January 2015 Moms

Inside Baby Check-In 1/26/15

Hi Everyone! Most of our board has had their babies and most of the talk has turned to newborn care. I was thinking we could have a place for those of us with inside babies to check in, chat and maybe even whine a bit. Everyone is welcome. Come on out of hiding lurkers :)

1. What is you EDD/how far along are you?

2. Any appointments/progress?

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally?

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately?

5. Misc rants or raves?

Jan 15 January Siggy Challenge
              Newborn/Baby Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image

Re: Inside Baby Check-In 1/26/15

• 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you?
    1/28 39w5d

At my appt last week I was 1cm and my waters were bulging. Midwife didn't think I'd make it to my appt this Wednesday.

I'm getting really anxious. I didn't want to hear that my waters could break at any time. I want to relax, but I'm constantly on edge wondering if today will be the day.

I still have to put decals up in the nursery and make more freezer meals. Bought the last of the stuff that we needed on our registry this weekend. Loving the mobile for the crib :)

5. Misc rants or raves?
    People need to stop asking me if today is the day! I will let them know!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
    40 weeks today.

2. Any appointments/progress? As of Friday I was nearly 4cm and fully effaced. I've had early labor (or prodromal?) labor for the past week, with regular contractions that always just peter out, which is so frustrating.

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? Ugh. I'm just tired of being pregnant. Hopefully he decides to come soon.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? Nope, we are all ready!

5. Misc rants or raves? The calls and texts are getting old! Everyone knows I will let them know, why keep pestering me?? I also can't call anyone just to chat without them answering "is it time?!"
  • 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? Jan 31

2. Any appointments/progress? Appt tomorrow morning - first internal check for progress

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? Ok - tired of being pregnant

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? Need to pick up crib and dresser from store

5. Misc rants or raves? Nothing more than anyone else ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    EDD is Feb 10, but I was previously told they wouldn't let me go past 39w which is Feb 3. I'm 37w6d today.

I have lots of appointments due to being high risk.  Last check was 3cm and 80% effaced.  Baby is in -1 station.

I was doing fine til last night.  Woke up Sunday with strong contractions less than 10 minutes apart.  They got closer at only 5 min apart so we went to the hospital.  Checked and no progress.  All in all, 3 hours at the hospital, 5.5 hours of close/painful contractions, and were sent home.  That's some suckiness.

I don't really have anything to do for a while.  We aren't doing the nursery until she's a few months old because we need it as a guest room in the meantime.  Everything else has been ready since 34 weeks because I was so high risk for preterm delivery.

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Nothing except this new feeling of frustration and being over it.  :P
    imageimage

"Beanie" Natural 7w MC 11/21/12

"Nole" stopped growing at 7w3d D&E 2/11/13

Diagnosed with MTHFR and Factor V Leiden on 4/3/13

Due with RAINBOW GIRL 2/10/15

• 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? Due date was 1/30, I'm 36w3d today.

2. Any appointments/progress?  Appointment last week was 1 cm and 60% effaced.  Had elevated BP and now am getting NSTs.  Had one this morning that went OK.  Took a while for the baby to wake up so was a little stressful for me.  OB is planning on stripping membranes on Thur which I don't know how I feel about it.  

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? Physically I'm actually really good.  My hips have actually stopped hurting which make sleep more comfortable, when I'm not up for no apparent reason.  Emotionally I have good days and bad.  The BP seems to have gone down somewhat but it is making be anxious that things could go wrong and I'll have to be induce or have CS.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? Just a little cleaning up of LO's room and making sure the spare room is ready for my mom to come on Wed.  Haven't gotten anything for LO lately, pretty stocked up.

5. Misc rants or raves? My mom is flying in late on Wed!  Hoping LO holds off for grandma.  She is coming from the east coast so I'm super glad we didn't change her flight to today as we were thinking about doing last week.  I'm excited that she can help do any last minute stuff and maybe make some meals, something I keep meaning to do but never have the energy for.

