May 2015 Moms
Options

Bedrest, due to incompetent cervix?

Anyone been on bedrest for an incompetent cervix? I'm pregnant with my first baby and I was placed on bedrest Thursday. Any advice, outcomes would be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    I have the suppositories too. Did Dr. Say anything about progesterone injections? Thanks I'm definately making the most of my Netflix membership!!
  • Options
    I saw Dr Tuesday and I was 23w3d but they said no to cerclage cause I was "too far & never had a problem"- this is my first baby! I'll prob get admitted to Hosp on Monday for Observation. No contractions, spotting, or dilation as of now so that is good! Did they give you a reason as to why you were shortening? " it just happens with some woman!"
  • Options
    I have been on weekly progesterone injections since 16 weeks. My doctors kept a close eye on my cervix length bc with twins I was at .6cm at 21 weeks!! And they would not put in a cerclage with twins.  This time around they hoped that I would not have the same issue, but I did. My doctor said that I just naturally have a shorter cervix.
  • Options
    I was told to be on bed rest, due to a short cervix from surgeries from my cervical cancer years ago. I am now 27 weeks.Today was my last day of work, definitely not looking forward to this. I shall try not to go insane haha. It's comforting to hear other ladies are going through the same (though I wish we weren't in bed rest). But it was a scary thing to here that I've been overworking and straining my body! ://
  • Options
    I was also diagnosed with a short cervix in my scan today and I am 27 weeks now. Since its too late for a circle, I have been given progesterone suppositories and advised complete bed rest. Cervical length is 2.3cm now (27 weeks) and it reduced from 3.6 cm at 19 weeks. During this duration I have been extra careful and on partial bed rest due to a low lying placenta and so I wonder what I have been doing wrong.
  • Options
    Add me to the Bed Rest Club! I'm in the hospital now. 26 weeks, short cervix, progesterone but no labor symptoms. Will be released home for bed rest indefinitely.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"