September 2012 Moms
Options

Thursday Thoughts

Anyone still around these parts or have we all abandonded ship?

I work from home on Thursdays without the kids...it's easily my favorite date of the week because I can get so much done.

However, I often find myself in a battle on what to actually tackle (besides work) do I go on that run I wanted to get in? Meal plan and grocery shop? Re-organize the kids drawers and pack away old clothes? Finish laundry (yes)....

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
Little Sprout Blog

Re: Thursday Thoughts

• Options
    Anyway...yeah, so what's going on with all of you gals? I'm so bad at this...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    I'm here but I shouldn't be. I have to clean my house today since I was on an Internet spiral yesterday!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    here as well. I really should be getting housework done while the baby is still asleep. I've loaded and started the dishwasher, so I'm making slight progress, but now here I sit. 
  • Options
    I'm here.  I have work to do, but stopped here first.  That's a really bad habit.  Good Morning ladies!

I've been really bad at running during the week right now, and need to figure out how to work it into my routine.  I have to go outside for about 60 seconds to walk to the fitness room, but that's enough to convince me to stay inside my warm house.  But I'm determined to work an outside run in this weekend since it's supposed to be so nice out!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    I'm here.  I have work to do, but stopped here first.  That's a really bad habit.  Good Morning ladies!

I've been really bad at running during the week right now, and need to figure out how to work it into my routine.  I have to go outside for about 60 seconds to walk to the fitness room, but that's enough to convince me to stay inside my warm house.  But I'm determined to work an outside run in this weekend since it's supposed to be so nice out!
    Bad habit of mine too. I check in while I am getting all my systems up and running. Then I leave it up and lurk all day unless I get 10 free minutes. 

I had a pretty heavy lifting session on Monday and I have paid for it ever since. My arms feel dead and with the weather changes here + the workout, my knees are failing me everytime I need to stand. I really should know better than to try to run or lift when the weather is bad. I sound like an 80 year old woman with my joint complaints...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    I'm back. I haven't been on since the week after Thanksgiving. Lots to catch up on! I've been extremely busy at work. i should be working but oh well. I've missed you guys

imageimage 

• Options
    I'm here.  I've been catching up on the FB dramz all morning.  Holy hell.
  • Options
    I'm here too!  I don't have anything exciting to contribute. Work is going to be pretty busy today, I have a lot of students to meet with. 

Does anyone else buy Entertainment books?  Today it's only $10 and free shipping in case anyone is interested. 
  • Options

I wish I had a day off during the week. 4 days a week would be perfect for me. I find myself running errands on lunch rather than the gym and I need the gym.

I started replacing our hardware in our kitchen. Ugh. I got one side of one row of cabinets done in 2 days just doing hinges. When I ordered the handles I didn't realize our current hardware goes into the cabinet thus making the screws currently work. The new ones sit flush so I need all new screws. 68 to be exact. I went to the store and got some snap off ones then realized that was way too much work so now I need to go back. Also I bought 2 knobs and didn't realize they were different until I installed them. I'm over this already.

• Options
    Huh?  In our group, now I'm going to have to join, just to see the drama. 
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    I'm here too!  I don't have anything exciting to contribute. Work is going to be pretty busy today, I have a lot of students to meet with. 

Does anyone else buy Entertainment books?  Today it's only $10 and free shipping in case anyone is interested. 
    Is there a coupon?  When I clicked it it's showing $26.  I would totally buy it for $10.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    AlinnJoAlinnJo member
    edited January 2015
    I'm here. My parents dog sitter let their Great Dane out at 3am and he was pawing at our door and whining at 4:45am. He texted me that he got home from work at 3 and was really tired and fell asleep before the dog came back. 

Thank goodness my parents dog had enough sense to come to our house and whine. One of our Great Danes came in our room and woke us up so we could let my parents dog in. I'm so pissed. Im going to tell the dog sitter to leave and we will take care of him. It could have been a lot worse. It was 12 degrees last night. Poor dog.
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AlinnJo how sad! And yes, thank goodness he knew to come to your house! 
  • Options
    smb+jabsmb+jab member
    edited January 2015
    Stasi said:
    Anyone still around these parts or have we all abandonded ship?

