September 2012 Moms

Thursday Thoughts

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• I'm not picky about my salads. Iceberg wedge salads are one of my fave. And then you make lettuce wraps with the other half of the head.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • melody921 said:
    I wish you guys could see the hippos in soup.  Seriously.  Rolls shaped like hippos.  In a bowl of soup.  It's so cute.
    Are you eating this? What the heck are you talking about? lol
    No, a girl on my FB page posted it.  They're rolls made to look like hippos that you serve in a bowl of soup.  Google "Hippo soup rolls."  The picture will come up.  This would make so much more sense if I was allowed to post the picture.  Stupid Bump.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Do I win a prize? What else do you guys want me to post?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Guys.  Our photographer finally posted the Valentine's Mini sessions that we were going to do for Cal's 6mo.

$185.
    15 minutes
    4 digital files

What.
    The.
    Fuck.  $185 for 15 minutes and only 4 pictures?  FYI, last time we did this (Nov. 2013) it was $75.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Guys.  Our photographer finally posted the Valentine's Mini sessions that we were going to do for Cal's 6mo.

$185.
    15 minutes
    4 digital files

What.
    The.
    Fuck.  $185 for 15 minutes and only 4 pictures?  FYI, last time we did this (Nov. 2013) it was $75.
    um, no.  Our photographer is doing them for $50, 15 minutes, 5 edited images.  Techincally it would be $60 for you since she charges $10 for an add'l sibling.  I don't even pay $185 for a full family session!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• kelbel527 said:
    Guys.  Our photographer finally posted the Valentine's Mini sessions that we were going to do for Cal's 6mo.

$185.
    15 minutes
    4 digital files

What.
    The.
    um, no.  Our photographer is doing them for $50, 15 minutes, 5 edited images.  Techincally it would be $60 for you since she charges $10 for an add'l sibling.  I don't even pay $185 for a full family session!

STUCK:
    @kelbel527, can you email me her info?  Hopefully she'll have spots left. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Seattle banning cheese at city hall before the football game is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Today anyways.

The cement idiots are still dumber.

And this is why I will forever dislike the Seahawks...and many many many many many other reasons! Go Pack!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kelbel527 said:
    Guys.  Our photographer finally posted the Valentine's Mini sessions that we were going to do for Cal's 6mo.

$185.
    15 minutes
    4 digital files

What.
    The.

STUCK:
    @kelbel527, can you email me her info?  Hopefully she'll have spots left. :-)
    So, I just emailed you.  And then accidentally copied our photographer on the email (I put her address in the to: box so I could copy it for you.)  At least it was a nice email about her!  That's what happens when I try to do things quickly.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• I wish you guys could see the hippos in soup.  Seriously.  Rolls shaped like hippos.  In a bowl of soup.  It's so cute.

I saw these on Pinterest. Adorable!
  • MRoxy0628 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm here too!  I don't have anything exciting to contribute. Work is going to be pretty busy today, I have a lot of students to meet with. 

Does anyone else buy Entertainment books?  Today it's only $10 and free shipping in case anyone is interested. 
    Is there a coupon?  When I clicked it it's showing $26.  I would totally buy it for $10.
    Try this: https://linkemail.entertainment.com/r/JISGCY6/7R4RN/9ISS1V/693WWC/8X9KR/20/h?a=168231&b=14MEM_011415&c=utm_source=Email&utm_medium=RBTB&utm_campaign=14MEM_011415

edit: that's the minneapolis one, but maybe if you search for your city it will work.

edit #2: If you click on where it says Twin Cities Twin Ports Book it will take you to a main page and you can search in the upper left for your city 
    Thank you!!! :)

• @jenndub Good Luck!  I hope she sleeps!  How long of a drive is it?

Re: my commentary on lurkers....  if it's someone who was really active at one point, it's not that weird to me.  Or if it's someone who interacted here in the last 6 months but they got a new job where they can't log on so they're only reading out of boredom while they're on the toilet at night or something, that's also not that weird.  But I dunno........if you're none of the above and read all this general chit chat about our daily nuances, I do think that's weird.  The other threads, I totally get.  But the daily chat thread is just different IMO.

I was also thinking about how much I love this group as it is right now.  There isn't anyone who makes me feel super annoyed.  I was reminded yesterday of how irritated I would get at a couple posters way back when just because they existed haha.
    Can't highlight but this is basically me.  I post when I can but mostly have a few minutes here and there to see what is going on, who's knocked up, who bought what, etc.  by the time I have real time to type the conversations are over.  I feel like I know so many of you, but you don't know much about me.  

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    just seeing if I can post a link. Answer: yes.  :-$

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    I would have a hard time being a realtor.  People looking at $90k houses complaining because of lack of granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, LOL, and people looking at $900k houses and complaining about wall color and that the stove isn't gas.  Uh, you're buying a $900k home, you can change out the stove. 