• Just got back from the OB, no progress.... So clearly I stopped at Dunks for a donut as a consolation prize. BPP scheduled for Monday and induction on Tues if nothing's happened by then!
  • Thanks for starting this thread! 

EDD 1/23 so 40+3

At my last appointment at 39+4 I had 0 progress but doc said his head is VERY low. I've been having regular but not painful contractions and pain that feels like his head hitting my cervix, so I really hope I show some progress tomorrow at my appointment. 

Doing ok. We have some things going on in our family that is taking some of the attention off of my discomfort. I think my biggest problem right now is I don't sleep well. I'm taking several naps per day just to make it through. Guess my body is preparing for after baby! ;) I'm also allowing myself to eat lots of delicious food (strawberries, blackberries, Oreos lol) and that helps. :D

I want to clean a little bit more but I'm just so tired from the lack of sleep. On a happier note, my mom bought a pack-n-play from one of my cousins for me! 

5. Misc rants or raves?
    I'm so grateful for my husband and loving family (both my family and his). With the things going on with our family lately, my husband has been such a huge comfort to me. Mix in my preggo hormones... Honestly I know that God is the only thing keeping him sane. :P 

1-27........39 and 6
    2. Any appointments/progress? Obgyn tomorrow and ultrasound

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? I am physically miserable and emotionally impatient and just ready to be done

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Feeling so anxious and weighed down...not particularly happy with my doctors office either...just feeling blah . It's nice to know I'm not the only January mommy waiting
  • 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? Guess date was 1/23, so 40+3 now?

2. Any appointments/progress? Had my last appointment Wednesday, 1 cm dilated and 75% effaced. Had her strip my membranes which I totally regret (@WormyGo2) because it caused me to lose my plug and have contractions that just went no where. It's not a fun game of maybe? Nope. My plug has since resealed itself and contractions have teetered to nothing. Just a bunch of false hopes. I don't know if I will have her do it again on Friday when I go back for a NST/US/prenatal exam. We'll also discuss the "i" word then.

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? With all this "progress" I am losing my patience. I am really antzy at night, even crying. It's not like I'm physically uncomfortable (besides the mild period-like contractions that give me lower back discomfort as well) constantly --I am pretty fortunate in that area for being 9 months pregnant. I just want her here, and knowing my body's made progress makes it that much more frustrating that it hasn't amounted to anything yet.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? My mom and I made and hung up the mobile for above the crib this weekend. Used a branch from her Japanese maple tree, trimmed it down, cut out felt flowers and sewed them together, then hung them from the branch. It looks so lovely I'm very happy with it. She also bought baby G some clothes since Kohl's was having a sale, so it was fun shopping together for those. I still need to pack MY hospital bag... My DH was supposed to help me with laundry yesterday and ended up doing NOTHING (he works 6 days a week and that was our chance to get it ALL done. I can't carry the basket or bend over to load/unload washer or dryer, so I need his help!). I'm down to my last pair of undies. Great.

