October 2014 Moms

In the cot are toys and bumpers allowed . Should you place your baby at the bottom of the cot?

Re: In the cot are toys and bumpers allowed . Should you place your baby at the bottom of the cot?

• Bumpers are not considered safe - that said, I have mesh bumpers on my crib to keep arms and legs from getting stuck. No toys at this age but I imagine he'll have a stuffed animal or something that he sleeps with when he's older. And... I just put him in the middle but I've never heard of putting them at the bottom.
  • Huh?
    No bumpers. Suffocation risk or climbing risk.
    No toys.
    No blankets.

Put baby in the middle of the crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use bumpers because they're cute!
  • I swaddle my baby, put a blanket over him, and he has a line of stuffed animals by his head for comfort.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • apizzlek said:
    I swaddle my baby, put a blanket over him, and he has a line of stuffed animals by his head for comfort.

What, no pillow?
  • ANBsmom said:
    apizzlek said:
    I swaddle my baby, put a blanket over him, and he has a line of stuffed animals by his head for comfort.

What, no pillow?
    He doesnt like the one I got. Do you have a kind I should try? I put a feather mattress pad on the bed but I dont think it is soft enuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • apizzlek said:
    ANBsmom said:
    apizzlek said:

What, no pillow?
    He doesnt like the one I got. Do you have a kind I should try? I put a feather mattress pad on the bed but I dont think it is soft enuff.

Any feather pillow will do. The bigger, the better.
  • apizzlek said:
    ANBsmom said:
    apizzlek said:

What, no pillow?

Any feather pillow will do. The bigger, the better.
    So true!  I like to put one on each side of his head too.  It makes him feel comfy.
  • Am I the only one confused about why she's just now asking these questions, 4 months after her baby was born?
  • Are yall being serious about the pillows and toys in bed with your 4 month old ??
    Safe sleeping guidelines say nothing should be in the crib with your infant. Not even a blanket over them. Due to risk from dieing from sids or suffocation . I'm a labor and delivery nurse . Please take safe sleeping guidelines serious . I've seen far too many code pinks (infants coming into the ER dead ) from SIDS and 95% of the time parents are ignoring safe sleeping guidelines. Please SIDS is real and it happens far to often .
  • No lie I'm a horrible speller, but at least I can admit that! One doesn't have to be a great speller to be a great nurse. I hope nobody took you serious, you'd be surprise the stuff I see as a nurse and some people could very likely take you serious. Just saying !
  • cg041816 said:

No lie I'm a horrible speller, but at least I can admit that! One doesn't have to be a great speller to be a great nurse. I hope nobody took you serious, you'd be surprise the stuff I see as a nurse and some people could very likely take you serious. Just saying !

So you write in people's medical records as nurse? I think you should brush up on spelling
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"