July 2015 Moms

Re: why you shouldn't visit a new mom in the hospital

• Options
    Love this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved that I had friends visit me at home and they brought me food. It was the best!!!
    Please excuse typos....auto correct hates me. =)

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDS Born 7.15.15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was an awesome read!
  • Options
    So true! A family we are close with brought us two dishes of homemade frozen enchilada a few days after getting home and that was SO Nice. Come to think of it most visitors came with food. That's literally the best thing you can do for a new mama.
  • Options
    kacdanzkacdanz member
    edited January 2015
    I've never had a baby but I already know I don't want visitors. My husbands friends always expect us to come to the hospital when they've had their kids and I just never want to do it! I already know they'll be at the hospital but I really wish they would wait.
  • Options
    Yeah I hate visiting pple in hospital, the moms are exhausted and need sleep better to give then a few recovery weeks
  • Options
    This is so true. At our hospital visitors have to buzz in at the door, then the nurse asks us if they are allowed in. I tell everyone not to come visit me in the hospital (except my kids, brothers, mom, MIL, and best friend). If they come to visit I shamelessly deny their visit.
  • Options
    I guess I am the opposite! I love people visiting either at the hospital or at home but obviously using common sense...like if there are 2-3 people already in the room...just wait until they leave (or if you are the one already there just leave as a courtesy so others can stay a bit); no kids touching baby unless is family...things like that :). Let's see if I don't change my mind after I have this baby
  • Options
    Ugh! I was in so much pain I didn't want to see anyone! I told the nurse please don't let anyone in. They were really good about it because I knew my husbands friends would want to come visit. (My friends know better) anyhow one of his friends snuck in. I was so annoyed! At least he brought us food. My husband did have to ask him to leave. Some people don't get the hint. I'm telling my DH not to tell anyone we are in the hospital except our parents and siblings.
  • Options
    I am a first time mom but I was telling my mom the other day I only want immediate family to come to the hospital! She thought I was crazy. She said she was the total opposite, she didn't mind people coming in the hospital because they didn't feel like sticking around for hours and making themselves at home. She said people that came to her house and stayed for hours drove her nuts cause all she wanted was to be home alone with her new baby and husband.She said my grandma at the time could tell so she kicked everyone out! Hopefully she will do that for me!!
  • Options
    I liked having visitors after my babies came. Hated people coming and staring at me in pain while in labor but afterward was nice. I actually was sad when I had my first dd that we had a bad snow storm and didn't get but a couple of visitors. I'm really close with all my family though.

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• Options
    I want someone to come and bring me food that's all. You can be the darn mailman but if you bring me food so I don't have to eat the disgusting hospital food I'm good. I'm excited that there is a subway one floor down from labor and delivery.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I guess it's personal preference. I'm a very direct person and told my fam and friends that I wasnt opening the door unless they came bearing food and chances r I wouldn't have clothes on. The hospital was prolly the safest place to come see me cuz I had clothes on in there lol.

Bout time I got home and the boobs were leaking and I kept getting spit up and urine on me I gave up on clothes. I had a sign enter at your own risk. My DH tried to send me to my room saying I was offending folks (go get some clothes!). My reply was very simple, then get out my house! It weeded out a lot of ppl lol but me and the baby were very happy. I refuse to leave a room cuz im BF I am gonna sit there and talk like everyone else. I embarrassed my DH but he got over it.

For all you ladies that are a little insecure about BF in front of folks. Think of it this way, the boob your showing is a loan boob. I went up 4 cup sizes and my breast transformed to feed my baby. Once I stopped it went back to "normal" and would be totally unrecognizable in a boob line up lol.
  • Options
    We are not planing on telling anyone when I went in labor or when i have the baby. We really don't want any visitors at the hospital (except for parents and siblings). We will start telling everyone the day I will be leaving the hospital. I'm not greedy, I don't care about free food or gifts, I just want time alone with my new little family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"