May 2015 Moms

Daycare Interviews

STMs - What questions should I be asking when interviewing potential daycare providers? What are common issues people run into when they choose a daycare that doesn't work out?

We have interviews next week with in home and facilities, any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Daycare Interviews

• I'm a FTM but worked in a few daycares.

I suggest asking about a communication sheet- when did baby eat? What did he/she eat? What times was he/she changed? Any BMs? How long did they have tummy time? Nap and for how long? Just a few things I can think of on the top of my head.

Other questions: What is the staff to infant ratio? What kind of schedule is there? Licensed? Background checks for staff? Fire exits? Do they supply food or do you bring your own? Cameras in facility? Snow days and holidays?

If I think of more I'll let you know. :) Hope this helps a little!
  • I would look around - count the number of kids and teachers and make sure they are in ratio. Ask about turnover and how they keep teachers. Get a good feel that the director runs a tight ship. Do the kids seem happy / do the teachers seem engaged?
  • Loading the player...
  • vaccination policy!!!

is lunch a hot meal? All staff trained in infant and child CPR/first aid? DO they do any learning activities, like circle time and focused play. learning numbers/letters (for toddlers, of course). How much time do the kids spend outside?

Pregnancy Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

BABY NINJA!
  • Great ideas! Thank u!!
  • Some things are hard to figure out through questions. Our daycare lady doesn't do daily info sheets or anything like that but her and her husband always have multiple kids snuggled up close to them any time I'm there.
    Kids never seem to leave there so kid turnover rate may be a good question. She says she never had to advertise since she gets enough business through word of mouth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"