#hgtv haha
    My first thought was you can but a house for 90k? You can buy one room in my tiny house for that.  @-)
    Oh and I zillowed my zip code and that $ max and got all of 0 hits. Oy.

• Pokedot said:

We used to get an entertainment book for free as a gift from Menards. Where we live it doesn't make sense for us but a larger city, well worth it.

I was going through and starting to get tax paperwork ready. This is the first year we've used an IHDC otherwise we pay my mom cash. So I contacted our provider, yeah she doesn't claim it on her taxes. I can't imagine how much she's making tax free. She charges us $27/hr and usually has at least 4-5 kids full days.

holy (insert swear word). There is no way I could afford this!! And that's crazy that she isn't claiming any of that-- that's like >$100 an hour when all kids are there. I will move to your town and watch B for half that :)
    Wait, that wasn't a typo? 

• Chicken Caesar Salad.  With crunchy bread.

Can this be a meal?

I want it for dinner.  DH asks "with what?" Because to him, apparently it is not dinner.

The same way he doesn't believe that soup is dinner.  Once in awhile, I remember how great it was living by myself because I had no one else to please with my meals.
    My DH thinks dinner = meat.  He thinks there should be a huge hunk of it.  He would never count meat in a salad.  It's ridiculous.
    To MH its only dinner if it contains a meat, a veggie and a starch. Wrong.
    We're working on it. Continuously. 

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited January 2015
    melody921 said:
    jenndub said:
    @melody921 Sawyer's new leotards are here and I love them! Thanks for the link.

jenndub, I saw this adorableness on IG last night and was going to ask if it was the new one, but then I got distracted and never got back online. Love it! I seriously want to put DD in dance just so she can wear one of these. And that reminds me, for those of you who have kids in dance, where do they go? Our local community center doesn't start until 3 years old, and some of the local dance schools are crazy with their requirements for LOs. I'm not signing up my 2-year-old for a year-long dance commitment at this point.
    I seriously love her. Ours is through our Health Club, upscale Y? At 3 I plan to move to an actual dance studio setting.

• Now for a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. If this/we goe away and @hmp1 doesn't join the FB group, who's going to dress my family? Seriously, I can't do it alone anymore.

• So today I sent MH this picture. Both girls at 6m. Binn on the left, Beb on the right. FFFC: I had to hold up my hand to make sure my left and rights were...right. His response: "uncanny". I was all wha? they look nothing alike. This proves it.
    So who's the crazy one? Him, right?

• BobKat22 said:

They actually don't look alike in that side by side, but I think Binn looks different in that picture than the pics I usually see of her. The normal pics I see of her are definitely "uncanny" how much they look alike. I'm blown away every time.

Exactly what I was thinking.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • danabsd said:

I would have a hard time being a realtor.  People looking at $90k houses complaining because of lack of granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, LOL, and people looking at $900k houses and complaining about wall color and that the stove isn't gas.  Uh, you're buying a $900k home, you can change out the stove. 

#hgtv haha

My first thought was you can but a house for 90k? You can buy one room in my tiny house for that.  @-)
    Oh and I billowed my zip code and that $ max and got all of 0 hits. Oy.

Move to this coast! Houses in that price range are everywhere...at least in NC and SC!

Anniversary

• danabsd said:

Pokedot said:

We used to get an entertainment book for free as a gift from Menards. Where we live it doesn't make sense for us but a larger city, well worth it.

I was going through and starting to get tax paperwork ready. This is the first year we've used an IHDC otherwise we pay my mom cash. So I contacted our provider, yeah she doesn't claim it on her taxes. I can't imagine how much she's making tax free. She charges us $27/hr and usually has at least 4-5 kids full days.

holy (insert swear word). There is no way I could afford this!! And that's crazy that she isn't claiming any of that-- that's like >$100 an hour when all kids are there. I will move to your town and watch B for half that :)
    Wait, that wasn't a typo? 
    She came back later and said it was $27/day.  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Okay, so I've decided to make Italian sausage stuffed pretzel pigs for the football game this weekend :))
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • danabsd said:

Now for a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. If this/we goe away and @hmp1 doesn't join the FB group, who's going to dress my family? Seriously, I can't do it alone anymore.

How do I join? Can someone just send me the link and I request acess? I don't like FB as much for conversation and I can't post pics as easily so I would rather keep the shop talk here as long as possible.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• I think they looked so much a like in the beginning but less now. But very obviously sisters.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• They look like sisters, but not exactly alike.  And both insanely adorable.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• hmp1 said:
    Now for a very serious issue that needs to be addressed. If this/we goe away and @hmp1 doesn't join the FB group, who's going to dress my family? Seriously, I can't do it alone anymore.
    How do I join? Can someone just send me the link and I request acess? I don't like FB as much for conversation and I can't post pics as easily so I would rather keep the shop talk here as long as possible.
    PM @tyrannosaurusjess (Sp?) your e-mail and she'll add you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"