September 2015 Moms
Options

How long had you been trying?

13»

Re: How long had you been trying?

• Options
    We have been trying for 4 years. We had one misscarriage did 6 rounds of iui's which didn't work. Then we tried to rounds of ivf which again didn't work. We started to look into adoption and found out on Jan.2 we were pregnant.
  • Options
    I got off my Nexplanon birth control and in August 2014, I finally had a period. Due to breastfeeding for almost 2 years, my progesterone levels were low which is needed to help get pregnant. I stopped breastfeeding early December 2014, had an early positive on Dec 19 which was 10DPO and put me at 3w1d! We are so excited. I decided to have my progesterone levels checked and it was a 16.6 which isn't too low but low so I am on progesterone oral pills until 12 weeks just in case. We saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks before I started the pills but I have been having random light spotting here and there so my OB suggested I take it easy, no lifting and to continue the pills. I am now 8w3d and baby is fabulous. Had an U/S a few days ago and HB was 171 :) Due Sept 3!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH and I were apart a lot last month with work and trips. It seriously happened on our first not- trying-to-prevent-but-we're-not actively-trying-either-time. I feel a lot of guilt like a poster above mentioned... my mom struggled with infertility for nine years. I was for sure it would be more difficult for me since we are similar in so many ways... 
    ----------------------------
    BFP#1: 01.06.2015 ... Baby Boy Due Date: 9.14.2015 FTM! :)
  • Options
    Our first was a surprise and our second, third and 4th (this LO) took 1 cycle.
  • Options
    About 2.5 months! I honestly didn't expect to get pregnant so quickly :) over the moon!
  • Options
    We've been really trying since June.  I hadn't been doing anything but temping to avoid the last couple of years, though, with no accidents so I was afraid we were going to have issues.  I have long irregular cycles, so that makes the right timing kind of difficult to predict, but we apparently hit it right over the holidays.  I couldn't believe it when I saw the first faint pink line.
  • Options
    I tried with my ex for about a year and a half and nothing happened. Fast forward two and a half years later to June '14 when I started trying with my husband and every month went by with no results. I started to think there was something wrong with me and that it would never happen but here I am 7w3d pregnant.
  • Options
    First month. It was a huge surprise. I'm 36 and my husband 42 so we just assumed it would take awhile. We were shocked but are also so grateful.  Hopefully everything turns out ok. We see the Dr. in a week. 
    I used the Ovia Fertility app to track.
  • Options
    About 2 months, used preseed the month we concieved. I keep telling other TTC about it! I was really surprised we got pregnant so quickly, to be honest I'm still wondering if I was 100% ready.
  • Options
    7 months but I had a mc so then 3 months after I got pregnant and I'm 7 weeks now
  • Options
    adtaylor2015adtaylor2015 member
    edited January 2015
    We were not trying but not doing anything to prevent it either.. We had the whatever happens, happens mindset. Same with my first pregnancy.. mostly because I knew if I started trying to calculate and plan, etc, and it didn't happen, it would stress me out.
  • Options
    7.5 years for us we did a failed iui October 13' and then a successful IVF in December 14' we will be 8 weeks Wednesday
  • Options
    Our first one was an unplanned surprise so im not sure with how long it took, but with this one planned we got pregnant on the 2nd month of trying. I was told when i was 17 i would not have kids even had one DR try to convince me of a hysterectomy... the DR was so wrong and in my case after a surgery when i was 17 my endometriosis was like non exsistant anymore having no more problems and most definitely capable of having babies
  • Options
    We weren't even trying this time! We had to try for a few months with our son (who's 16 months old now) so this is such a little blessing! Congrats to you on your positive! ❤️
  • Options
    We decided back in August to start trying when I came to visit in December. Got married and pregnant on the same day. Now I'm back in FL and he's in MN. Hopefully I get to move back up there this summer if I can sell my house. Or even if I can't.
  • Options
    My husband and  I got pregnant on the first try! We were definitely not expecting for it happen so soon! 
  • Options
    I had my implanon removed in mid-October and we got our BFP just three months later. At 28, I've never tried to get pregnant or been pregnant (but have no health risks) so we had no idea how long it would take. Happy this little pea is growing and on its way!
  • Options
    I am surprised I conceived as fast as we did. I have PCOS and have been on birth control for years. We decided to see if we can naturally get pregnant for 6 months and if no success we would go to a fertility doctor. I was off birth control for 5 weeks and conceived! We both couldn't be happier and surprised.
  • Options
    First try. Fertile gal here! :) Blessed because my BFF tried for around a year and had to use fertility drugs. I remember her struggle, so I never forget that I'm lucky and it isn't always this easy.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    nanako0nanako0 member
    edited January 2015
    I have struggled with severe endometriosis for 12 years (from 14yo) & have been actively trying for three years. I was told so many times that it was going to be a struggle if not impossible without IVF and was beginning to lose hope but here I am, 5 weeks along- conceived naturally. I probably won't fully believe it until my 1st us on 2/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"