January 2015 Moms
Options

Inside Baby Check-In 1/26/15

2»

Re: Inside Baby Check-In 1/26/15

• Options
    Had an appt and NST this AM. I asked the midwife to check me and I was 2cm and 50% effaced. I asked her to strip my membranes to see if we can get things moving. So far just a lot of cramping. I'm hoping I don't just end up uncomfortable for 2 days without making progress.

Post dates suck!
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mperez95 said:
    @sweetdreamz6700‌ just looked up the "bishop score" online.. I'm a 0 :(
    I just got back from my appointment and I'm about a 3 based on what she told me. So yeah.....I feel ya. But we have time ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1. What is you EDD/how far along are you?
    January 30th/ 39Weeks +6

2. Any appointments/progress?
    Twice a week appointments. NST's/US's have all been good. No real "progress". 

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally?
    Physically, in a lot of pain. My pelvic bones in the front are rubbing together and are inflamed. Emotionally- Depressed. My Dr. wouldn't send in a statement when I went out of work a week and a half ago. I was working 12 hour shifts in the hospital in a high stress job and starting turning different shades of white/red and went hypertensive near like 180 systolic. I went to triage and of course at rest it's not bad. So, I'm draining vacation for personal leave rather than going on FMLA. This time won't count towards FMLA though so technically I can take another 12 when she's born. The baby is somewhere between 7.5-9.5 lbs a week ago. Every time I go to the Dr. it seems  like my body is "broken" when I'm not even due till tomorrow. Lastly, my induction would be scheduled at 40 weeks 6 days if I don't go into labor on my own. Not exactly thrilled about possibly going to pretty much 42 weeks w/a large baby.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately?
    The to-do list is complete! The last thing I bought for baby was some fun Vera Bradly dresses on sale for the summer. 

5. Misc. Rants and Raves?
    I'm over the texts and calls about if the baby is here yet...I've been hearing it since I was 36 weeks and potentially could go to 42! I don't want anymore reminders she's not here. The over confident predictions as to when the baby will come is annoying. I'm super negative and miserable now but I will say on a positive note I am so glad that both baby and I are healthy. I am also thankful that I've had support from family and friends. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1. What is you EDD/how far along are you?
    Jan 27, so 40+3

2. Any appointments/progress?
    Had a midwife appt Wed.  The baby's very low and I was about 1cm dilated, cervix was "soft".  So, at least there's some progress. I have a biophysical profile ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday.  Hopefully we'll have a baby before then!

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally?
    Ok.  I'm impatient to meet my little one, and like everyone else, kinda over the pregnancy thing, but mostly I really, really, don't want to have to be medically induced, so the prospect of going post term has me nervous.  I just keep trying to remind myself that I have another week and a half before that's a real issue.  Trying to find some previously hidden well of patience in the meantime.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately?
    We're ready!  I've been using the extra time for some crafty things I didn't get around to doing before, like making some mobiles. The distraction and the little silver(ish) lining of hey, guess at least I have time for some of this stuff still helps.

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Rants: Like others here, getting tired of the constant is there a baby yet? check ins.  Like I'm just going to keep it a secret for days.  I realize it's well intentioned, but yeah, kinda annoying.

Raves: Everyone - friends and family, coworkers, and, especially, DH, are so supportive.  I love that this baby is already so loved, and I have a great support network even though we only have one nearby family member.  So I try to focus on that rather than the annoyance of the above rant.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jellybean707 - i hope you go into labor soon!  My dr wouldn't strip my membranes... :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@jellybean707 - i hope you go into labor soon!  My dr wouldn't strip my membranes... :(

I'm not sure if the membrane sweep did it or if it was just our time but... I did go into labor! Baby was born a few hours ago after a fast and furious labor. Full birth story soon but I went from 5cm to 10 and pushing in under an hour! We are both doing great!
                Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"