Baby Names

Boy Name Dilemna

Love love love the name Crosby for a boy, but my husband's cousin (who we hardly ever see except for on facebook) has a 3 year old named Crosby. Is that too close?

Can anyone think of other names (like Crosby) I might like instead to solve my problem?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Boy Name Dilemna

• Well Crosby is bad so unless it's your maiden name or something I would look for something else. Random surnames are super trendy right now so I would avoid them to not time stamp my kids name personally.

• Not a fan of Crosby I have to say....it seems more suited for a dog. I'd say it's too close

Harrison
    Tanner
    Asher
    Rylan
    Emery
    Embry
    Quaid
    Bowen
    Callum
    Colby
    Ellis
    Sawyer
    Tate
    Landon
    Brooks
    Beau
    Bennett
    Holden
    Lane
  • Loading the player...
  • I think a cousin's son that you never see is not too close. If one of my cousins used my child's name I would take it as a compliment that they like the name too! And if doesn't complicate things with family get together then I wouldn't worry about it.

Here are some other suggestions:
    Corbett
    Clive
    Kason
    Donnelly
    Berkeley
    Brantley
    Brody
    Corbin
  • Yeah if we decide to use it, we will definitely talk with them ahead of time about it, just to make sure it's not awkward. I love Ellis too, but I have a good friend who just named her daughter Ellis, and that situation would be awkward for sure haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'd say use it...
  • I don't like it either. I sounds a little ridiculous when said out loud. I can't imagine a grown man introducing himself in a business meeting. I would keep looking. What about Keller, Edison, Maxwell, Douglas.......they are both last and first names that seem a little nicer in my opinion.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions. Next on our list so far are Graham and Rhett. I have a feeling we might just be moving on to avoid the situation.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hope2432 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. Next on our list so far are Graham and Rhett. I have a feeling we might just be moving on to avoid the situation.

Graham is great!! Rhett isn't bad either, just not my style
  • Let her have the awful name and use Graham instead
    it is 1000xs better than Crosby
  • Love Graham! Much better than Crosby. We are naming this lo Graeme!
  • I like Rhett!!
  • Graham is awesome. Way better than Crosby!
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
  • I am having a baby boy name dilemma as well, am hoping for more responses on my posting, so I wil be honest with you.  I don't like Crosby.  Plus, if a cousin in the family already used it, I don't think you can use it then.

Rhett and Graham are both great.  Graham is more main stream, without being popular.  Rhett is old fashioned and reminds me of Gone with the Wind (in a good way).  I am leaning toward Rhett, because it is so different, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"