5. Misc rants or raves? Just more of the same as above, please people I don't want to hear about it'd be nice for me to have the baby now, it's a convenient time for THEM (like this is about YOU at all... STFU!!) or the constant "how are you feeling?" I'm feeling very pregnant! If there were any serious change I'd be walking out the door to the hospital thank you very much! I don't have any raves. I'm done. Just done. Okay maybe one.... 6 days until the Seahawks play in the Super Bowl!!! I couldn't be more stoked for that! Just the double whammy of waiting for that AND having a baby.... kind of unbearable. Yep, definitely no raves I suppose.
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? ----- 40 weeks today 2. Any appointments/progress? ----- Went today only 1 cm dialated/75%effaced /-1 station. Perfect blood pressure. Total weight gain for entire pregnancy is 2 lbs (very sick in the beginning lost 20 lbs). The OB had a hard time finding his heartbeat today, there was about 20 seconds of sheer panic, it was just is positioning 3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? ------- This is funny.....physically fine...just very sore, sometimes I feel like he is trying to claw his way out. Emotionally I am hanging in there. I live about 25 miles north and west of Boston and we are expecting a "historic, potential record breaking blizzard" with approx 3 feet of snow and over the next few days. Gusts of wind up to 60+mph. I just hope LO stays put till Wednesday or Thursday. 4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? -------- I just need to paint a table to go next to my rocking chair in the baby's room. I realized I didn't have any newborn diapers--only size 1. I bought a small package, they are so tiny! Eeehhhh! 5. Misc rants or raves? ------- I have been getting a ridiculous amount of phone calls and text messages asking me if I have gone into labor yet. Does my sister really think I wouldn't let her know? Uugghh. Annoying
  • @marvan5-  Yeah I'm worried that stripping will lead to nothing but discomfort.  Also my DH did the laundry last week but didn't bring it up from the basement for 3 days (even though I asked a couple times).   Then I got a talking to for unpacking the undies from the hospital bag to wear because I had none left otherwise.  Grrr...

• @WormyGo ---I am currently wearing my jeans from the bag, and I only have 2 pairs. If my water breaks I have no clean pants. Sweats, jammies, even my big pj t-shirts.. all dirty. I'd be stuck in a dress or shorts with some seriously hairy legs! LOL. I am shoving the laundry basket all ready for him to throw in in his face as soon as he walks in the door from work. Then timing the loads to demand he doesn't let them sit in there. I have no problem folding!
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
    1/28, 39 weeks and 5 days
    Had an appointment on Thursday where I was 1.5 cm and 50% effaced. Today I declined a cervical check because I'm sick so I don't wasn't to go into labor while sick. I'll do a nst on Friday if I make it until then and have an induction scheduled for 2/3 if no progress

3. How are you holding up?
    Physically I'm awful, I can't stand because my cervix hurts, and sciatic pain, I can't sit because my butt hurts, even lying on my side hurts my back and hips, but I don't want baby to come until I'm over this cold! Emotionally I just want to make it till Friday so mil will be here to watch ds who has also been sick, a friend volunteered to watch him but she's newly pregnant and also had a toddler so I don't want to get them sick I'm just worried dh will miss being at the birth if ds is not healthy enough to tag along
    4. Anything left on your to-do list?
    Plenty but I can't work on much right now.
    Any fun baby purchases lately? We had a broken music box on our mobile but I was able to find a second hand mobile for $8 so we swapped the music box out and I cut off the toys for ds.
    5. Misc rants or raves? I just wish my son hadn't come down with a cold right now, he's usually super healthy but my suspicion is that the toys at ot were contaminated with someone who had a cold and he picked it up there and of course we went to speech therapy on Friday before I realized he was going to be sick so we've probably made everyone there sick too, I've canceled a bunch of his appointments this week so we can just lay low and get better. I never thought I could be so uncomfortable and want to remain in such a state, but I'm asking this baby to stay in until Friday!
    1/31, still a few days until go time. 

I was 1cm last wednesday and my OB will check for progress this wednesday at my appointment. 

I'm tired, cramps and backache on and off for almost a week now. 

Everything is ready to go. 

5. Misc rants or raves?
    I'm working up until I go in, so I'd like the baby to come on thursday so I can make a big meeting on friday - I know there's no way to actually arrange for that....but a gal can hope. 
  • Lurker here!

1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? Was due in jan 26th

2. Any appointments/progress? Was 2 cm last wed. Next appt tomorrow!

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? I am over it! Struggling with back trouble and just really slow and hurting quite honestly. Emotionally, ok - except caring for my 2 older kids has gotten tough.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? Not really, just in the waiting game at this point,

5. Misc rants or raves? Nervous about the timeline - my husband has several big jobs and this drAgging on pits pressure on everyone.
  • 1. What is your EDD/how far along are you? Due 1/30, so I'm 39 weeks 4 days today!

