October 2013 Moms

Videos?

This is probably a dumb question, but any insight is much appreciated!  What are you guys doing with any videos you have taken of the little ones on the phone?  I took so may on the Iphone and now running out of storage.  I put them on google plus, but I want multiple back ups before I delete them!  Just want to see what others are doing.  I should invest in a video camera. 

Re: Videos?

• External hard drive.  You can get a good one for under $100.  I think ours is 500GB or 1TB.  I can't remember.  Every few weeks I dump all of my pictures from our DSLR and video camera onto the hard drive and then lock it up in a small firebox.  

A few months ago I burned all of them to DVDs and locked those up in a different firebox.  I'm a bit paranoid as you can see.  :)  But external hard drives can and do fail, so I wanted to make sure I had a backup plan.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Microsoft onedrive also has free online storage for backing up online. Just install the app on your phone and it will give you a secondary backup easily!
  • Loading the player...
  • We did desktop and external hard drive or a cd or flash drive. We have tons of photos an videos on both of our phones so we wanted to make sure we saved them all.
  • Definitely save them soon. You never know what will happen. I left my phone on top of my car and drove off. :( lost a ton of pics
  • Thanks everyone!!  I think external hard drive is what I'm going to do.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"