September 2012 Moms

TUESDAY yo!

13»

Re: TUESDAY yo!

• MommaP12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    At lunch I went to a meeting about summer camp.  I can't believe I am less than 5 months away from having a kid no longer in daycare.  I know I'm in a different world when they walk through the daily schedule and don't even mention nap time.  

Time certainly flies.
    Wait until he comes home from Kindergarten STARVING and EXHAUSTED because they don't have afternoon snack or nap.  We actually moved DSs bedtime up 30-45 minutes this year due to Kindergarten and the kid eats a whole meal at 3:15 when he walks in!  I can see why moms shop for snacks in bulk at Costco now!
    I have no clue how this works now but I remember when I was a kid, we were allowed to bring a snack to eat at recess. It helped with that afternoon hunger/tiredness. But I guess that depends a lot on what time they do recess.
    Yeah, to be honest, I wish they did that.  Instead, in our schools, they start at 8, have a morning snack, then have lunch early at like 11:30 and then have recess at lunch time.  So by 3:15 when he gets off the bus, he hasn't eaten since 11:30 and that's before having run around at recess and having PE on M/W.  I feel like they load them up in the morning with food and they he's starving by 3:15 so I wish the snack wasn't in the morning.

Our schedule is similar except we start at 7:30, snack at 9:30, lunch at 11:30, kiddos go home at 2:05. I'm sure they are starving when they get off the bus bc I know I even need an afternoon snack! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MommaP12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    At lunch I went to a meeting about summer camp.  I can't believe I am less than 5 months away from having a kid no longer in daycare.  I know I'm in a different world when they walk through the daily schedule and don't even mention nap time.  

Time certainly flies.
    Wait until he comes home from Kindergarten STARVING and EXHAUSTED because they don't have afternoon snack or nap.  We actually moved DSs bedtime up 30-45 minutes this year due to Kindergarten and the kid eats a whole meal at 3:15 when he walks in!  I can see why moms shop for snacks in bulk at Costco now!
    I have no clue how this works now but I remember when I was a kid, we were allowed to bring a snack to eat at recess. It helped with that afternoon hunger/tiredness. But I guess that depends a lot on what time they do recess.
    Yeah, to be honest, I wish they did that.  Instead, in our schools, they start at 8, have a morning snack, then have lunch early at like 11:30 and then have recess at lunch time.  So by 3:15 when he gets off the bus, he hasn't eaten since 11:30 and that's before having run around at recess and having PE on M/W.  I feel like they load them up in the morning with food and they he's starving by 3:15 so I wish the snack wasn't in the morning.

Our schedule is similar except we start at 7:30, snack at 9:30, lunch at 11:30, kiddos go home at 2:05. I'm sure they are starving when they get off the bus bc I know I even need an afternoon snack! 
    Wow, your school gets out at 2:05?  That seems so early!  Ours gets out at 3 but on Wednesdays they get out at 2 for teacher meetings.  Since DH works from home and does the bus stop retreival daily, he hates Wednesdays, LOL!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    MommaP12 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    kelbel527 said:

Wow, your school gets out at 2:05?  That seems so early!  Ours gets out at 3 but on Wednesdays they get out at 2 for teacher meetings.  Since DH works from home and does the bus stop retreival daily, he hates Wednesdays, LOL!  
    Is DS home with him in the afternoon while he works from home? That is my plan when James starts school, wondering how it is working out for you guys. Does your DH do a lot of conference calls? That is my biggest worry, like yesterday I had to host a call from 3-5.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• MommaP12 said:

MommaP12 said:

hmp1 said:

MommaP12 said:

kelbel527 said:

Time certainly flies.

Yep. Elementary hours are 7:30-2:05 which mean mine are 7:15-3....not that I leave at 3. But having the option to is nice, especially for appt & errands. Our middle school and high school have different schedules too.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    hmp1 said:
    MommaP12 said:
    kelbel527 said:

Is DS home with him in the afternoon while he works from home? That is my plan when James starts school, wondering how it is working out for you guys. Does your DH do a lot of conference calls? That is my biggest worry, like yesterday I had to host a call from 3-5.
    @hmp1 since DH owns his own business he manages his own schedule, so he just doesn't schedule conf calls with businesses he works with during those hours.   He gets DS from the bus at 3:10, gets him set up with a snack and then either DS plays on his own or watches some TV to rest because he's usually exhausted so DH squeezes in a little more from about 3:30-4:30 and that's it.   So it's not quite the same as your sitch since he manages his own time/workload being self employed.  It's super nice though that we don't need after school care because it's as much as daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"