helpin my cervix dilate would be great. My dad goes on his vacation in a week and a half and i want him to be here for it.

Re: FTM PLEASE HELP

• Options
    Lol I love how no one is answering this one!! Not the right board to ask this question to OP
  • Options
    sounds like your body is doing things without your helping it along...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    37 weeks is still before your due date. Wouldn't worry about trying to push it along untl you're after your due date. Due dates can be off by as much as a week or so purely because of the method used. It's a general time line doctors use that doesn't take into consideration the individual woman's cycle. 37 weeks is just past pre term. And if you're due date is potentially off you could be pushing for a possibly 36 week preemie baby to be born .

That all being said. Dilation and all that doesn't mean much. With my first I was 80% and 3cm for a LONG time. Like a month. Before my daughter was born on her own time. 40w3d . Which is perfectly normal and hardly late.

So! My advice is to sit back and relax. Keep active but don't worry too much about it. Baby will arrive when it's ready and your body is ready.

When you get to your due date there are many previous threads with ideas on how to help speed things up. :) good luck!
  • Options
    You can walk around dilated 2-3 cm for 3 or 4 more weeks. I agree with whoever said dilation means nothing. You could go into labor tonight or weeks from now.

I was 2 cm with my son at 35 weeks and still the exact same when I went in for induction at 37 weeks 2 weeks later.

I'm kinda surprised by a doctor who would try to give you advice on how to speed things along at just 37 weeks. Most won't start giving advice like that until you're close to your due date or overdue.
  • Options
    Eat a banana.
  • Options
    For the sake of your baby, I hope you get a new doctor, and I hope you fail miserably at "speeding things up". Your preferences for a schedule are BS when weighed against his/her health.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm past full term. And I still want my LO to stay in as long as humanly possible for her sake. If your dad cannot make it, it sucks but it's life... Please don't speed things up especially if LO isn't ready. I'm 37 wks and 5 days and my dr said "sit tight. She will come when she is good and ready. And if it's past due date we will speed things up." Enjoy your discomfort and know through your pain LO is getting bigger and stronger.
  • Options
    Are you aware that full term is now 39 weeks? The March of dimes advocated for the change because of the amount of brain development still occurring before 39 weeks. Will babies be born before 39 weeks? Absolutely. Should you try to self induce prior to that? No.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"