2. Any appointment/progress? Just had an appt yesterday I was almost 3 cm so my doctor decided to "try" something! I'm guessing he stretched my cervix lol that was the weirdest feeling ever! (Hope it helps move it along)

3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? Well could be better but I finally got my burst of energy, so that is helping out a lot! My husband was suppose to go out of town this week but his boss finally decided it's okay for him to stay I was a disaster last week about that! So weight lifted off my shoulders !! Don't know what I would do if he missed it!

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchase lately? Only thing left to do is have this baby girl (: we have one girl all ready so we got a bigger diaper bag to be easier to carry both of their stuff!! I was pretty excited about that when it came in the mail haha can't wait to use it!!

5. Misc. rants or raves? Well my doctor told me yesterday that they want to set up an induction date just incase and that made me a little nervous. I don't want to be induced and definitely don't want to wait until I'm 41 weeks. So I'm really hoping that she comes on her own! My husband has a big meeting that day, then will be going out of town mon-fri all of February. I'm nervous to have a newborn and almost two year old by myself right off the bat! I know I can do it, just nervous to think about it. I don't want my oldest to feel "unwanted" but I know she will be a big help(:
  • My doula commented that some women's bodies can put off labor because they don't feel safe (which I have heard before so I don't think she's a whack job).  Last night I tried to relax and visualize a safe trip to the hospital since I know I was freaking out about the storm.  I also did a lot more of my exercises and tried to relax my body more every time I felt tension in my uterus to let the contractions do their job.  I didn't go into labor last night, but I feel better and less stressed about not progressing. 

I just wish it weren't so cold out so I could go for a long walk and get this kid the F out! :) I don't want to be induced!

BabyFruit Ticker

• My doula commented that some women's bodies can put off labor because they don't feel safe (which I have heard before so I don't think she's a whack job).  Last night I tried to relax and visualize a safe trip to the hospital since I know I was freaking out about the storm.  I also did a lot more of my exercises and tried to relax my body more every time I felt tension in my uterus to let the contractions do their job.  I didn't go into labor last night, but I feel better and less stressed about not progressing. 

I just wish it weren't so cold out so I could go for a long walk and get this kid the F out! :) I don't want to be induced!

I was thinking about this exact thing this morning! I was actually wondering if my rough labor experience with DS was impacting me going into labor this go around.

Very interesting stuff! Maybe I'll try some relaxation/ visualization tonight too! If nothing else at least I'll be more relaxed.
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

EDD was 1/20...yep a week over due. Yay me....

I had my last appt. today before my induction on Thursday. I'm 3cm and "very soft" (that's what my doc said) but my cervix is still a little high.

Physically not too bad. I have a few more stretch marks which sucks, but I have a lot more energy then I thought I would being a week overdue. I gave 4 out of the 5 cats baths today, and even though I was winded I still had energy after. I wanted to vacuum and mop too but my husband came home early from running errands and was not happy that I bathed them by myself. I got quiet a lecture and he made me sit on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap so it wasn't too bad lol

Sunday I had an emotional break down because I could not get comfortable and I got 3 phone calls, 2 Facebook messages and 3 texts while I was in the shower that interrupted my spotify music. I also got into an argument with my grandmother about her not needing to call me twice a day, EVERY DAY to ask me the same damn questions and tell me the same damn things about how "stubborn our daughter is going to be and how much more tired I'm going to get and blah blah blah"
    She hung up on me after I told her that there wasn't any need to call me twice a day and that if something did change she is third on our list of people to call. She got pissy because she wasn't the first or second but I told her that our parents held higher priority because they are planning on coming to the hospital and she has told me several times that she doesn't want to see the baby until we are home. At this point I really DGAF if I don't talk to her until Sunday (as horrible as that sounds).

