September 2012 Moms

Friday Fun/FFFC

2»

Re: Friday Fun/FFFC

• My useless co-worker has hairier arms than anyone I know.  
    No kidding, it's worse than this.

Every time she's wearing a t shirt I'm so distracted, I really have to focus on not staring at her arms.  It's just so odd.

My ex BFF's mom was like this although she's probably more the most manly a woman could come. My BFF had/has blonde hair but dark arm hair. It's so gross. If I were here or your coworker I'd be shaving my arms.

• Loading the player...
  • Pictures like that are why I shave my arms!  Not going to happen over here!

DH and I went to see his surgeon yesterday and he said that DH is doing well and can go back to work when his primary doc says its okay!  I'm pretty excited that the doctors are saying he is doing well, I am hoping that it will push him to think that he is doing well too!

Luci is getting her second set of tubes and her adenoids removed next Tuesday.  I'm surprisingly not worried about it, but I think it is because I am so comfortable with the surgeon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• we have a 3 day weekend....yippee!!!

we just had our annual health inspection today for both buildings and we passed with flying colors....(patting myself on the back for that)

DH has to work both days from 7-11am this weekend and DS is being a terror so I just want to pawn him off on my mom this weekend so I can SLEEP!!!!

• I was just the ladies room at work and there is a woman in there perched on the sink talking on the phone.   She was speaking in a foreign language so i guess it was slightly private but still - talking on the phone in a public bathroom is a bit weird?!?
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • smb+jab said:
    I was just the ladies room at work and there is a woman in there perched on the sink talking on the phone.   She was speaking in a foreign language so i guess it was slightly private but still - talking on the phone in a public bathroom is a bit weird?!?
    Between lecture and lab at school yesterday, one of my classmates was talking on the phone in the bathroom while peeing really loudly.  It was really weird.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • I have a temp working for me, she has worked for me for a while and she is driving me F'ing nuts!

She keeps doing things that I specifically have asked her not to do, causing huge headaches for me and ignoring me.  I was out of office on Wednesday and asked her to meet with me first thing Thursday morning when I was in office.  I emailed her when I got there, to come see me as soon as possible, she acknowledged both emails and said she would be there.  A half hour before I was supposed to leave, she still hadn't come into my office, so I emailed again, said that I only had a half hour and she needed to come talk to me now, she said okay, be there in a minute and then nothing.

I am pissed.  I was trying to be nice and not call her out in front of others, but I am done with that.  I am going to go pull her from her desk Tuesday morning and make her talk to me, because I am so over this.

I can't tell if she is being aggressive because she wants to work for us full time or if she is just that dismissive of my authority.

• FFFC-we brought secret pacifiers to the hospital bc our 2nd night when Jack was born was an epic disaster. He wanted to nurse all night and really I think he needed to use his sucking reflex to calm down.
    Anyways, we followed the rules and waited 4 or 6 weeks to introduce a pacifier to both Jack and Will. Not this time, we've already used it a couple times this week with Sam. He's totally nursing like a champ but sometimes needs to suck on something to fall asleep and/or relax. We have the Soothie 2-pack and have yet to break out the 2nd one.
    #sucharebel
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• FFFC-we brought secret pacifiers to the hospital bc our 2nd night when Jack was born was an epic disaster. He wanted to nurse all night and really I think he needed to use his sucking reflex to calm down. Anyways, we followed the rules and waited 4 or 6 weeks to introduce a pacifier to both Jack and Will. Not this time, we've already used it a couple times this week with Sam. He's totally nursing like a champ but sometimes needs to suck on something to fall asleep and/or relax. We have the Soothie 2-pack and have yet to break out the 2nd one. #sucharebel
    This is really a thing?  The hospital gave Luci a paci before I could object, then I decided I was too tired to care!

• FFFC-we brought secret pacifiers to the hospital bc our 2nd night when Jack was born was an epic disaster. He wanted to nurse all night and really I think he needed to use his sucking reflex to calm down. Anyways, we followed the rules and waited 4 or 6 weeks to introduce a pacifier to both Jack and Will. Not this time, we've already used it a couple times this week with Sam. He's totally nursing like a champ but sometimes needs to suck on something to fall asleep and/or relax. We have the Soothie 2-pack and have yet to break out the 2nd one. #sucharebel
    I didn't even know you are supposed to wait.  My kids tried all of the pacifiers right away.  They were a godsend for both of them.
    This is really a thing?  The hospital gave Luci a paci before I could object, then I decided I was too tired to care!
    Us too - I had read you were supposed to wait 4 to 6 weeks and that was my plan but the hospital gave him one right away.  But he latched on fine so I didn't care.

He ended up loving that specific kind that they gave him and would only take the Nuk brand ones.  
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • @allinjo - congrats!!  That's so exciting!  (And I'm totally jealous - that will be an awesome trip!)

Apparently I'm the only one who can't see the hairy arm pic.  I think I'll take that as a good thing.

