Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone here have a stay at home mom?

I had a very traditional family growing up and my mom was a stay at home mom.  I know all moms feel guilt going back to work, but I want my baby's childhood to be just like mine was - with a stay at home mom.  I'm so scared to leave him in the care of the others as an infant.  How did you cope with this?

Re: Anyone here have a stay at home mom?

• I've been a stay at home mom for 14 months. My husband is pushing me to find a new teaching position for the next school year, and it's causing me so much anxiety. It helps (a little) that my relatives and friends have infants, toddlers, and preschoolers who really enjoy their daycare experiences and have a good attachment to their caregivers.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I've been one for 14 yrs. I didn't have a "career" before our first baby so it was actually better for me to stay at home. Childcare would have cost more. I have a friend that says childcare costs them more than their house note.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been a stay at home mom now for 2 years and It's the best decision my family and I have ever made. I did have a wonderful job before getting pregnant, but my husband and I figured out that if I continued to work- paying for gas and childcare would wipe out my paycheck all together.
    I love staying at home with the kids and knowing that I made the best decision for my family. Yes, it is tough to think that I'm not contributing $$ wise to this family, but seeing my LOs grow is the best thing $$ can't buy :)
  • bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
    edited February 2015
    It's hard but financially I am the so called bread winner so staying at home isn't an option. The important thing is having a caregiver you are comfortable with. Both my kids love daycare and the socialization and exposure to other kids are both huge positives. The benefits to me having a work life are also positive. Sure I would rather be the one with them all the time but i also want to give then things and I have to work to do that. With my first I would say it took a solid six months to feel good at drop off and during the day. But each day gets easier. Daycare made the transition to preschool and PreK easier for both myself and my kids. I still arrange my schedule and use PTO for things so I am still an active part of their school and daycare events. It's about balance and finding what works. Try to look at the positives vs the negatives and give yourself time.

• I've been a SAHM for 3 years & counting. DD is in preschool 3 days a week. She loves it!

DS stays home with me & I love my job. We planned on me staying home while we were dating & after we got married. It was always in the plan so we saved furiously while I was working. I have an evening work-from-home job that brings in "fun" money.

My mom had to work because her marriage fell apart. Her original plan was to SAHM. My dad had a mental health crisis & left. Our grandmother SAHP though. It made it so much easier on my mom to have the help.

As far as leaving your LO with others: that does get easier if you are required to do it. You come to appreciate the care-giver & you know they care about your LO.

I use a nanny-share. Look into care.com & you can interview.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My m-i-l will be watching our baby, so we won't be spending on day care and our baby will be in good hands.  I just feel guilty because my mom was stay-at-home and I want to be there for my child no matter what.  I know all moms want this, but having a stay-at-home mom myself makes me want to continue this to make sure my baby knows I'm always there for him and I'll always be there to pick up the phone if he's at school (won't be stuck in a meeting or business trip)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"