Nothing left to do really. I'm planning on finishing cleaning tomorrow but more so for the company that's coming than "nesting" purposes. That still hasn't kicked in. I'm starting to believe it's a myth made up by cleaning companies lol sorry..my sense of humor is a little off lately. 8-}

As far as purchases we had our glider gifted last week :) my parents surprised us with it and I love it! It fits perfectly in her room! I also got the cutest valentines day dress that I really hope she will fit into! I even got a pair of shoe socks to match it! :) I'm growing an unhealthy obsession with shoe socks...she may or may not have 25 pairs...(don't judge me lol)
    The only other thing I want/need is a nursing pillow. Not a super fun purchase but it will do.

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Rave: our friends will be in town tomorrow from NC. I'm really excited to see them! I hate that I'll be spending the first 3 days they are here in the hospital but at least I know our animals will be taken care of and I don't have to ask my neighbors (not that they wouldn't do a great job but they have company in this week so I feel bad asking them).

Rant: We found out yesterday that our 5 year old cat is in kidney failure. She made it through the night and has eaten a tiny bit today but it's still touch and go. The vet gave her more fluids this morning and she's a lot more attentive then she had been so I'm hoping she will recover. I just wish I didn't have to leave her for a few days for the induction. I don't know what I'll do if she passes away while we are in there. She's the only one out of all 5 cats whose shown any interest in my pregnancy. The hormones I'm putting off scare away the others but she would still cuddle with me. :(

I also turned my phone off today thinking people would get the hint that I didn't want to be bothered, but all that did was cause my husband to get panicked phone calls. Which was kinda funny because now he knows how frustrating it has been for me to get calls and texts from people multiple times a day who are "just checking in."

@misslizzy82‌ I HATE hospitals and have a very bad fear of them. The L&D area of the hospital I'm going to doesn't really look like a "hospital" but the smells are still the same. I get a little anxious just thinking about having to go so when I read your post it was like a light bulb went on in my head lol. I don't know how possible it is to fully relax about having to go but it's worth a shot.

Jan. 26. 40w1d

At yesterday's appointment my cervix was still closed and hard.. Induction scheduled for this coming Monday 2/2.

Physically, I have the regular aches and sore hips/pelvis..
    Emotionally I'm terrified, my doctor told me that because my cervix is still sealed that my induction can take up to 3days.. I'm a young ftm and have no experience or knowledge of anything related to labor.

Everything is done and waiting on her which is a relief and it sucks at the same time being that I'm on maternity leave and have nothing left to do all day.

5. Misc rants or raves?
    All of a sudden I've been getting a numbing feeling on my left calf & ankle.. It kind of feels like the feeling you get when your leg falls asleep yet kind of feels like a cramp.. Is this normal? Does anybody know what it is?
  • @mperez95‌ I have had that calf ankle thing for about 15 weeks. My chiropractor said it was from my sacrum being weird right now. Mostly due to the relaxin hormone. Hoping that goes away soon after birth!
  • @andreajobrown‌ I'm hoping so too, I just started getting that pain yesterday and thought it was my leg falling asleep but I got up and tried moving around & still had the feeling :/
    2/1 so 39+3

I've had appointments 4 of the last 7 days and have another 2 on Thurs. I'm doctored out right now. I really thought with her size and the consistent low AFIs that she would be here by now. Today my AFI was completely and totally normal as well as the NST and on Sat my cervix was completely closed. So Thurs they will check my cervix again as well as another growth check to decide on a better plan of action. I know I don't want induced if my bishop score sucks.

Physically I'm pretty uncomfortable but thats expected at this stage in the game. I have contractions off and on, no real consistency. But nearly always at night so I rarely sleep. I'm gonna try to go into work tomorrow so that should be interesting.
    Emotionally I'm in a much better place than I was this weekend. Sunce Thurs I've been told to go in for induction and then sent home twice in 3 days. I was a wreck.

Oh man, tons. I suck at nesting and have no desire to do anything else. We are purchased out. Next thing will bebe whatever we decide to get for newborn pics.

