June 2015 Moms
Options

Sick while Prego.. What can be done?

it started as a cold at the beginning of the week. I was going to just tough it out because all the advice I've been given is that there isn't anything you can really do for it while pregnany. But now it has become more of a sinus infection and probably upper respiratory infection. I'm miserable and will be going to the doctor today. I was just curious if any of you ladies have any advice.. I'd hate to waste a bunch of money on the doctor if there isn't really anything they can do for me..?

Re: Sick while Prego.. What can be done?

• Options
    They can give you antibiotics. Worth it
  • Options
    You certainly don't want a cold deepening into pneumonia or bronchitis while pregnant. Definitely go see the dr!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes go see the doctor! I ended up with pneumonia this past week finishing antibiotics today and got an inhaler too. It's has been miserable!

Married 2008, fur baby #1 2009, fur baby #2 2012, first baby due June 23, 2015
  • Options
    Try to get an antibiotics z-pack. Non-pregnant I try to avoid antibiotics, but had a cold progress into a sinus infection and was miserable this pregnancy. The z-pack was a short course of antibiotics and I was better faster than anyone in my family. Take some probiotics with it if you can. And try to get some rest, I went to work really sick this week not wanting to make excuses and felt like an idiot going home 3 hours after I arrived, everyone was really understanding and I should have just stayed home in bed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    See the doctor... the invoices for my medical recommendations have been getting lost in the interwebs and I haven't been receiving my payments from prior members!

Ie: that's why you pay your OB for prenatal care.
  • Options
    Hot showers, hot tea, gargle with salt water and see your Doc. Ive had several colds snd stomach bugs thanks to my DD #1. Not much I cout take, just wait it out and rest. And Wash Hands!!
  • Options
    Penwater1 said:

Hot showers, hot tea, gargle with salt water and see your Doc. Ive had several colds snd stomach bugs thanks to my DD #1. Not much I cout take, just wait it out and rest. And Wash Hands!!

She thinks it is a sinus infection upper respiratory infection... Way different from a cold.
  • Options
    devyns2nddevyns2nd member
    edited February 2015

Penwater1 said:

She thinks it is a sinus infection upper respiratory infection... Way different from a cold.
    Right, if it's an infection she needs medication. During pregnancy it's important to get treatment for infection because some can cause complications if left alone.
  • Options
    magono20magono20 member
    edited February 2015
    I just had a sinus infection and I got a vaporizer and it really helped me out. I also drank a lot of ginger tea. My midwife said sudafed was ok. I took 1 a day. Feel better!!
  • Options
    Feel better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"