Baby Names

Struggling with boy names

My husband and I are struggling with boy names for our little babe. We aren't finding out the gender until birth, so we're compiling a list of possibilities for both and so far, girls are so much easier! So far the only boy name I can get my husband to contribute is Fenton. Any ideas for middle names and/or other first names that are similar?? We both prefer classic to trendy, if that helps at all. Thanks!!

Re: Struggling with boy names

• I've never heard Fenton as a first name before, I do know someone with that last name though

What are your girl names, maybe that would give us ideas style wise
  • Girls are down to Caroline, Eleanor, and Piper.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm confused you mention classic but then Fenton which is a surname/place which very much makes it trendy.

Classic names with maybe a little modern flare

Calvin
    Edmund
    Sebastian
    Simon
    Dominic
    Benedict
    Donovan
    Theodore nn theo
    Warren
    Marshall
    Russell
    Phillip

• I'd file Fenton under no. If you have an attachment to it and must use it stick it in the middle name spot.

Oliver
    Oscar
    Theodore
    Marcus
    Eugene
    John
    Thomas
    Louis
    George
  • I agree, unless there's an attachment to Fenton, I wouldn't use it or put it in the middle name spot. It's not even remotely close to your girls names, which are all great btw.

Carson
    Leo
    Pierce
    Holden
    Malcolm
    Ezra
    Milo
    Julian
    Adrian
    Rowan
    Luca
    Elliott
    Niall
    Tristan
  • I LOVE the name Caroline!
    As far as boy names, I'm usually okay with surnames but Fenton raises eyebrows for me. Maybe because I live about an hour from Fenton, MO.
    How about...
    Evan
    Jack
    Preston
    Maxwell (Max)
    Andrew (Drew)
    Sawyer
  • homedivahomediva member
    edited February 2015
    What about Finian or Finnigan or Finley or Felix?
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I mean, I love collecting Fenton glass too but I wouldn't name my progeny after it.

Caroline and Eleanor are great. I'd ditch Piper.

Boy name suggestions.

Kenneth
    Walter
    Wilbur
    Lawrence
    Albert
    Gerald
    Clarence
    Francis
    Marvin

• Piper is not classic, it's uber trendy. Personally I don't see (or hear) the appeal either. Your other choices; Caroline and Eleanor are absolutely classic and much more appealing because they are strong and feminine.

Suggestions for boys

Fredrick
    Everett
    Christopher
    Grant or Graham
    Patrick
    James
    Alexander
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Oh I love the Ezra suggestion. Love that name.

I'm also partial to Hudson as a classical / place name.

Fenton would work well in the middle name spot.
  • Caroline and Eleanor are some of my favorite girls names. Classic and beautiful.

I know a little boy named Fenton that they call Fen. I'm not really a fan. I agree that if you have an attachment to it use it as a surname. Or if you like the nickname use Finn/Finnigan.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Finnick. Finn. Finnegan. Phineas.
    Easton. Emerson. Timothy. Trenton.
  • We just had a boy. Our list included:

Kellen (what we went with)
    Lucas (what became his middle name)
    Keegan
    Landon
    Graham
    Blake

Nothing too strange, kinda modern without being too popular. Good luck and best wishes!
  • I live about 10 minutes away from Fenton, Missouri. I do know a Benton - I like that better. He could go by Ben if he wanted to.

My daughter is Caroline - I like all of your girl names. I would add August and Theodore to the list.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"