Our hospital was very pro-BFing, yet they still gave both boys a paci during their circumcision.  I was fine with it.  Aedan hated it from the beginning anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• @amandad715- Also - I am guessing you'll do a lot of things this way with the 3rd child.  I was so much less "by the rules" with Aedan, I can't even imagine how many things could be different once you get down the line.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I don't want to derail the other thread, but @hmp1, is the kindergarten testing you're talking about for a private school?  It never occurred to me to look into anything like that, but we're doing public school here, so I assumed there wasn't any testing (though I could be wrong).

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited January 2015
    kelbel527 said:
    I don't want to derail the other thread, but @hmp1, is the kindergarten testing you're talking about for a private school?  It never occurred to me to look into anything like that, but we're doing public school here, so I assumed there wasn't any testing (though I could be wrong).
    It is for public magnet schools. We have 2 top ranked in the state schools right here in my little town! They do an interview and assessment that you have to pass, one of those then does a lottery from all that pass the assessment (and auto acceptance to siblings if they pass the assessment) the other picks the top scores only (they don't even give special consideration to siblings). 
    The public school in our neighborhood is good so I will be happy if he ends up there, but may as well try for the others. All we have to do to get into our local school is provide his birth certificate and electric bill :) 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    I don't want to derail the other thread, but @hmp1, is the kindergarten testing you're talking about for a private school?  It never occurred to me to look into anything like that, but we're doing public school here, so I assumed there wasn't any testing (though I could be wrong).
    It is for public magnet schools. We have 2 top ranked in the state schools right here in my little town! They do an interview and assessment that you have to pass, one of those then does a lottery from all that pass the assessment (and auto acceptance to siblings if they pass the assessment) the other picks the top scores only (they don't even give special consideration to siblings). 
    The public school in our neighborhood is good so I will be happy if he ends up there, but may as well try for the others. All we have to do to get into our local school is provide his birth certificate and electric bill :) 
    I think that's all we need as well.  At least when I was looking at 4K that was the case.  You had me sweating that I was missing out on some kindergarten test I needed to prepare Brody for!  I can already tell you what his strengths and weaknesses will be as he goes to kindergarten, but I'd more want to prepare him so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by it.  

Is James going to kindergarten next Fall?  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• kelbel527 said:
    hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    I think that's all we need as well.  At least when I was looking at 4K that was the case.  You had me sweating that I was missing out on some kindergarten test I needed to prepare Brody for!  I can already tell you what his strengths and weaknesses will be as he goes to kindergarten, but I'd more want to prepare him so he wouldn't be overwhelmed by it.  

No, he will test next January but I want to start looking at prep sites and tests so I can see what I think he needs to work on. I know we need to practice picture analogy like this:

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• So I just spilled a half a cup of coffee all over the counter, knocked the stir sticks off of said counter and burned my hand on the Keurig pod. I need to go home...20 minutes...tick tock, tick tock.

• hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    hmp1 said:
    kelbel527 said:

No, he will test next January but I want to start looking at prep sites and tests so I can see what I think he needs to work on. I know we need to practice picture analogy like this:
    Yep, we would have to practice that as well!  I didn't know 5 year olds worked on analogies!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I love the buddy system idea! Lol. Nobody gets left behind!!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @alinnjo will you share the photo?! I'm so excited for you!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Holly_1007Holly_1007 member
    edited January 2015
    I took a phone call today from a person named "lee" I kept calling him "sir" because of the voice. Yeah, I pulled up the policy specifics after I got off the call and it was a female.

• I ended up signing keagan up for school choice for kindergarten in the next town over for next year. I won't know for a few months if he gets in. In order to enroll him in our town I have to go there in person with a bunch of forms. I don't know when I'm going to do that. Maybe I need to take a morning off and schedule a dentist appointment and get it done then (I need to go to the dentist as well) I'm really trying not to use any of my time off right now because I know I need it if (read:when) the kids get sick again.

• @Holly_1007‌ Thanks!  I would share the photo if I could remember which one it was!!! I can't remember which one I submitted..... I do know I talked about how she started walking while we were there. Oops! I think they will post it on their facebook page after my paperwork gets approved. I should hear back in a couple of weeks.

And how awesome to get such nice feedback from the daycare. It's always nice to hear those compliments. You're doing a great job!! And don't worry about his letter recognition. Just keep talking about letters and his name and it will click when he's ready!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Our entire office (200+ people) have one(per gender) bathroom with 8 or so stalls. The chances of getting that bathroom entirely to yourself are non existent. I really wish they had a few more private bathrooms, or that they would put some music in there or something. It's awkward.

• I have so many random thoughts tonight! Haha! An old college friend just started a photography business and she wants to do some work for her portfolio and asked if I would model, I'm really excited but it probably won't be for a few more months, it's way too cold here right now to do outside work.

• I got my dog a "calming collar" to try to stop her from peeing all over the floor, I will report back how it works. The box said it could take a few weeks for full effect, and it only lasts 30 days so I'm not very optimistic.

• I got my dog a "calming collar" to try to stop her from peeing all over the floor, I will report back how it works. The box said it could take a few weeks for full effect, and it only lasts 30 days so I'm not very optimistic.
    We tried one for Shady when he was too sick to take meds. It didn't stop him from eating my trash, but it did calm him a bit. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"