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Just all my appointments. I had to take myself off the schedule early to accommodate them all.

@mperez95‌ after hearing great advice from the ladies here do discuss your bishop score as it relates to a successful induction. After posting here I talked with my Ob and we both agreed that if my Bishop was less than a 9 an induction would increase my chance of a c-section by nearly 7 times. Although a c-section is a rougher recovery it will be a million times worse after a failed induction that could last who knows how long. So if my bishop stays low and I hit my "deadline" or 41wks we'll likely move forward with a c-section. Its not the best plan for some people but its the best option for us.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I did some guided relaxation and childbirth imagery yesterday(using the guided mind app.) I also diffused some lavender and ylang ylang to help with relaxation. I did not go into labor but I did sleep great last night! I woke twice but slept a total of 7 1/2 hours! 
                  Newborn/Baby Fails

1/26 40 + 2

Have been checked twice. 1st one midwife said 1-2cm dilated and 70% effaced. 2nd check doc disagreed said 0 dialated, 50% effaced. She did say baby was a lot lower. Had to go behind her head to get to cervix to check.

Periodically sad and weepy feeling. Guess it's just hormones. Heartburn. Feeling like she is now officially a giant. She feels so much heavier than she did a week ago. Doc said they gain 1/2lb a week at this point.

No and no. All is done. Husband has been flipping out about money lately, so I don't feel free to spend money on the cutesy stuff. Sigh.

5. Misc rants or raves?

Rant. My husband would not look through any baby name books or websites. At 4 months, I went through 1000 girl names. I had a list. All he said was it's ok or no to all the names. Of course, no to all my faves that I've cherished my whole life. He is a big procrastinator, so I knew he would not take this seriously until the last minute. At 39 + 5, I finally put my foot down and asked for a list of 5 names from him by that weekend. He said, "I don't like how you're giving me a deadline!" Are you kidding me?!?!? She is almost here!!!!! Sorry but common sense says your baby has a deadline!!!!! Omg!!! I could have KILLED him!!!

Second rant. Also, involving name. Every time we went to church I was hounded by people asking what we were going to name her. I have done all the work myself, but does anyone ask my husband what her name will be? No! They bug me! I explain what is going on, and they still bug me! My pastor's daughter was driving me insane. Demanding we name her by the next Sunday. It'd be cute if she were 4, but she 12. She should have a little more common sense. One Sunday she came up and talked to me about it 4 separate times!!! I finally said, "Look I have explained that I have done all I can do. If you want to help, stop bugging me, and get on my husband's case as I have explained four times now, he is the one holding this up!!!!" Why are people such idiots around pregnant women?!? Shut up! And mind your own business!!!

Ok. I feel better now.
  • Just had an OB appointment, I'm due 1/31 - baby is in no rush. The Dr. thinks I'll go to 41weeks, next wednesday we'll talk about scheduling an induction. 

I'm done. 

I cried after the appointment because I'm so done. 
  • Hi Everyone! :) We're almost done. 

I'm 39 weeks 6 days right now, due date is Jan 29th.

I'm not sure. My next OB appointment is today!

I'm hanging in there emotionally and physically but I'm ready to meet my baby boy! My pelvis is feeling a lot of pressure on the left side and feels like it's getting pulled down into a vortex.

I finally packed my hospital bag and made some padsicles. I'm pretty much ready to go. My friend from college surprised me with baby gifts that were delivered over the weekend: cute onesies, socks, baby booties and a changing pad. That was really sweet and unexpected of her!

5. Misc rants or raves? 
    Rant #1 - My hubby doesn't want me to work any longer. My due date is tomorrow and my work is more than an hour from the hospital. I'm ready to punch my HR Manager who says that I have to keep working because my FMLA doesn't start until the baby is born! WTH lady! Or I have to get a doctor's note to excuse me from work. I'm so done with this crap! 