I work from home on Thursdays without the kids...it's easily my favorite date of the week because I can get so much done.

However, I often find myself in a battle on what to actually tackle (besides work) do I go on that run I wanted to get in? Meal plan and grocery shop? Re-organize the kids drawers and pack away old clothes? Finish laundry (yes)....
    you are a go getter!  i would do none of those things and sit down and watch the today show with Matt Lauer and Al Roker.   :D

that is how i work from home!

but in answer to your question i have offered no real help - I suppose i would go with the one would make the biggest impact on your to do list that would be the easiest to do without the kids around.
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    MRoxy0628MRoxy0628 member
    edited January 2015
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

Is there a coupon?  When I clicked it it's showing $26.  I would totally buy it for $10.
    Try this: https://linkemail.entertainment.com/r/JISGCY6/7R4RN/9ISS1V/693WWC/8X9KR/20/h?a=168231&b=14MEM_011415&c=utm_source=Email&utm_medium=RBTB&utm_campaign=14MEM_011415

edit: that's the minneapolis one, but maybe if you search for your city it will work.

edit #2: If you click on where it says Twin Cities Twin Ports Book it will take you to a main page and you can search in the upper left for your city 
  • Options
    AlinnJo said:
    I'm here. My parents dog sitter let their Great Dane out at 3am and he was pawing at our door and whining at 4:45am. He texted me that he got home from work at 3 and was really tired and fell asleep before the dog came back. 

Thank goodness my parents dog had enough sense to come to our house and whine. One of our Great Danes came in our room and woke us up so we could let my parents dog in. I'm so pissed. Im going to tell the dog sitter to leave and we will take care of him. It could have been a lot worse. It was 12 degrees last night. Poor dog.
    Oh my gosh!  That's so sad!  How close are you to your parents house?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    Oo care to share?  Is it TB FB dramz? 

I'm here.  @alinnjo that poor dog!  I took my dog on a walk the other day and had to turn around at the end of the street because the pads of his feet were hurting him.  It was like 2 minutes outside.

I have a serious question.  Could my cat lick its asshole anymore?   I think the answer is no, but just wanted to verify.

I'm making tots for breakfast.  I wonder if I'd be more productive working from home if I only got one day a week to do it.  I normally do 2 but lately I've been home 3 days a week and I don't get anything done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I'm here for a bit.  

I struggle working from home because I feel like I have to be extra productive to make it okay, so I usually don't get anything done at home that I would like.  Although, I do save almost two hours in commute time, so that is nice.

@alinnjo that is crazy and I am so glad the dog came to your house!

@flamingemu, I have similar issues and totally feel like an old man when my knees are being wonky because of the weather and all!

@stasi if you work from home one day a week, I would do the meal planning and grocery shopping because I hate doing those two things with Luci in tow!  She is pretty helpful with her clothing these days, but shopping is horrible!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I don't really like mango all that much, but if you haven't tried frozen mango you are totally missing out.  It is so soft when it's frozen and lovely to eat all day long. 

I kind of think it's weird to lurk on this board now that we really don't debate anything or talk about anything controversial, it's just about the blablabla of our daily lives.  I don't think it's weird to lurk a board that has that early spunk/debate.  But if you're on here every day reading the daily threads I think that is bizarre.
    LOL I kind of agree @tinyhumantoe but I also get it.  I feel like there are always going to be randoms and lurkers as long as we stick on the public forum.  

I'm so tired and so frustrated!  DH is being rude and super selfish again.  I have no idea what to do or say.  I have been giving him miles and miles of leeway and now I feel like he is just taking advantage of me and my kindness.  I keep talking to him about how I am feeling, asking if there is something I can do, or if there is something going on with him.  He says nothing besides he knows.  What do I do?  I'm exhausted with it all!