Rant #2 - I'm getting so sick of everyone! Family, friends and coworkers keep asking me if the baby is here, telling me that my belly is big, saying that baby is gonna come 4 days after his due date, etc. I don't want to talk to you! Don't tell me to keep me legs closed until "such and such date" when you return from vacation. This baby is coming on his time schedule, not yours.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @stephchris0321, get the doctor's note, it's easy and they will give it to you for sure, in fact for fmla they give it up to something like 4 weeks prior to due date. Unfortunately when you file it, it can take a week, with ds, I filed it but had to redo as he came 3 days after I filed the original claim, but it still was better than going in to the office!
  • @misslizzy82 - I don't get to schedule an eviction date until a week from today! My Dr said it will probably be 2/6 or 2/7 though. 

I hope she comes on her own, but if I need to be induced then so be it! 
    Jan. 29 so 39w 6d!!

Appointment yesterday-70% effaced and only 1 cm dilated. Little man is still at -2 station. He wants to see me tomorrow morning to talk about an "eviction notice" because he seems concerned about baby's size. He's estimated at 8lbs...I didn't think that was too big? I'm anxious to meet him but not sure how I feel about being induced....

Physically-eh. I try to keep as active as possible. My feet are so swollen it hurts if I'm on them too long. Other than that, not too bad. Typical "I'm-so-ready-to-not-be-pregnant-anymore" feelings.
    Emotionally-mainly great! Every once in a while I get a little nervous/scared/sad. Guess it's just my hormones going haywire.

Nothing but ridiculous stuff left on my to-do list...everything that needs to be ready is ready, but of course my nesting self decides to clean out drawers and take things to goodwill and do all these unnecessary things now! Trying to keep busy until he comes I guess. No fun baby purchases recently, but DH and I treated ourselves to a new bedroom suit and king size bed this week (we've had the same one since before college!!) now wishing we wouldn't have waited as long to get the new mattress because it's won.der.ful.

5. Misc rants or raves?

Rave-hubby has really been amazing the entire pregnancy. And so thankful for a friend who will be coming to take care of my fur kids while we're in the hospital so neither set of parents have to worry with it!

Rant-like everyone else, I'm so SICK of people constantly checking in! MIL is the worst. Every morning it's "how are you feeling?/are you contracting?/does he feel lower?" I promise you, we will not let anything happen without telling you about it. Though those are bad, the one that drives me the most crazy is someone other than my husband saying "I hope he hurries because I want to hold him!" Like, REALLY? YOU want to hold him? I get everyone is just excited, but I've carried this child for 9+ months and I don't even want to begin to think about handing him over just yet. I want to hold and cuddle him as long as I want first!
  • @sweetdreamz6700‌ just looked up the "bishop score" online.. I'm a 0 :(
  • 1. What is you EDD/how far along are you? EDD has come and gone. Was due jan 23, so I'm 40+6 right now.

I have my post date ultrasound tomorrow to make sure little boy is still happy in there.
    3. How are you holding up physically/emotionally? Frustrated. They were supposed to schedule the induction for Monday night/Tuesday morning, and the hospital called yesterday to tell me they can't get me in until feb 4/5. It just sounds sooo far away and I'm so done being pregnant.

4. Anything left on your to-do list? Any fun baby purchases lately? I've been off work for awhile so everything I can think of is done. I just want him out!

5. Misc rants or raves?
    Not sleeping at night ever. I'm usually awake from 2-6 for no reason, so I just sit up all night and read. If one more person says "get used to not sleeping!!" They get a throat punch. I'd rather be up for a purpose than just up staring at my ceiling waiting for minutes to tick by.
    I'm also really looking forward to not having heart burn. I had to give up ketchup because it made me feel like I could breathe fire that could kill a small village after. I'm giving birth and then asking for a grilled cheese right after.
  • @aremac - Good Luck!!!

I had my NST today and got to see 3 contractions.  I didn't realize I was having them.  Hopefully I'll start to realize it when they get closer together or I'll be having this baby in the car!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"