• Options
    I'm driving to Vegas tomorrow with our family for Emma's soccer tournament. I'm the most nervous about Lennon in this drive. She fucking hates being in the car. It's basically the only time she cries. I'm scared.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    Here while on my business trip in PA.  Really looking forward to getting home tonight and praying I'm not delayed.

I was off here for a bit in December so glad I can get back on and caught up.   I have so much to do this weekend I don't know how I'll fit it all in:   Soccer/Swimming for DS, grocery shopping, taking down our trees, a little cleaning and laundry, oy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yesterday sucked at work.  I had a weird response to the stress; it wasn't a meltdown.  The best I can describe it is that I felt panicked to a level that my head seemed cloudy and I just felt unwell.  I didn't cry or quit working towards a solution.  It reminded me of the gross panic-induced adrenaline I felt one time when I heard someone walk into my house and DH was out of town.

I was having contractions, I thought due to the stress, but looking back I guarantee it was because I was dehydrated. 

Then the whole event felt kind of weird because I felt numb.  Like, I didn't trust myself to smile, entertain, or present.   I was totally out of it.  Luckily I snapped out of it at some point but man the whole day was a total panicked funk.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    MRoxy0628 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

Try this: https://linkemail.entertainment.com/r/JISGCY6/7R4RN/9ISS1V/693WWC/8X9KR/20/h?a=168231&b=14MEM_011415&c=utm_source=Email&utm_medium=RBTB&utm_campaign=14MEM_011415

edit: that's the minneapolis one, but maybe if you search for your city it will work.

edit #2: If you click on where it says Twin Cities Twin Ports Book it will take you to a main page and you can search in the upper left for your city 
    That worked.  You're awesome!  I bought one last year for $10 as well, and I use it enough to justify the $10, probably not as much to justify the $26.

And it's only $5 for a second book!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options

A fun time was had by all! ;)

Anniversary

• Options
    Zulily has Keens on today and my favorite shoes of all time are availble for $39.99.  I just can't pull the trigger.  The pair I have is the pattern I love.  These ones have camo on them, and there are few things less "me."  In fact, me + camo is pretty much the most unlikely combo I can think of.

I've also bought Nancy 3 swimsuits for Mexico.  We have a big pool and a kiddie pool at the house, so I figure we'll be doing a lot of swimming.  Zulily also has like 3 swim sales.  I want to buy all the swimsuits....
    I feel the same way about camo.  So not me.  I've seen it look cute on others, but I can't pull it off, plus I feel weird about wearing it being a vegetarian. 

@kelbel527 Glad you found your city and got it for $10! 

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    Zulily has Keens on today and my favorite shoes of all time are availble for $39.99.  I just can't pull the trigger.  The pair I have is the pattern I love.  These ones have camo on them, and there are few things less "me."  In fact, me + camo is pretty much the most unlikely combo I can think of.

I've also bought Nancy 3 swimsuits for Mexico.  We have a big pool and a kiddie pool at the house, so I figure we'll be doing a lot of swimming.  Zulily also has like 3 swim sales.  I want to buy all the swimsuits....
    I feel the same way about camo.  So not me.  I've seen it look cute on others, but I can't pull it off, plus I feel weird about wearing it being a vegetarian. 

This is the best thing I've heard all day. 
    Why?  Does it not make sense? :-S
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:
    kdsmith43 said:
    MRoxy0628 said:

This is the best thing I've heard all day. 
    Why?  Does it not make sense? :-S
    No, it's just funny. I liked it! I just don't correlate camo = eating meat. I get what you're saying though. I just think of military.
    I think of hunting too.  I'm also not "into" the military, but was nervous to say that. 
  • Options
    Okay, is there a way to look and see what the entertainment book contains?  Because I can get a KC and a Wichita book for $15 and I would assume there are enough coupons that I can recoup my money well?

P.S. I have never bought an entertainment book in my life!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"